Speculation: Vegas to take McNabb

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
McPhee already said he's not going to be keeping all his d-men so I wonder if he flips one over to Anaheim for getting Theodore and selecting Stoner. The Theodore acquisition has to be a trade right? Something has to be going back to Anaheim. McNabb's value isn't all that high. I wonder if the Ducks get McNabb to replace Stoner.

Isn't it more of because they aren't taking Vatanen/Manson?

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I don't like the LaDue-Gravel pairing. LaDue is a rookie. Gravel is barely considered a 2nd year guy. Too much inexperience.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Does anyone know if they're going to announce the Vegas roster first thing at 5pm? Or are we going to have to suffer through the pathetic NHL awards show before being told of LGK's picks?

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I think it goes 8-8-8-6. Awards then 8 picks, more awards then 8 more picks...

Forces people to watch the entire show to see all the picks in real time.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm pretty sure the match penalty for intent to injure and subsequent suspension was for "charging". I was there, it was ugly, it was over the line, and any attempt to defend it is only done by people who weren't there.

And it's still irrelevant. He doesn't care about the safety of other players, and is therefore not a positive asset for the Kings.

As for the other poster's shot about Bickel, I don't like his temper tantrums and berserker episodes either. When he controls himself, that's one thing, but I've never been a giant fan of him on the ice, even as a Gull. Putting a MacDermid and a Bickel on the ice together just makes the game a worse circus - one is not a counterbalance to the other.

But none of the bloodthirsty "MOAR FIGHTING!!" fans will agree with me. So be it.

Fair enough.

Charging has become, in some instances, a penalty called now just because the hit was too hard. I wasn't there, but I don't see MacDermid leave his feet or take too many strides to lead to a charging call. Simply looks like a case of a smaller player getting blasted by a much larger player. Not a penalty five years ago, now the book gets thrown at you.

But, again, I wasn't there for what that's worth. Your "MOAR FIGHTING" comment and Gull fandom; however, damage your case for it mattering if I was there or not: especially the former. Even if legal, you don't want to see a player "take advantage" of another player in a bad spot whereas I believe keeping your head up when crossing the opponents blue line is part of the game and you pay the price if you don't. Know who you are on the ice with out there.

As an aside, I spell it "more fighting" as well as "more hitting". Enjoying physical hockey--including fighting--does not make one a mouth-breather that doesn't know how to spell. I'm not going to deride your beliefs on how hockey should be played by painting you as some sort of wimp so save the elitism.

With that being said, I better check the spelling closely in this post ;)
I'll also say I like you as a poster. We just won't see eye-to-eye on this aspect of hockey.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'll sit it out as well. Too painful to watch the NHL annually embarrass itself.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'm curious to see the 3-4 players that are in Vegas that know they're being picked. I imagine Fleury is one of them.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Yes, but I'm curious about trades. My understanding is that they're going to announce those as well?

Yes, Bob Mckenzie said trades relevant to the expansion acquisition will be announced tonight. The rest, flipping etc. will be post trade freeze tomorrow morning.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Yes, but I'm curious about trades. My understanding is that they're going to announce those as well?

Haven't most of those been released too? The trades tonight are just the trades to select/not select certain players. Players they've selected and traded to other teams will be tomorrow.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 34s34 seconds ago
More
From LAK, VGK take D man Brayden McNabb. McNabb in attendance here

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
FEels kinda weird to be turning people over quicker now. Obviously makes sense given our situation, but feels like McNabb just came here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad