VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I talked to my rep today about my concern on the revoking ticket situation since I don't live in town and just can't make that many games. She said not to worry after telling her I would try to attend 8-9 games this regular season and we'd see about playoffs, which is about what I did last year too. She insists the people who had seats revoked aren't telling the whole story, whatever that means.

I have heard through a source that the team got quite a bit of data from Stubhub last year that they will obviously not get this year, but that the data helped them find true brokers who had sold a lot of tickets for other events so they are assumed to be true ticket brokers and not just STH selling a lot of games. Who knows, no one is really saying much.

I will say though the team should stop trying to engineer the fan base and most certainly do not win long term if seats are mostly filled with STH attending 30 or more games a year. With a new franchise and a new sport to the city the best thing they could do is get lots of people to attend a handful of games each to get hooked. I went to the preseason game this week and the people next to me bought them online and said they had wanted to go a long time, but couldn't afford the seats last year. They were making noise and yelling at the refs like it was a playoff game. That was unlike any preseason game I had ever seen before and it wasn't even close. It really did seem like a lot of newly engaged fans were in the seats and they were making it quite an atmosphere. Those are the people they need to expose the game to more so the fact that STH were selling a lot isn't a bad thing after all last year or this year, it will be good for the long term success of the team.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I talked to my rep today about my concern on the revoking ticket situation since I don't live in town and just can't make that many games. She said not to worry after telling her I would try to attend 8-9 games this regular season and we'd see about playoffs, which is about what I did last year too. She insists the people who had seats revoked aren't telling the whole story, whatever that means.

I have heard through a source that the team got quite a bit of data from Stubhub last year that they will obviously not get this year, but that the data helped them find true brokers who had sold a lot of tickets for other events so they are assumed to be true ticket brokers and not just STH selling a lot of games. Who knows, no one is really saying much.

I will say though the team should stop trying to engineer the fan base and most certainly do not win long term if seats are mostly filled with STH attending 30 or more games a year. With a new franchise and a new sport to the city the best thing they could do is get lots of people to attend a handful of games each to get hooked. I went to the preseason game this week and the people next to me bought them online and said they had wanted to go a long time, but couldn't afford the seats last year. They were making noise and yelling at the refs like it was a playoff game. That was unlike any preseason game I had ever seen before and it wasn't even close. It really did seem like a lot of newly engaged fans were in the seats and they were making it quite an atmosphere. Those are the people they need to expose the game to more so the fact that STH were selling a lot isn't a bad thing after all last year or this year, it will be good for the long term success of the team.

Many teams track the data. Even if they're not pulling the data directly from StubHub since their relationship is over, they're hiring firms to scrape listings data across all secondary market sites. If you're listing your tickets on the secondary market; just assume the team is going to know that at this point no matter the platform.

I've been following the Vegas ticket issues for a bit now as I find the practices by the team absurd. I'm for the free market (as should everyone) as practices like this only drive up prices and make it more difficult on fans trying to offload games. I live in New York and thankfully the state (for now) has one of the better ticket reselling laws in the country. Basically, the team can't take away your tickets no matter how much you resell. The Rangers have stuck it to us basically by jacking prices up through the roof to match the secondary market (they've collected the data as well on how much tickets go for) but we never have to worry about losing our tickets. The move to mobile tickets also hurts the fan since it's easier for teams to identify what you do with the ticket (transferred or used for personal use) and not to mention they're gathering more data on who you're transferring tickets to. I'm interested to see what happens when the team does take a downturn just as I am seeing how the Rangers pricing situation turns out with us in a downturn. There was always a wait list for Rangers tickets and it was impossible to get your hands on them through the box office. Now, there's plenty available through the team (look at the home opener on Ticketmaster along with the prices) and they're pushing plans non stop.

As an aside, I'll be in town for the game v. NYR in January. Unfortunately didn't make it last season but excited to this year. Any tips/suggestions/people selling would be highly appreciated. Looking to sit downstairs on the NYR shoot twice. I sold my tickets already for the VGK game at MSG in December but I can surely point those looking in the right direction if you're interested :)

Reactions: Boris Zubov

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Bought StubHub tix for tomorrow's game. That address is not in my flashseats account, so I contacted AXS like three weeks ago and have heard nothing.

Now, it's the day before the game and have recontacted them again. May have to go to ticket office tomorrow and get my tickets properly "transferred" if this doesn't get resolved!

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Many teams track the data. Even if they're not pulling the data directly from StubHub since their relationship is over, they're hiring firms to scrape listings data across all secondary market sites. If you're listing your tickets on the secondary market; just assume the team is going to know that at this point no matter the platform.

I've been following the Vegas ticket issues for a bit now as I find the practices by the team absurd. I'm for the free market (as should everyone) as practices like this only drive up prices and make it more difficult on fans trying to offload games. I live in New York and thankfully the state (for now) has one of the better ticket reselling laws in the country. Basically, the team can't take away your tickets no matter how much you resell. The Rangers have stuck it to us basically by jacking prices up through the roof to match the secondary market (they've collected the data as well on how much tickets go for) but we never have to worry about losing our tickets. The move to mobile tickets also hurts the fan since it's easier for teams to identify what you do with the ticket (transferred or used for personal use) and not to mention they're gathering more data on who you're transferring tickets to. I'm interested to see what happens when the team does take a downturn just as I am seeing how the Rangers pricing situation turns out with us in a downturn. There was always a wait list for Rangers tickets and it was impossible to get your hands on them through the box office. Now, there's plenty available through the team (look at the home opener on Ticketmaster along with the prices) and they're pushing plans non stop.

As an aside, I'll be in town for the game v. NYR in January. Unfortunately didn't make it last season but excited to this year. Any tips/suggestions/people selling would be highly appreciated. Looking to sit downstairs on the NYR shoot twice. I sold my tickets already for the VGK game at MSG in December but I can surely point those looking in the right direction if you're interested :)
how many tix you need?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Bought StubHub tix for tomorrow's game. That address is not in my flashseats account, so I contacted AXS like three weeks ago and have heard nothing.

Now, it's the day before the game and have recontacted them again. May have to go to ticket office tomorrow and get my tickets properly "transferred" if this doesn't get resolved!

Unreal. :shakehead What a giant PITA!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
OK, so six CS reports (in the last two days, not counting the ones weeks ago) and two calls (about 60 minutes total -- StubHub AND Flashseats) later I FINALLY have access to tickets to tonight's game.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
OK, so six CS reports (in the last two days, not counting the ones weeks ago) and two calls (about 60 minutes total -- StubHub AND Flashseats) later I FINALLY have access to tickets to tonight's game.

I hope you had a fun time at the game at least. After all the hassle!

Reactions: sabresfan65

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I neglected to include the wait time and online CS chat too. :D (Which led to first call)

Except for the idiots leaning forward in front of me (blocking partial view of ice) so I couldn't see the closest corner, it was a fun game. (And unlike the rookie tournament, Chance never found me and took my hat. :D)

Took the bus for the first time. $4 RT sure beats parking fees. (But wore the wrong shoes and have blisters today)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Can anyone share the secret to Paris g a single game's parking pass for upload to stub hub? I have tried printing as pdf but stub hub won't accept it as a valid file.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If anyone is curious about the answer to the above question, opening the file in Acrobat Pro and deleting all other passes, then saving the resulting single page as the original filename, worked.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Traveling to Vegas on Oct 20 and would love to catch the Knights-Ducks game, but tix are a bit steep on stubhub. Any chance someone is selling lower level seats? I would be willing to do $150 per ticket.

Also, have you guys noticed that ticket prices drop closer to gametime? I'm in no rush really...could buy them day of the game

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Traveling to Vegas on Oct 20 and would love to catch the Knights-Ducks game, but tix are a bit steep on stubhub. Any chance someone is selling lower level seats? I would be willing to do $150 per ticket.

Also, have you guys noticed that ticket prices drop closer to gametime? I'm in no rush really...could buy them day of the game
If one is willing to take a risk that some of the greedier sellers wait too long to drop their price, a good deal is there to be had. I got 165 glass seats to a Sunday kings game last year. Of course at 120, by the time you pay the fees, you will be back up to 150 anyway.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Jets fan coming in peace. :) Making the trek to Vegas for late October, looking for 4 tickets to the game vs. TB. Should any of you have something available, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Try this site instead...

Vegas Golden Knights - 2018 Single Games

All STHs are supposed to be reselling our seats here. They list both resale & tickets unsold by the team itself. I've seen really good deals from STHs just looking to unload their seats quickly.

Reactions: DEVILS130

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Hey guys - do the Golden Knights give season ticket holders nicely designed cardstock tickets? Or are they all now just either a digital ticket or printed off at home on computer paper. Seems like most teams are moving away from the traditional cardstock for ticket holders but I like to get them when I can. Thanks!!

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hey guys - do the Golden Knights give season ticket holders nicely designed cardstock tickets? Or are they all now just either a digital ticket or printed off at home on computer paper. Seems like most teams are moving away from the traditional cardstock for ticket holders but I like to get them when I can. Thanks!!

Digital tickets only. No physical tickets whatsoever.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
About VGK revoking tickets from STH, I got worried this year as read the stories online especially about that couple from St George with the sick husband and they drove back and forth for every game. I can't believe that there is more to the story with them. Others yes, but not an older couple like that. We sell maybe 1/3 of our seats because of my girlfriend gets off work late and sometimes can't make it to the start of the game. Plus we committed for five seasons and get a price break and vgk can easily sell those seats for much more for the duration of our contract. I really don't mind opposing fans in our house. I've only been annoyed at sharks and caps fans. Everyone else seems to just enjoy being there.

Jacey Kelly

Oct 14, 2018
I don’t know if I’m posting in the right place but there are 4 of us travelling from New Brunswick Canada for the Oct 24th game. Looking for 4 tickets if there are any floating around it would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
About VGK revoking tickets from STH, I got worried this year as read the stories online especially about that couple from St George with the sick husband and they drove back and forth for every game. I can't believe that there is more to the story with them. Others yes, but not an older couple like that. We sell maybe 1/3 of our seats because of my girlfriend gets off work late and sometimes can't make it to the start of the game. Plus we committed for five seasons and get a price break and vgk can easily sell those seats for much more for the duration of our contract. I really don't mind opposing fans in our house. I've only been annoyed at sharks and caps fans. Everyone else seems to just enjoy being there.

You must have skipped the Ducks games last season.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Sarcoyne

Jul 8, 2012
Hey there! I'm traveling with a friend from Finland to California and Vegas and was planning to see the game against Pittsburgh on January 19th. Are the tickets really 135$ at the lowest? Seems quite expensive to me. Do you recommend to buy the tickets right away or are there usually tickets available on the game day?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Hey there! I'm traveling with a friend from Finland to California and Vegas and was planning to see the game against Pittsburgh on January 19th. Are the tickets really 135$ at the lowest? Seems quite expensive to me. Do you recommend to buy the tickets right away or are there usually tickets available on the game day?

Pittsburgh was the most expensive ticket last year in the regular season. Seems like it will be the same this year. You can take a chance and see if prices will drop, but games like the Pens, Rangers & Detroit seemed to go up in price on game-day last year.

I'm going to be out of town that week & my two tickets will be available. PM if you would like information about my seats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad