Confirmed Trade: [VGK/TBL] Nikita Gusev, '17 2nd, '18 4th to select Jason Garrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Someone explain to me what Vegas has to do to get Gusev over this year since he has one more year on his contract in the K.

Does Vegas just pay his KHL team for his rights or what?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Absolutely ****ing ridiculous we'd give up a player like Gusev just to lose Garrison. I swear I have never seen a team so advantagedbefore in expansion. This is beyond unprecedented

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Gusev is likely to resign with SKA. I know we have tried and tried to get him over here and if he doesn't want to join all of our Russians on a winning team he sure is not going to Las Vegas. It is really a 2nd and 4th for a salary dump.

Vadim Shipachyov his linemate on SKA in Russia might be able to convince him to come over

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Gusev is likely to resign with SKA. I know we have tried and tried to get him over here and if he doesn't want to join all of our Russians on a winning team he sure is not going to Las Vegas. It is really a 2nd and 4th for a salary dump.
And we have two 2nd round picks.

Don't see why people think this trade is so bad for TB. Oh well, don't care what people think. SY did great in my book.

100% agree but it helps having his line mate Shipachyov there as well and possibly Dadonov
TB has a ton of Russian players. You think he's going there if he wouldn't come to TB to play with "Little Russia"? :shakehead

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

This is the thing, doesn't look like he plans to come over. Thought vegas was gonna stock up with shipyachov, dadonov, and radulov, possible kovy, which then vegas looks enticing for Gusev by creating a KHL all star team. But remains to be seen I guess

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Someone explain to me what Vegas has to do to get Gusev over this year since he has one more year on his contract in the K.

Does Vegas just pay his KHL team for his rights or what?

Gusev would have to buy out his KHL contract, which has one more year on it, I believe. I would say that if Vegas is able to sign Dadonov, that there's a good chance Gusev crosses over at some point.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
if Gusev never comes over, it's a great deal IMO
- We protected Dotchin/Koekkoek from being selected
- We moved $4.6M off the books for one more year
- This is how much cap space we have to work with:
nE1rWFh.png

Only needing to resign Tyler Johnson, and Ondrej Palat. Sustr could be resigned for cheap as well.

Means we're getting someone like Shattenkirk to replace Garrison.

This is a great deal even if Gusev comes to NA.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Posted in the Tampa forum, but here's how I see it:

2nd to not take Dotchin

4th to not take Koekkoek

Gusev to take Garrison

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Posted in the Tampa forum, but here's how I see it:

2nd to not take Dotchin

4th to not take Koekkoek

Gusev to take Garrison
And then waiting for the end of the NHL season to trade Drouin and get Sergachev and then sign Shattenkirk, who we wanted to trade Drouin for directly at the deadline, is a great deal in my book.

That's how I see this deal. What you said, but then also Drouin for Sergachev and Shattenkirk in free agency due to the amount of cap space we've cleared in moving Garrison and Drouin.

alsrevenge

Jun 25, 2016
Absolutely ****ing ridiculous we'd give up a player like Gusev just to lose Garrison. I swear I have never seen a team so advantagedbefore in expansion. This is beyond unprecedented

the expansion fee paid by Vegas is unprecedented too...

that said, Vegas crapped the bed on a number of their choices...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Hes in US right now, going to check out Vegas facilities with comrade Sipachev within next few weeks. He likely stay one more year in the KHL. People saying he is extending his contract is likely untrue. He is renegotiating his contract with SKA to earn a higher salary in order to keep him there for one more year.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'm assuming Vegas talked to Gusev or his rep before trading for him. Gotta believe they made this trade assuming he'd come over.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Vegas did really well on this trade. Overall they did pretty poorly given what they could've got, but this one McPhee got more than I was expecting.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think McPhee had Yzerman in a tough spot. Not only did Yzerman want to keep his two young D, but this was his only opportunity to move Garrison, thanks to Garrison's NTC. McPhee made him pay for it. If Yzerman had said no, there would be no other options for getting Garrison off the books, which really could be a make or break factor for the Lightning this year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think McPhee had Yzerman in a tough spot. Not only did Yzerman want to keep his two young D, but this was his only opportunity to move Garrison, thanks to Garrison's NTC. McPhee made him pay for it. If Yzerman had said no, there would be no other options for getting Garrison off the books, which really could be a make or break factor for the Lightning this year.

Mcphee had a lot of teams in tough spots! Have you ever seen a NHL team come into the league with this big of a advantage!! Plus at the NHL trade deadline they will unload more guys for draft picks and prospects you watch. I bet at the deadline they move James Neal for a 1st round pick and a prospect easy.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm assuming Vegas talked to Gusev or his rep before trading for him. Gotta believe they made this trade assuming he'd come over.

Of course. Good chance of getting Dadonov too. No rumors on Kovalchuk and Vegas, but that would be the dream scenario.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I think this is fair from both team's perspective.

Garrison is imo good enough to just select without any compensation. He will probably want both term and money to stick around but at least a year, maybe more of a solid 2nd pairing dman is pretty solid so grabbing some picks are a nice bonus for a new team. We drafted Kucherov late and Palat really late so who knows.

From Tampa's perspective you shed a contract with a high caphit to make room to sign a free agent or two. The picks are more likely to not turn out to be anything so it's not a major loss, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad