VHL General Discussion

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
The 'official' from VHL was 1,100 for Kunlun today. Not so bad for a farm team?

Tseng Tou had 3,645 which is very respectable!

That 3600 might have been tickets sold (gave away), but there's no way there was that many people in the arena. The 1100 is possible since I couldn't see the other side of the arena, but I doubt that total as well. I would say under a thousand for sure.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well the season is going more or less as expected with St. Petersburg teams and Neftyanik having relatively easy time in the PO as well. Kurgan is the dark horse being built around their excellent goaltending with Zagidulin being KHL ready over a year ago as his Kunlun loan stint has shown.

The interesting thing, Kuznya released Kasutin in the middle of series against Dinamo. Pretty funny.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His playoff stats do look abysmal.
Yeah, he was bad indeed but how bad do you have to be for a team to not even wait a few days until the season ends out of plain decency. I find it kinda funny. It's like "just get out of my sight asap".

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's kinda funny to see SKA really trying to win something, they sent Rykov, Maltsev, Syomin, Altybarmakyan and Kvartalnov to play in the MHL finals and day later called them back to the VHL. It's like those guys are working 2 jobs.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Hey, as the season is over, is there any new info on that Silk Road Cup plan? Or will there be any new teams from Far-East?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Hey, as the season is over, is there any new info on that Silk Road Cup plan? Or will there be any new teams from Far-East?
No developments so far. I think the only surefire addition is HK Tambov that will join from Russian third tier competition.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lada just crushed Saryarka 4-0 and definitely are early favorites for the cup. Half of their roster is borderline KHL players/VHL stars like Skrynnik, Metlyuk, Kostromitin, Berdyukov, Andryushchenko, Chistov, Ozolins, Mastryukov, Konstantin Mayorov, Pankov... And the other is young guys from Loko system. Definitely seems like a mix that works and even though a few teams had a very good start to their season Lada is one I expect to keep it up.

For all the people crying about the KHL contraption, it was really good and needed for the VHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kiss of death. Andryushchenko got released for Skachkov. :laugh:
Would be interesting to see him back in Belarus league to compare how good/bad he is next to local league stars. He has been off radar for so long.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Would be interesting to see him back in Belarus league to compare how good/bad he is next to local league stars. He has been off radar for so long.
You might get this chance, Lada just bought him out, wondering why...Probably signed Skachkov and don't want to pay him anymore, his stats are ok

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It was a pretty weird move. When a team is playing this well one would think "don't fix what's not broken", wouldn't he? I even thought about the idea that maybe Andryushchenko himself had an offer from Minsk and wanted out but none of this makes much sense, honestly. Skachkov wasn't dominant in the Belarus league either last year (3rd in scoring on Yunost in the PO) so I don't know, this doesn't make sense from Lada's perspective. There has to be more to this from the Andryushchenko's side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad