Confirmed Trade: [VGK/TBL] Nikita Gusev, '17 2nd, '18 4th to select Jason Garrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Gusev has always been one of my favorite players not in the NHL if he comes over now to play with Shipachov then wow , Vegas will definitely have some exciting players to watch but the rest of the team might be meh

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I would have rather just let Vegas take Koekkoek and play Garrison for a single year.

Yzerman now has lots of money to play with in free agency

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Very expensive but that core in Tampa is kept in tact. However, is Tampa now actively seeking a defensemen? I'm not too familiar with Dotchin and if Koekkoek has developed as well as Tampa has hoped.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
This was a bad deal, worst trade so far. 2nd + 4th + Gusev (very underrated player) just to keep Dotchin or Coucou?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Getting rid of Garrison's contract
One of Koekkoek/Dotchin

for

Gusev
2nd
4th

This will either look really bad for Tampa Bay or just average. A lot of us are very high on Gusev, but realize that he may never come over. He may never pan out either.

On the flip side, he could have a Panarin-like impact. This could also **** off Kucherov and impact the next contract negotiations. It's a tough trade to swallow. The biggest worry is what Yzerman does with the cap space, considering that he already tried to go after Shattenkirk at the TDL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We had an extra 2nd this year from dumping Boyle, a 4th next year from dumping Filpulla and so we really traded a former 7th round pick who may never come over to dump Garrison. We freed up 10.1 off the cap and didn't lose anything of significance, it's a good trade.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Didn't want to lose Gusev but we don't even know if he was coming over and don't even know if he would translate to NHL style. I'm not losing much sleep over it like other TB fans are. I'm just looking forward to seeing what SYs plan is. You know he has one.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Brilliant trade for Vegas though. They have plenty of D already and the return is all-upside.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Very expensive but that core in Tampa is kept in tact. However, is Tampa now actively seeking a defensemen? I'm not too familiar with Dotchin and if Koekkoek has developed as well as Tampa has hoped.

Probably looking for a top 4. Have the cap space for it now too.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I've been hard of McPhee for a lot of these moves. I think they did very well here. Possibly in Winnipeg too if they're jumping from 24 to 13

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
More than enough cap to get Shattenkirk now.

10M cap shed from trading Drouin (who would have wanted at least 5M per year) and Garrison.

Absolutely love this deal.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
More than enough cap to get Shattenkirk now.

10M cap shed from trading Drouin (who would have wanted at least 5M per year) and Garrison.

Absolutely love this deal.

You evaluate trades at face value, at face value this is a bad trade. 30 other teams can sign Shattenkirk as well.

In any case Shattenkirk is pretty overrated, he was god awful in the playoffs and he plays 3rd pairing minutes at ES. Weak defensive player.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Gusev is likely to resign with SKA. I know we have tried and tried to get him over here and if he doesn't want to join all of our Russians on a winning team he sure is not going to Las Vegas. It is really a 2nd and 4th for a salary dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad