Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
“The Knights and Wolves work in tandem for mutual success” are you smoking? You are missing my simple point! Have PIRRI, I don’t care anymore because I get the works. But figure out a way to help us. Help me here. Is Haula returning in March? So the following will probably be consistent healthy scratches for the remainder: Hunt or Merrill, Zykov, Nosek, Carrier, or Lindberg. How about trading two of them to needy NHL teams, like you claim is the priority, for two AHL forwards who can put up a point per game, unlike our bottom 6 scrubs. I did the math. 7 skaters, 35 total points, 148 games, and a -25. Yea we won’t last very long in a tough division. Oh and by the way, the Dallas Stars and Red Wings take care of their affiliates. That’s why both the Texas Stars and Grand Rapids Griffins have both reached the Cup Finals at least 3 times in the past 8 years. Thankfully, the Stars lost twice, but again, I don’t need to hear from a second-year Knights fan that the AHL affiliate doesn’t matter. We’ve been treated like crap since Atlanta.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
“The Knights and Wolves work in tandem for mutual success” are you smoking? You are missing my simple point! Have PIRRI, I don’t care anymore because I get the works. But figure out a way to help us. Help me here. Is Haula returning in March? So the following will probably be consistent healthy scratches for the remainder: Hunt or Merrill, Zykov, Nosek, Carrier, or Lindberg. How about trading two of them to needy NHL teams, like you claim is the priority, for two AHL forwards who can put up a point per game, unlike our bottom 6 scrubs. I did the math. 7 skaters, 35 total points, 148 games, and a -25. Yea we won’t last very long in a tough division. Oh and by the way, the Dallas Stars and Red Wings take care of their affiliates. That’s why both the Texas Stars and Grand Rapids Griffins have both reached the Cup Finals at least 3 times in the past 8 years. Thankfully, the Stars lost twice, but again, I don’t need to hear from a second-year Knights fan that the AHL affiliate doesn’t matter. We’ve been treated like crap since Atlanta.
You need to lay off the upside down juice, man.

Reactions: Pia8988

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
-Brannstrom should be in the NHL, Hague probably could be too. Consider that your help if it makes the sun shine a little more.
-You don't trade NHL players for AHL players, you trade NHL players for other NHL players or NHL prospects. However, you did get Holm in a little NHL for AHL trade last season. I guess you can add that to the Brannstrom/Hague thing.
-Nobody knows when Haula is coming back. I've heard it's 50/50 on whether he plays again this season.
-Chicago is an independently owned team, why doesn't ownership sign some AHL guys? (I know the answer, it has to do with why Chicago has been "treated like crap since Atlanta.")
-The Red Wings will have some good years soon since they haven't been making playoff push moves and have most/all of their prospects, years in which they may need to start pulling from the Griffins. Dunno Texas' situation, I assume it's the same since they keep collecting UFAs lately.
-Didn't the Wolves finish 1st last year in our first year of affiliation? I'd say we could give some credit to St. Louis, it seems like they're in 1st again without them.
-If they're one of VGK's 50 contracts, the VGK can do whatever they want with them.
-You should likely step back from the "second-year" fan stuff you've dropped a few times. It's not going to get you far, and it's not accurate for very many people here.

Reactions: derriko and Pia8988

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
-Brannstrom should be in the NHL, Hague probably could be too. Consider that your help if it makes the sun shine a little more.
-You don't trade NHL players for AHL players, you trade NHL players for other NHL players or NHL prospects. However, you did get Holm in a little NHL for AHL trade last season. I guess you can add that to the Brannstrom/Hague thing.
-Nobody knows when Haula is coming back. I've heard it's 50/50 on whether he plays again this season.
-Chicago is an independently owned team, why doesn't ownership sign some AHL guys? (I know the answer, it has to do with why Chicago has been "treated like crap since Atlanta.")
-The Red Wings will have some good years soon since they haven't been making playoff push moves and have most/all of their prospects, years in which they may need to start pulling from the Griffins. Dunno Texas' situation, I assume it's the same since they keep collecting UFAs lately.
-Didn't the Wolves finish 1st last year in our first year of affiliation? I'd say we could give some credit to St. Louis, it seems like they're in 1st again without them.
-If they're one of VGK's 50 contracts, the VGK can do whatever they want with them.
-You should likely step back from the "second-year" fan stuff you've dropped a few times. It's not going to get you far, and it's not accurate for very many people here.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Dallas and Detroit usually carry 13 skaters on their roster, which is why their affiliates had more success. Not the case with Vegas. And I am raising the alarm to the Wolves organization about signing some players for competition.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Dallas and Detroit usually carry 13 skaters on their roster, which is why their affiliates had more success. Not the case with Vegas. And I am raising the alarm to the Wolves organization about signing some players for competition.

Thank goodness you are teaching the Wolves how to run their team. It's clear you are an expert on how AHL rosters work.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
hey speaking of young kids that our AHL affiliate will have to play and develop (whether they like it or not),

Xavier Bouchard scored his 2nd and 3rd goals of the year. Isn't that fantastic? :devdance:
(unfortunately Bouchard is 2 years away from joining the Wolves)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Dallas and Detroit aren't really the prime examples for success the last few years to put it mildly. How's that mutual success when only their AHL team is thriving?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
2 rookie defensemen have goals for the AHL developmental league affiliate tonight.

Coghlan scored his 8th
Brannstrom scored his 5th
Both on the power play.

Carr has 2 assists so far.
Hague is back in the lineup. 2-2 so far in the 3rd

edit: AHL developmental league affiliate farm club loses 3-2 in OT to Rockford.
They could really use another Griffin 'Lionheart' Reinhart.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
2 rookie defensemen have goals for the AHL developmental league affiliate tonight.

Coghlan scored his 8th
Brannstrom scored his 5th
Both on the power play.

Carr has 2 assists so far.
Hague is back in the lineup. 2-2 so far in the 3rd

edit: AHL developmental league affiliate farm club loses 3-2 in OT to Rockford.
They could really use another Griffin 'Lionheart' Reinhart.
Do you think we should send Tuch down to help them win a few games?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
it seems pretty easy to determine that glass and brannstrom are the top 2 prospects, and hague looks
like a clear #3. gets murky after that as an outsider. how would y'all rank your top 10 now that we
are halfway thru the season? biggest surprise? riser? disappointment?

Reactions: derriko

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
it seems pretty easy to determine that glass and brannstrom are the top 2 prospects, and hague looks
like a clear #3. gets murky after that as an outsider. how would y'all rank your top 10 now that we
are halfway thru the season? biggest surprise? riser? disappointment?
Biggest surprise & riser is by far 7th rounder Ben Jones, who's #8 in scoring in the OHL this season, higher than Suzuki both in total numbers, & ppg.

Rondbjerg is a disappointment, I guess, barely did anything at the WJC(albeit he played for a trash Danish team where he was basically their offense), and his SHL production has been absent.

Our top 7 prospects imo, after that it gets hard to gauge:

Brännström
Glass
Hague
Ben Jones
Jake Leschyshyn/Lucas Elvenes
Zach Whitecloud

Reactions: MordredGK

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Thank goodness you are teaching the Wolves how to run their team. It's clear you are an expert on how AHL rosters work.
Maybe if you watched and understood how our organization has been in the many years, you would understand. But you won’t so...

Just got blanked to Milwaukee 4-0. A team that has faltered since Grimaldi was called up after the first month. I know how it feels. But no we’re ok. Dropping from 1st to 3rd in one weekend!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
the era that Chicago aka Rosemont survives independently is long gone..... you either adapt or there's no franchise...... Rochester found that out in their golden anniversary season.... what was their result.... Buffalo owns/operates the franchise....

Hershey's finding that out as well.... just because Washington's philosophy is what it is, the days of innovated operators like Yingst, are part of the history of the franchise, in fact, if the Capitals left, who would fit in Hershey that hasn't been tried before, that's just the way it has evolved over the years

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
AHL development league farm affiliate won 5-1!

Carr, Coghlan & Macek with 1g1a each. Carr continues to lead the AHL in scoring and Macek is in the top 5 as well. :clap:
As fate would have it...Kolesar and Matteau with the other goals! :biglaugh:

Whitecloud, Hyka, Bischoff and Wong picked up assists.
Zach Fucale stopped 28 of 29 shots.

Coghlan named 1st star. He's now tied with Hague at 9 goals. :scared:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe if you watched and understood how our organization has been in the many years, you would understand. But you won’t so...

Just got blanked to Milwaukee 4-0. A team that has faltered since Grimaldi was called up after the first month. I know how it feels. But no we’re ok. Dropping from 1st to 3rd in one weekend!

Well drop some knowledge on us. Would you have preferred to remain with St. Louis? Why did St. Louis basically give you to us so they could affiliate with San Antonio?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
AHL development league farm affiliate won 5-1!

Carr, Coghlan & Macek with 1g1a each. Carr continues to lead the AHL in scoring and Macek is in the top 5 as well. :clap:
As fate would have it...Kolesar and Matteau with the other goals! :biglaugh:

Whitecloud, Hyka, Bischoff and Wong picked up assists.
Zach Fucale stopped 28 of 29 shots.

Coghlan named 1st star. He's now tied with Hague at 9 goals. :scared:

OMG we need to bring Carr and Macek up. Don't want our AHL affiliate getting too optimistic.....

Chicago can keep Matteau as long as they want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad