VGK Ticket Thread (Read OP for rules)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Of the few tickets we have been selling, we have been in a mild price war with a STH 5 rows behind us. We're not trying to get rich, just trying to sell off the tix we can't use and defray the cost of the package, so we aim to be the lowest lower bowl offering for each game we sell.

Anyway, this guy has been cross-posting in both Flash Seats and Stub Hub, and in Flash Seats he counters every price we set with $4 cheaper. Yesterday, every single one of listings disappeared through the entire season on both sites.

This tells me two things: Those of us who are going to the games and selling games seem to be fine so far, and VGK seems to absolutely be monitoring the Stub Hub listings.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Of the few tickets we have been selling, we have been in a mild price war with a STH 5 rows behind us. We're not trying to get rich, just trying to sell off the tix we can't use and defray the cost of the package, so we aim to be the lowest lower bowl offering for each game we sell.

Anyway, this guy has been cross-posting in both Flash Seats and Stub Hub, and in Flash Seats he counters every price we set with $4 cheaper. Yesterday, every single one of listings disappeared through the entire season on both sites.

This tells me two things: Those of us who are going to the games and selling games seem to be fine so far, and VGK seems to absolutely be monitoring the Stub Hub listings.

So you think they yanked his seats?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So you think they yanked his seats?

I can't think of any other explanation. We looked and saw extremely few games he (or she) hadn't listed.

Edited to add:

The day before we noticed this, our Vancouver listing sold. We noticed his Vancouver listing was gone too, but didn't see whose went first. The rest of his games remained up that day.

The seat numbers weren't listed on Stub Hub listings (They always were last year). It wouldn't surprise me if they actually shopped him on Stub Hub to validate which tickets they were, he delisted Flash Seats as soon as they sold on Stub Hub, and they nailed him the next day.

From my personal viewpoint, the whole thing makes me nervous as someone who will need to sell at least 33%-40% of the package, and satisfied that they are actively weeding out brokers.

Rolikmeir

Oct 22, 2018
Is anyone interested in selling 2 tickets in lower section for a portion of the season. I’ve been to every game since the playoffs and my bill on stubhub is $xx,xxx

If anyone doesn’t want the stress of selling tickets for every game then message me I’ll purchase them :)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I talked with my rep again this morning, said they may non-renew me for not using half or more of the games but the policy hasn't been decided yet. I received an email saying that I was in violation of policy that the rep said went out to many STH. She said they are not going to take away tickets or privileges this year as most of the tickets are already paid for, but next season will be discussed in December

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I talked with my rep again this morning, said they may non-renew me for not using half or more of the games but the policy hasn't been decided yet. I received an email saying that I was in violation of policy that the rep said went out to many STH. She said they are not going to take away tickets or privileges this year as most of the tickets are already paid for, but next season will be discussed in December

When did you get that email?

This entire situation feels like an inevitable class action lawsuit. When I signed up for my seats, the rep's SELLING point was how easy it would be to unload the games we couldn't go to. Not only was it never frowned upon, it was his suggestion when I talked about my reluctance of taking a full season instead of the half season or 1/4 season package I originally planned on. When I upgraded to a full season, I was quite clear that I wouldn't be able to attend more than 7-10 games as I work nights. My Rep went into full salesman mode explaining better seat choices, cheaper rates & how I didn't need to attend all the games when I could resell them so easily.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
When did you get that email?

This entire situation feels like an inevitable class action lawsuit. When I signed up for my seats, the rep's SELLING point was how easy it would be to unload the games we couldn't go to. Not only was it never frowned upon, it was his suggestion when I talked about my reluctance of taking a full season instead of the half season or 1/4 season package I originally planned on. When I upgraded to a full season, I was quite clear that I wouldn't be able to attend more than 7-10 games as I work nights. My Rep went into full salesman mode explaining better seat choices, cheaper rates & how I didn't need to attend all the games when I could resell them so easily.

Email came this morning. I'm ok with it, I don't live in Vegas anymore so they can have them back. I have followed the rules and sold only on the authorized sites and admittedly made a lot of money so can't complain. I can just buy a handful of games or get some games from people who have seats when I'm in town, I'm not going to sue them over it. I do think the team should be careful about this because acting like you can control who goes into seats in a market like Vegas is a foolish stance to take.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Email came this morning. I'm ok with it, I don't live in Vegas anymore so they can have them back. I have followed the rules and sold only on the authorized sites and admittedly made a lot of money so can't complain. I can just buy a handful of games or get some games from people who have seats when I'm in town, I'm not going to sue them over it. I do think the team should be careful about this because acting like you can control who goes into seats in a market like Vegas is a foolish stance to take.
I'm about the biggest VGK supporter in the world. Got deposits really early and begged for them to take my money ASAP for season tickets to help the effort.

I fear what happens if they start sucking. They've done very well to develop this fanbase, but I truly hope they've got research that says they'll maintain the ticket-purchasing support they'll need when (and it will eventually happen) they're not good/great and the tickets aren't hot commodities.

Someone willing to purchase tickets to every game you put on is very valuable to a team, there's probably ten NHL teams that would do almost anything to get more people like that. The people that got in on Day 1 - 100 are likely even more valuable/loyal. Don't want to broom too many of them to the side unless you can completely replace the whole crop in short order. Las Vegas isn't Toronto or Montreal, despite what it seems like right now.

I'm guessing UNLV had plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to pick up season tickets in the early 90s, and you see how that's turned out.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm about the biggest VGK supporter in the world. Got deposits really early and begged for them to take my money ASAP for season tickets to help the effort.

I fear what happens if they start sucking. They've done very well to develop this fanbase, but I truly hope they've got research that says they'll maintain the ticket-purchasing support they'll need when (and it will eventually happen) they're not good/great and the tickets aren't hot commodities.

Someone willing to purchase tickets to every game you put on is very valuable to a team, there's probably ten NHL teams that would do almost anything to get more people like that. The people that got in on Day 1 - 100 are likely even more valuable/loyal. Don't want to broom too many of them to the side unless you can completely replace the whole crop in short order. Las Vegas isn't Toronto or Montreal, despite what it seems like right now.

I'm guessing UNLV had plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to pick up season tickets in the early 90s, and you see how that's turned out.

Excellent post, BB. I'm curious how you're handling your seats now that you can't attend. Are you selling all your games or giving them away to friends/clients?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Excellent post, BB. I'm curious how you're handling your seats now that you can't attend. Are you selling all your games or giving them away to friends/clients?
I've got family and friends in Vegas that I've effectively infected with the love of hockey.

I haven't personally attended a game so far this season, but I've only sold two preseason games to strangers. I think I'm in the clear, but I will likely only personally attend 3-4 games this season. However, our intention is to eventually make it back to Las Vegas (or get our situation flexible enough to attend a lot more games) so I don't plan on having a year in the mid-long term future where I don't own VGK season tickets unless something really weird happens.

Hopefully they're okay with that. :laugh:

Reactions: Boris Zubov

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The FlashSeats site is such a mess. Have been getting constant error messages trying to access it the past 24 hours.

Also put in for a ETF 3 days ago that hasn't gone through yet.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The FlashSeats site is such a mess. Have been getting constant error messages trying to access it the past 24 hours.

Also put in for a ETF 3 days ago that hasn't gone through yet.

With the App, I find I have to constantly force stop and restart it. Through the VGK Tickets website, it's impossible to search tix by # of seats.

Reactions: Pia8988

ericwuxp

Oct 25, 2018
I have TWO (2) tickets side by side to tomorrow's game:
10/26/18 Game 5 Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden Knight
The seats are in Section 226. Row C. Only 3 rows from the edge
I am willing the sell the pair because I didn't realize the game is at 3pm, and I don't get off work till 5.
Selling $150 a piece (Face value). Will not accept any lower offer.
Tickets will be sent via Flash Seats
PM me or Text 765-4one2-7six33

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I am willing the sell the pair because I didn't realize the game is at 3pm, and I don't get off work till 5.
That’s my Section and Row!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Is there a link to the giveaway schedule? Searched and searched on the NHL.com site and couldn't find a damn thing.

Ideally I'd like to pick up a schedule magnet if they did a giveaway of one..

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Your tickets are 150 face value each for 226 3rd row?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hello Vegas friends. Looks like you guys are dealing with a surge of popularity that ownership may not have expected, similar to some changes that have happened in Nashville over the past few years and especially since the SCF run.

Heading to Vegas in Feb and just so happens we'll be there when the Preds are in town so definitely going to the game. I've found the AXS site but, as previously mentioned by a poster in this thread, the Flash Tickets site looks like someone made it on C64 back in the day. I'm fully expecting some ASCII art to pop up at any time. Is that site legit? I like the idea of bidding on tickets but don't like the idea of showing up at the arena and getting screwed. Just wanted to see if this AXS site is the safer play.

Thanks guys and good luck again this season. Hopefully we can meet in the epic party city WCF this season that should have actually happened last season.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hello Vegas friends. Looks like you guys are dealing with a surge of popularity that ownership may not have expected, similar to some changes that have happened in Nashville over the past few years and especially since the SCF run.

Heading to Vegas in Feb and just so happens we'll be there when the Preds are in town so definitely going to the game. I've found the AXS site but, as previously mentioned by a poster in this thread, the Flash Tickets site looks like someone made it on C64 back in the day. I'm fully expecting some ASCII art to pop up at any time. Is that site legit? I like the idea of bidding on tickets but don't like the idea of showing up at the arena and getting screwed. Just wanted to see if this AXS site is the safer play.

Thanks guys and good luck again this season. Hopefully we can meet in the epic party city WCF this season that should have actually happened last season.

AXS and its Flash Seats are the legitimate resale venue for VGK. You can rely on tickets purchased through them because they take control of the e-tickets the moment we put them up for sale.

Reactions: LCPreds

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’m going to Vegas in November and am looking to buy tickets to the Sharks game. I was looking at just doing the standing room. It says partial view, but the pictures I’ve seen show the whole ice surface. Does anyone have any experience with them?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’m going to Vegas in November and am looking to buy tickets to the Sharks game. I was looking at just doing the standing room. It says partial view, but the pictures I’ve seen show the whole ice surface. Does anyone have any experience with them?
I can't think of a place in the arena that would have a partial view. I'm guessing if they're calling it partial view, it means they're selling more tickets than there are spaces on the stand up counter areas in the SRO areas so the partial view would be caused by the person potentially standing in front of you in the area.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I can't think of a place in the arena that would have a partial view. I'm guessing if they're calling it partial view, it means they're selling more tickets than there are spaces on the stand up counter areas in the SRO areas so the partial view would be caused by the person potentially standing in front of you in the area.

I actually managed to find a digital view from all the seats, to figure out the best ones. I was worried it was like the Barclays Center, where you lose the entire end, but it’s really not that bad. It just means you lose a pretty small part of the ice behind the goal line. And the closer to the middle of the end, the less gets cut off. I’m hoping at 6’4, I’ll be able to see all the ice anyways

lasvegascopper

Jun 17, 2017
25 days since we sold a set of tickets...money showed up on Flash seat...never made it to our account. This now happened again. Is this a reoccurance with Flash as 25 days is borderline theft of funds. Thank you Golden Knights with going to a company that does nothing for it's clients. Read yelp...

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I actually managed to find a digital view from all the seats, to figure out the best ones. I was worried it was like the Barclays Center, where you lose the entire end, but it’s really not that bad. It just means you lose a pretty small part of the ice behind the goal line. And the closer to the middle of the end, the less gets cut off. I’m hoping at 6’4, I’ll be able to see all the ice anyways
I think you're safe almost anywhere as long as you're not in the nightclub (Hyde) where there's really only a few tables with full views and everything else is obscured by furnishings. It's a new enough arena that they've made sightlines pretty much amazing wherever you are unless there's a club table or giant dude standing in front of you.
25 days since we sold a set of tickets...money showed up on Flash seat...never made it to our account. This now happened again. Is this a reoccurance with Flash as 25 days is borderline theft of funds. Thank you Golden Knights with going to a company that does nothing for it's clients. Read yelp...
You should check to make sure you've got the accounts set up properly.

I sold a few preseason tickets on Flash Seats, and while it took every minute of the 7 business days to get the money wired to my account, it came. There's no reason money should sit in limbo that long. Even, seven days is a little crazy, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad