Speculation: Vegas to take McNabb

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
So this is likely where we stand now:

FORWARDS
Right wing: T. Toffoli ($4,600,000) - D. Brown ($5,875,000) - T. Lewis ($2,000,000) - J. Brodzinski ($874,125)
Centre: A. Kopitar ($10,000,000) - J. Carter ($5,272,727) - N. Dowd ($640,000) - N. Shore ($900,000) - J. Nolan ($950,000)
Left wing: T. Pearson ($3,750,000) - M. Gaborik ($4,875,000) - A. Kempe ($894,167) - K. Clifford ($1,600,000) - A. Andreoff ($660,000)

DEFENSE
Right: D. Doughty ($7,000,000) - A. Martinez ($4,000,000) - P. LaDue ($874,125)
Left: J. Muzzin ($4,000,000) - D. Forbort ($650,000) - K. Gravel ($650,000) - O. Fantenberg ($925,000)

GOALTENDER
J. Quick ($5,800,000) - J. Campbell ($612,500)

BUYOUTS
M. Greene ($833,333)

LOST TO EXPANSION DRAFT
B. McNabb ($1,700,000)

RECAPTURE PENALTY & TERMINATION FEES
M. Richards ($1,570,000)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
NHL Salary Cap: $75,000,000
Cap Hit: $69,805,977
Cap Space: $5,194,023

Has Shore resigned??? I would just stash KC in Ontario, sign MacDermid to be the Muscle and if he proves useful call up Imama to help destroy Tkachuk... but yes thats pretty much our roster moving forward..

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Has Shore resigned??? I would just stash KC in Ontario, sign MacDermid to be the Muscle and if he proves useful call up Imama to help destroy Tkachuk... but yes thats pretty much our roster moving forward..

No, this is just assuming that the all of the RFAs from last year re-sign for minimum raises, which is a likely outcome.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Doughty-Forbort
Muzzin-Martinez
LaDue-Gravel
MacDermid

That's how I see it. MacDermid has been a plus +35 in two seasons in the AHL and he is 6'-5". How do the Kings not give him a shot.

Side note that Auger and Mersch are also waiver eligible. Kings have to shed themselves of one of our current bottom 6 unless they want to risk losing MacD, Mersch or Auger.

Pearson-Kopitar-Brown
Mersch-Carter-Toffoli
Kempe-Shore-Brodzinski
Clifford/Andreoff-Dowd-Lewis
extras: Auger, Nolan

You can only carry 3 spares, so one of the bottom 6 is gone and that doesn't even consider when Gaborik comes back. So Kings have to trade or try and slide 2 players thru waivers.

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I hope he gets a shot - right in the jaw. Karma, yo.

He did get jumped and injured at the end of last season, leading to your Gulls growing 4 inches and 30 pounds per player for the final games against the Reign prior to the playoffs.

The footage of the hit that has you upset is only one angle, but it looks like a hit that was penalized for being too hard. I see a guy skating with his head down that get hit by a much larger man.

Did he never touch the puck again after jumping around the Reign player prior to the hit?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Gravel has barely played half an NHL season. McNabb has over 200 games experience.

I really don't see how anyone can defend McNabb, he was awful. He couldn't do anything when paired outside of Doughty and then you have to worry about Doughty constantly covering for him. Totally forgettable player.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
He did get jumped and injured at the end of last season, leading to your Gulls growing 4 inches and 30 pounds per player for the final games against the Reign prior to the playoffs.

The footage of the hit that has you upset is only one angle, but it looks like a hit that was penalized for being too hard. I see a guy skating with his head down that get hit by a much larger man.

Did he never touch the puck again after jumping around the Reign player prior to the hit?

The "hit that has me upset" is just the most obvious single incident. Outside of that occasion, MacDermid has repeatedly and consistently been over the line in his play, indicating to me that he has a total disregard for the health of the other players on the ice. I don't want that element on the Kings, or any other team I root for. He's a dirty player, plain and simple, and I would say that had he been a Gull.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The "hit that has me upset" is just the most obvious single incident. Outside of that occasion, MacDermid has repeatedly and consistently been over the line in his play, indicating to me that he has a total disregard for the health of the other players on the ice. I don't want that element on the Kings, or any other team I root for. He's a dirty player, plain and simple, and I would say that had he been a Gull.

Are there any other angles of the suspension hit? I assume you may have been there and saw it from a different angle. Looks like a hit that wouldn't be penalized in the old NHL unless the Gull never touched the puck and it was interference.

I want a guy that may cross the line on my team. Kings have been way too easy to play against lately.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Are there any other angles of the suspension hit? I assume you may have been there and saw it from a different angle. Looks like a hit that wouldn't be penalized in the old NHL unless the Gull never touched the puck and it was interference.

I want a guy that may cross the line on my team. Kings have been way too easy to play against lately.

Not sure what the pansy was talking about but that hit was not only legal (keeping mind the height diff.) Domi embellished it, while the hit on Bailey was a crushing hit, it was in my eyes legal since he didn't lead with the elbow or jump/launch into him.. it was a Dustin Brown type hit...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Don't your precious Gulls employ Stu Bickel? What a joker.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I'm all for McDermid getting his cup of coffee now. He has improved an awful lot in the last couple years. Yet, the speed might be overwhelming to him. But if he can handle it somewhat, his physical play will be welcomed in addition to sticking up for teammates. The guy can fight, and isn't afraid of anyone.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Not sure what the pansy was talking about but that hit was not only legal (keeping mind the height diff.) Domi embellished it, while the hit on Bailey was a crushing hit, it was in my eyes legal since he didn't lead with the elbow or jump/launch into him.. it was a Dustin Brown type hit...

The hit against San Diego actually looked like a hit that the guy this thread is about would throw. Can't tell if it was interference though from the angle.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
That Muzzin/Martinez you guys keep penciling in is a non-starter. I will personally run Blake out of town on a rail if he even contemplates resurrecting that abomination.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Fantenberg will be on the Kings roster. Sorry to see McNabb not work out but I'm happy to keep Lewis...not as happy as his boy Doughty.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
McPhee already said he's not going to be keeping all his d-men so I wonder if he flips one over to Anaheim for getting Theodore and selecting Stoner. The Theodore acquisition has to be a trade right? Something has to be going back to Anaheim. McNabb's value isn't all that high. I wonder if the Ducks get McNabb to replace Stoner.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org

I'm pretty sure the match penalty for intent to injure and subsequent suspension was for "charging". I was there, it was ugly, it was over the line, and any attempt to defend it is only done by people who weren't there.

And it's still irrelevant. He doesn't care about the safety of other players, and is therefore not a positive asset for the Kings.

As for the other poster's shot about Bickel, I don't like his temper tantrums and berserker episodes either. When he controls himself, that's one thing, but I've never been a giant fan of him on the ice, even as a Gull. Putting a MacDermid and a Bickel on the ice together just makes the game a worse circus - one is not a counterbalance to the other.

But none of the bloodthirsty "MOAR FIGHTING!!" fans will agree with me. So be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00