Confirmed Trade: [VGK/TBL] Nikita Gusev, '17 2nd, '18 4th to select Jason Garrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He terminated his contract and signed a new one. When it is done he will be a UFA. Vegas won't have his rights. Tampa could sign him.

There's no indication whatsoever that Tampa Bay has any chance of signing him. They couldn't get him to come over and play for them while they held his rights. Don't get carried away :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He could still do a buyout before, which has happened.

With that being said, he clearly doesn't want ELC.

Why would he buyout a contract that takes him right to the point where he can join the NHL without needing to sign an ELC? Or do you mean in case he changes his mind about the ELC thing after the olympics, he can then buyout his contract and come over?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Why would he buyout a contract that takes him right to the point where he can join the NHL without needing to sign an ELC? Or do you mean in case he changes his mind about the ELC thing after the olympics, he can then buyout his contract and come over?

Yeah, I meant it could still happen, but it's unlikely.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I'd say getting a multi-million deal in the KHL vs an ELC in the NHL probably plays a big part as well.

I wouldn't want to pay him if he plays NHL with half energy and not to get injured to save it for his national team.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
There's no indication whatsoever that Tampa Bay has any chance of signing him. They couldn't get him to come over and play for them while they held his rights. Don't get carried away :laugh:

One of the key reasons he didn't come over was that he would've had to sign ELC. I think that two year contract is a proof of that since he'll be UFA when that ends. We'll have a good shot signing him because of Kucherov depending on what he's asking of course.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm still missing the so-called stroke of genius TBay fans are saying Yzerman pulled off.

They freed up Garrison's cap hit to sign Girardi and if, and only if KHL and NHL work out a new transfer agreement Gusev might be a UFA in 2 years and can sign with any team he wants for big $$$. His rights had to be traded because Yzerman couldn't convince him to come over and sign the past few years.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm still missing the so-called stroke of genius TBay fans are saying Yzerman pulled off.

They freed up Garrison's cap hit to sign Girardi and if, and only if KHL and NHL work out a new transfer agreement Gusev might be a UFA in 2 years and can sign with any team he wants for big $$$. His rights had to be traded because Yzerman couldn't convince him to come over and sign the past few years.

I don't think we're saying that. We're just saying the trade looks better now that we know Gusev was unlikely to come over any time soon.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

It wasn't only to get Garrison out. We protected Koekkoek and Dotchin with that deal too.

I don't know where you get that we're saying it was a genius move. Most of us hated the trade when it was announced. Now that Vegas was unsuccesful to sign Gusev, it looks better.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Vegas needs to trade Shipya. I don't want to see him rotting in Vegas for 2 years.. he could be very useful player for a few teams I like!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
If Ship produces, I'm sure he's traded at the 2nd year's TDL. I predict Glass makes the team in two years, starts slow on the wing or as a 3C, and when Ship is traded, he gets an expanded role.

32 years old is just too old to be a core piece to Vegas. He will be 35 years old at least before this team is even possibly a contender.

It made sense for him to come to a team where he will get 1C duties, 1PP duties, and get very good wingers in Perron / Neal / Marchessault.

I say 60 points a year fetches him a King's ransom in year two like I mentioned at the TDL. Works out great for Vegas, works out great for Shipachyov.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Got to look at it like this! he protected koekkoek and dotchin by doing this deal not just bringing in girardi

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
People do realize that Vegas still retains his rights after these 2 years? The only difference is that the contract won't be entry-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad