Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
PIRRI was benched tonight. Imagine that. Should’ve stayed with the Wolves. In my words, he’s been useless in the last 6 games. Oh well when you have a GM who doesn’t think with his head.
You realize that you and perhaps a few thousand people in this entire world are the only ones that think Pirri should have stayed in Chicago so that the Wolves could win a few more games, right?

That group doesn't include Pirri, his agent, or anyone else involved in Vegas hockey ops or Chicago Wolves hockey ops. I'm sure the Wolves would love to have him, but the decision to keep him up wasn't even a hard one at the time.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
PIRRI was benched tonight. Imagine that. Should’ve stayed with the Wolves. In my words, he’s been useless in the last 6 games. Oh well when you have a GM who doesn’t think with his head.
Arn’t you happy that Carrier is skating so it’s possible you might not have to endure another call up soon.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Phantoms were able to add Schlemko and Froese to their club via the Flyers today. I wouldn't mind adding some veteran help to the Wolves so they could go deep in the playoffs this season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Scratch that. Tynan hath returned to the developmental league designated farm club! American Hockey League affiliate wins 3-2 in OT!

Tynan, Carr, Macek with the goals.
Coghlan, Hague, Kolesar, Quinney & McKenzie with assists.
Dansk Dansk Revolution stopped 20 of 22 shots.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nic Hague scored his 10th and the Wolves lead the Griffins 3-0 after 2 periods.

Keegan Kolesar has 4 points his last 3 games.
Quinney also scored. He has 3g 6 points his last 4 games.

Edit: Carr adds an empty netter 4-1 glorious victory. Lagace 1st star.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The Phantoms were able to add Schlemko and Froese to their club via the Flyers today. I wouldn't mind adding some veteran help to the Wolves so they could go deep in the playoffs this season.

The deeper they go, the later Bransstrom gets to come round City National.....

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
When are you going to call up Macek?

Or can we just trade for him?

(coming from an arizona fan that is coming in peace)

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
When are you going to call up Macek?

Or can we just trade for him?

(coming from an arizona fan that is coming in peace)

I guess I've never really considered it, what would you give up?

First year on this side of the pond, but he's dropping a point per game in the A and is open after this year.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I guess I've never really considered it, what would you give up?

First year on this side of the pond, but he's dropping a point per game in the A and is open after this year.
If he keeps up the production in the NHl, we could give you Weal and a 4th rounder.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If he keeps up the production in the NHl, we could give you Weal and a 4th rounder.
If I'm speaking as GMGM and not as some dude that doesn't pay as much attention to minor league prospects as I should, I think I'd take my shot at re-signing him. I'm loaded with 3rd rounders as it is, and I'd like to keep a PPG AHL forward for a while with a shot of re-signing than I'd like a 4th round pick.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If I'm speaking as GMGM and not as some dude that doesn't pay as much attention to minor league prospects as I should, I think I'd take my shot at re-signing him. I'm loaded with 3rd rounders as it is, and I'd like to keep a PPG AHL forward for a while with a shot of re-signing than I'd like a 4th round pick.
Next year he is going to be a UFA. Maybe we can just sign him then if he does not resign with you guys.
I think he has great potential in the NHL.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Tonight's Wolves-Moose game is being streamed on Facebook.

Wolves up 1-0. (interesting note: Niku was recalled by the Jets last minute. Possible trade going down?)
Kolesar with 2/3rds of a Gordie Howe hat trick so far (1 assist and an awkward fight with Logan Stanley)

edit: god Reinhart sucks. 3-1 Moose.
Kolesar knocks the puck in the net but for some reason the ref won't call it a goal. They've been furious with this guy all night. Any relation to Peel?

Wolves spent the last 5 minutes of the period in the Moose's end with the goalie out and Carr gets them within 1.

Final score 3-2 Moose my god Reinhart is so bad even in the AHL so bad

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If Ben Jones gets a point his next game he'll tie his point totals from last season in 14 less games. Sitting at a 1.47ppg, in comparison Nick Suzuki's at a 1.39ppg. Will be nice to see him on the Wolves next season.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Watching Wolves play Iowa now on NHLTV. Good to see Legace playing solid in net. Knights might need him given the injury bug.

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
Is it safe to assume that Paul Cotter doesn’t return to London and makes the jump to the AHL next year?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is it safe to assume that Paul Cotter doesn’t return to London and makes the jump to the AHL next year?
Leschyshyn and Jones will definitely turn pro. Elvenes might cross the pond next season. Glass might start in the AHL. That's a lot of rookie forwards.

I think it depends on how camp goes, but he could definitely go back to junior for another year. Cotter's never played a full season in the CHL.

Nikita Gusev broke the KHL record for assists with his 61st the other day (in 59 games).
The previous record holder was Alex Radulov, who had 60 assists in 54 games.

Last edited:

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
From The Athletic - If the Knights make a move at the deadline - prospects that could be in demand by other teams

Vegas Golden Knights

Vegas has a quality farm system but is limited in how many options it has due to the fact it has only taken part in two drafts. Given the age of their roster – their youngest regular, Alex Tuch, is 22 – it would likely need to be a tall ask to get them to trade center Cody Glass or defenseman Erik Brannstrom. Both are highly coveted prospects by NHL scouts, particularly Glass.

The three players who come to mind would be defenseman Nicolas Hague, winger Lucas Elvenes and winger Jack Dugan.
Hague is possible but would be a tall ask for the team given their current defense group. He’s been great in the AHL, had a great NHL camp and seems close to NHL ready. I like Elvenes, but based on a poll of scouts, there are a minority who like the kid a lot despite his elite vision because of concerns over his speed and physical play.

Dugan seems to be the most logical candidate for a trade piece. He’s not NHL ready, but he’s been great as a freshman in Providence, is on an upward trajectory and most scouts are excited about his potential. He’s a high-end playmaker with a pro frame and a bit of an edge to him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm surprised Ben Jones doesn't get in these conversations as he's had a remarkable rise for a 7th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad