Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's doubtful, but McPhee leaving a roster spot open for him is equally doubtful. :laugh:

I can't see him staying in the AHL by November though. Leschyshyn and Jones need to develop on the farm club next year as well.

I can't imagine McPhee not making him stew in the AHL for a year. It seems to be his MO.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Kind of like how Wolves fans saw our playoff hopes flash before our eyes with Vegas’s poach of Pirri, the senseless trade of Hunt, and still nothing with Zykov.
I don’t know why they don’t waive Merrill for you Chitown. He would clear waivers for sure and you could pair him with Griffin.

Reactions: derriko

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don’t know why they don’t waive Merrill for you Chitown. He would clear waivers for sure and you could pair him with Griffin.

NHL teams love adding defensive depth. Merrill would probably get claimed.

If they wanted to move him, probably get something like a 5th, not a lot. But he would get claimed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The development league farm club won 5-2 tonight. Carr continued his dominance over the league with 1g1a. Quinney continues to fill in nicely for Pirri, as he also had 1g1a. Macek 2 assists. Hyka scored. Whitecloud with 1g1a.
Kolesar was 1st star with a goal and an assist. He's got 3 points in his last 4 games.

A very gutsy effort with Tynan still out, and no McGinn or Bischoff.

In the CHL it was a good night for VGK London Knights. Kooy named 2nd star and Cotter was the 3rd star.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

How crazy would it be to add Gusev, Tkachyov and Yelesin in the offseason?

Alex Yelesin is a hard hitting 22yo RD with a booming shot. Very likely to come over to the NHL next season.

Although Tkachyov is not having a very good season with AK Bars

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

How crazy would it be to add Gusev, Tkachyov and Yelesin in the offseason?

Alex Yelesin is a hard hitting 22yo RD with a booming shot. Very likely to come over to the NHL next season.

Although Tkachyov is not having a very good season with AK Bars

I think I read somewhere Zykov is a friend of Gusev? If theres any truth to that McPhee is definitely going to try and get Gusev across the pond. Ironically, looks like it would be Zykov's spot he would have to take.

His KHL contract expires this year, though Vegas is one of the deepest teams in the league forward wise. Doesnt he have to sign a 1 year ELC contract still? I could see a 1 year deal with a clause he gets to leave back to the KHL if he doesnt get x amount of ice time. Theres no way he plays a game in the AHL.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How has Hague been this season? He's producing at a decent clip for his first AHL season. He was at a 0.52 ppg clip and now that has fallen quite a bit.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think I read somewhere Zykov is a friend of Gusev? If theres any truth to that McPhee is definitely going to try and get Gusev across the pond. Ironically, looks like it would be Zykov's spot he would have to take.

His KHL contract expires this year, though Vegas is one of the deepest teams in the league forward wise. Doesnt he have to sign a 1 year ELC contract still? I could see a 1 year deal with a clause he gets to leave back to the KHL if he doesnt get x amount of ice time. Theres no way he plays a game in the AHL.
They played on the same MHL team and are apparently buddies from that, which could be a reason as to why we claimed Zykov(IIRC GMGM had wanted to trade for him earlier on).

Gusev hasn't signed an ELC because that would be bad for Vegas to do. As long as Gusev isn't signed to us we hold his rights indefinitely.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How has Hague been this season? He's producing at a decent clip for his first AHL season. He was at a 0.52 ppg clip and now that has fallen quite a bit.

I think he's playing hurt. He started coming on strong in late November and (I posted it here but can't remember offhand) he had a long stretch of games where he didn't take a single penalty. Though his partner, Whitecloud, has probably helped him out quite a bit.

I honestly expect him to make the team next season over Brannstrom if he continues to improve his skating.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Assuming Gusev leaves for the NHL:

Signing Gusev to a 1 year deal would be a bit of a mistake. No harm in signing him 2-3 years, and if he's worth re-signing as a UFA then give him a raise. I don't see why he would leave for another team if things were going well.

That's assuming 3 years on a European ELC is even allowed. I think 2 is.

Assuming Gusev does not make a full commitment to leave for the NHL:

Don't sign him. If he is signed, and plays in the KHL it will just burn off his ELC, which will make him a free agent.

Make no mistake though, Gusev is not Shipachyov and VGK is not sussing through 25+ players on an NHL contract in an evaluation process like they were in their 1st year. He should be accommodated like any other big free agent signing. Even if that means starting Glass in the AHL, then it has to be done. Gusev would arguably be the most talented player on the team.

I think he's playing hurt. He started coming on strong in late November and (I posted it here but can't remember offhand) he had a long stretch of games where he didn't take a single penalty. Though his partner, Whitecloud, has probably helped him out quite a bit.

I honestly expect him to make the team next season over Brannstrom if he continues to improve his skating.

In my most humble opinion, Glass will be in the AHL next season no matter what happens to the team roster. Not sure he's ready for the big boys.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
PIRRI was benched tonight. Imagine that. Should’ve stayed with the Wolves. In my words, he’s been useless in the last 6 games. Oh well when you have a GM who doesn’t think with his head.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
PIRRI was benched tonight. Imagine that. Should’ve stayed with the Wolves. In my words, he’s been useless in the last 6 games. Oh well when you have a GM who doesn’t think with his head.
I know, never in the history of the NHL has a player ever gone through a cold streak. Let’s not also mention pretty much the entire rest of the team who couldn’t score either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad