VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Can any STH help me with what the STH gift was for this season?

Buddy of mine got 4 full season lower bowl seats and has not received anything..

Noah G

Sep 24, 2018
Anyone selling 3-4 tickets to the Oct 4 season opener v. Philadelphia Flyers?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Buddy of mine got 4 full season lower bowl seats and has not received anything..
The gift was the joy of paying through the nose for 41 games plus 4 preseason at full price. Oh, also, uncertainty over whether we will be able to sell tix to the games we can't make. So a two-fer gift, I suppose.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Once the team started winning, they decided they the STHs didn't matter to them & they could treat us like sh!t. Their "gift" to us fortunate ones is not to revoke our seats, that is if they ever decide to give them to us at all. The season is 10 days away & yet none of us have tickets or any clue where we'll be able to resell the games we can't attend or if we can resell them at all.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The gift was the joy of paying through the nose for 41 games plus 4 preseason at full price. Oh, also, uncertainty over whether we will be able to sell tix to the games we can't make. So a two-fer gift, I suppose.

Once the team started winning, they decided they the STHs didn't matter to them & they could treat us like sh!t. Their "gift" to us fortunate ones is not to revoke our seats, that is if they ever decide to give them to us at all. The season is 10 days away & yet none of us have tickets or any clue where we'll be able to resell the games we can't attend or if we can resell them at all.

Damn, really? I had heard they took good care of STH for Season 1 and had assumed with the playoff success it would continue.

How would they prevent you from selling games you can't attend? My buddy is only planning on attending 5-15 games this coming season and not being able to sell the others would be a big blow for what he's paying - LOL

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Damn, really? I had heard they took good care of STH for Season 1 and had assumed with the playoff success it would continue.

How would they prevent you from selling games you can't attend? My buddy is only planning on attending 5-15 games this coming season and not being able to sell the others would be a big blow for what he's paying - LOL
If he only goes to 5 games and sells the rest, they will likely not let him buy again, and may cancel his package for the rest of this season. And you can't sell what you don't have, they haven't released regular season tix yet.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If he only goes to 5 games and sells the rest, they will likely not let him buy again, and may cancel his package for the rest of this season. And you can't sell what you don't have, they haven't released regular season tix yet.
I'm testing that theory this year. Since I moved, I'm likely not going to more than 5 games this season. I have people that I know that will purchase all my tickets I don't use.

They won't get listed anywhere unapproved, and I won't make much money on them, though there's no way for them to confirm that. I figure I'm good for $10/game over my price since I got into the whole game like 5 minutes after they asked for deposits and didn't have a team. I'm sure I'm still selling them under list, and I committed to purchasing all of the games like 3-4 years ago.

We'll see what happens. My goal was to purchase season tickets for life, especially since we're planning on returning to Las Vegas. I plan on purchasing tickets when they're a 109 point team and when they're a 60 point team. If they decide I'm not a valuable season ticket holder this season because they're good and I'm distributing tickets to friends/family, I hope they want have the nuts to ask me to purchase them when they're in a position like Dallas was a few years ago, or any number of other teams with less than 8,000 STH are this season.

Hell, when I plopped down my deposit however many years ago, I thought they were a 60 point team, that should be worth something. I'm sure they wouldn't have credited money back if they flopped in town and I couldn't sell them.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Gotcha.... he's not planning on being dumb about it so we'll see what happens. Speaking of it, he'll actually be at the game tonight.

As far as the gift though, what did you guys get last year for signing up?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Gotcha.... he's not planning on being dumb about it so we'll see what happens. Speaking of it, he'll actually be at the game tonight.

As far as the gift though, what did you guys get last year for signing up?

I was not an annointed one last year. I had to see a game before drinking the koolaid. But there was a jersey for every two seats, and other swag.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Last year's gift was a really nice box with an Inaugural Season Ticket Holder scarf, a lapel pin, a commemorative season ticket, and a jersey that came separately. It was really nice.

Still up in the air on this year's gift. I know they might not feel like they need to give one out since it's kind of a hot ticket, but it would definitely be appreciated if they did.

Reactions: CPTN71

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm testing that theory this year. Since I moved, I'm likely not going to more than 5 games this season. I have people that I know that will purchase all my tickets I don't use.

They won't get listed anywhere unapproved, and I won't make much money on them, though there's no way for them to confirm that. I figure I'm good for $10/game over my price since I got into the whole game like 5 minutes after they asked for deposits and didn't have a team. I'm sure I'm still selling them under list, and I committed to purchasing all of the games like 3-4 years ago.

We'll see what happens. My goal was to purchase season tickets for life, especially since we're planning on returning to Las Vegas. I plan on purchasing tickets when they're a 109 point team and when they're a 60 point team. If they decide I'm not a valuable season ticket holder this season because they're good and I'm distributing tickets to friends/family, I hope they want have the nuts to ask me to purchase them when they're in a position like Dallas was a few years ago, or any number of other teams with less than 8,000 STH are this season.

Hell, when I plopped down my deposit however many years ago, I thought they were a 60 point team, that should be worth something. I'm sure they wouldn't have credited money back if they flopped in town and I couldn't sell them.

I actually told my rep once when he was being particularly arrogant and demeaning that the organization isn't making the bed very well for when there is a downturn in competitiveness.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I actually told my rep once when he was being particularly arrogant and demeaning that the organization isn't making the bed very well for when there is a downturn in competitiveness.
I still feel like a partner in this whole thing, and I've had no negative interactions with the team at all.

My guard is up a little after seeing some of the negativity here and elsewhere, though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Last year's gift was a really nice box with an Inaugural Season Ticket Holder scarf, a lapel pin, a commemorative season ticket, and a jersey that came separately. It was really nice.

Still up in the air on this year's gift. I know they might not feel like they need to give one out since it's kind of a hot ticket, but it would definitely be appreciated if they did.

Dang that is pretty nice.. but probably to be expected for Year 1, Season 1 folks. Definitely deserved!

Just for context - the last 3 years for Jackets full STH
2016- Box, lapel pin, commemorative season ticket
2017- Box, and lapel pin ( :huh: )
2018- Lapel pin and a flag (actually kinda nice) but no box ... came wrapped up in a FedEx business envelope ... SMH :laugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I still feel like a partner in this whole thing, and I've had no negative interactions with the team at all.

My guard is up a little after seeing some of the negativity here and elsewhere, though.

You're probably a Day 1 STH. They always refer to Day 1 STHs to explain why we are treated less than....

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You're probably a Day 1 STH. They always refer to Day 1 STHs to explain why we are treated less than....
I am a Day 1 guy, and I don't see us getting anything over and above anyone else other than that Foley Food and Wine card we got a few years ago.

So far this season it's just taking money and asking if we want to pre-pay for parking. :laugh:

rstraube724

Dec 13, 2017
For perspective, season ticket holder lower bowl since day 1, just paid 20k on Raiders PSL's, I got two Raider beer koozies, officially licensed koozies too!

rstraube724

Dec 13, 2017
I guess that is funny? Supporting our local teams or even funnier the other 64k plus that have will buy PSL's with me. People said that about the Golden Knights tickets the first year to. Just saying. They seriously did give me two koozies though lol.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
PSLs are a jack move, and a crappy way for a team to finance construction. However, the more people unreasonably restrict the use of public funds on stadia, the more common they'll be.

The good news is that it's property, so you can sell it for as much as you want to whoever you want (assuming the team isn't restricting that.) Air Canada Centre PSLs were selling for $100,000 each on the secondary market a few years ago, I'm sure they're close to that, if not higher, now that the Leafs don't suck.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got my email stating our seats should be loaded into our Flash accounts within 48 hours. :eyeroll: It also states that Flash is the ONLY platform for resales. :shakehead Anyone with seats listed on Stubhub needs to remove them now or they will cancel your accounts.

The good news is there's no selling fees on Flash. The bad news is the platform sucks.

Regardless, it's absurd we're still waiting for tickets this close to the season opener. :thumbd:

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Just got my email stating our seats should be loaded into our Flash accounts within 48 hours. :eyeroll: It also states that Flash is the ONLY platform for resales. :shakehead Anyone with seats listed on Stubhub needs to remove them now or they will cancel your accounts.

The good news is there's no selling fees on Flash. The bad news is the platform sucks.

Regardless, it's absurd we're still waiting for tickets this close to the season opener. :thumbd:
Meh. I don't really care as long as they're there prior to the game. Once they all drop, you never have to worry about it again.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Does it say in the email that there are no selling fees? That sounds curious.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It says that in the mail, yes.

I'm all for no selling fees.

Nice! Can't wait till my wife forwards the email so I can read it... She's worried about lack of exposure to buyers on Flash Seats, but I think if buyers need to find Flash Seats to get tix, they'll find it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad