Confirmed with Link: Vesey to EDM for 7th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Hadn't played for the organization to this point, and though even the minimal return is still a long shot to pan out, it's not outright impossible.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It's actually over 2 months worth. NCAA UFA's do not re-enter the draft and expire on August 15th.
Oh, my bad. I thought that they had his rights till June 30th and he could sign with any team after the 15th. Still It can't be bad considering we would lose him regardless.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Sure is! Waste a 6th round pick on a player that you then trade for a 7th round pick! Great asset management indeed!
It definitely is when the player you wasted the 6th round pick on was about to walk for nothing. Going to be hard to spin this as anything but a minor positive move.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Hopefully bergy is still alive and working for us in 2020, pull us 2 more AJ’s and a 1D while you’re at it! Dude is money with 7th rounders, imagine if we ever gave him a second...

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
With all the the horrid draft picks lately by the Leafs, mid to late rounders that the Leafs don't want, maybe the Dubas can accumulate a whack of 7th rounders.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
yeah huge blunder by Dubas to waste a 6th round pick on this guy back in 2014. What was he thinking?
Dubas or no Dubas, the organization downgraded a 6th round pick to a 7th!

Couldn't they have somehow got a 6th rounder out of Edmonton? Trade Vesey for a 7th, that upgrades to a 6th, if he signs with them?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dubas or no Dubas, the organization downgraded a 6th round pick to a 7th!

Couldn't they have somehow got a 6th rounder out of Edmonton? Trade Vesey for a 7th, that upgrades to a 6th, if he signs with them?
Vesey isn't worth a 6th round pick. He might not even be good enough to play in the AHL. It's not Dubas' fault that the previous regime picked a bust late in the draft. But it is good that he recouped some value over it

Reactions: Lauro

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure I'm more surprised that we were able to get something for Vesey or the fact that anyone wanted to give him an NHL contract.

Thanks I guess? Free pick.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Any chance of acquiring his brother in free agency is officially dead.:sarcasm:

Actually, it was pretty classy of Dubas to wait for the Caps to win the Cup to announce this deal as to not take attention away from it and minimize that achievement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad