Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
From the Stone signing thread:

This guy gets it
That's kind of my point. The odds are against us needing an AHL guy to step up barring an injury apocalypse for a year or two, which is our weak spot in comparison to the Devils, but the current roster should give us time to get things loaded up a little better.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's kind of my point. The odds are against us needing an AHL guy to step up barring an injury apocalypse for a year or two, which is our weak spot in comparison to the Devils, but the current roster should give us time to get things loaded up a little better.

I'm not disagreeing with you

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Question for you guys that might be tough now. Let's pretend yesterday didn't happen and I came to you with this package. Would you have done it? Simply curious of your guys thoughts if you can pretend yesterday didnt happen obviously lol.

Brannstrom for Bruins 1st 19 / Urho Vaakanainen (taken 3 spots after Brannstrom in same draft and has done very well developing) / Trent Frederick

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Question for you guys that might be tough now. Let's pretend yesterday didn't happen and I came to you with this package. Would you have done it? Simply curious of your guys thoughts if you can pretend yesterday didnt happen obviously lol.

Brannstrom for Bruins 1st 19 / Urho Vaakanainen (taken 3 spots after Brannstrom in same draft and has done very well developing) / Trent Frederick
So we trade kind of equal D prospects, and you'll throw in a 2019 1st and a 21 year old center?

I don't know enough about Bruins propsects to compare, but at first glance it seems like a bad deal for the Bruins. Why would you make that deal? Is Vaakanainen really developing well?

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
So we trade kind of equal D prospects, and you'll throw in a 2019 1st and a 21 year old center?

I don't know enough about Bruins propsects to compare, but at first glance it seems like a bad deal for the Bruins. Why would you make that deal? Is Vaakanainen really developing well?

The thought process behind this is, the Bruins were rumoured to be in on Stone. When I see this return, if we offered you the package I just laid out, then hypothetically we could have got Stone from them type thing. Basically, it will confirm that Ottawa just didn't want to trade him inter division and will allow my hurt feelings to fade away knowing he was probably just never available to us for the same price he was available to you for.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The thought process behind this is, the Bruins were rumoured to be in on Stone. When I see this return, if we offered you the package I just laid out, then hypothetically we could have got Stone from them type thing. Basically, it will confirm that Ottawa just didn't want to trade him inter division and will allow my hurt feelings to fade away knowing he was probably just never available to us for the same price he was available to you for.
You probably don't have to jump through the hoops to get there.

Assuming the Bruins were willing to part with that package, it's logical to think the Bs could get Stone based on what Ottawa actually got unless:

Vaakanainen isn't close to Brannstrom development/ceiling-wise. I suppose that could be made up for with the 2019 late 1st vs the 2020 2nd.
Ottawa wanted a roster player now, so you could add a Lindberg-type roster and take out Frederic.
Ottawa doesn't want to trade in-division/conference.
Stone wasn't willing to sign in Boston, making it a huge overpayment for a rental.

I think a lot of those things are possible, perhaps even a mix of them.

Reactions: Dabruins

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
So I know lots of you are probably annoyed with my selfish posts about taking prospects from the Wolves. But now that Brannstrom and Pirri are gone, one big hole in each side of the ice, let’s see our options through here. May I note it was a positive that we got Tobias Lindberg back. He won’t turn heads, however, he is a vast improvement over our 3 Ws (Wagner, Weis, Wong) and 2 Ms (Matteau + McGinn). So for the offense, Hyka has been out for two weeks now and he’s irreplaceable to say the least. Hope he’s back ASAP and we have 7 decent forwards but it’s still not strong enough for a Cup run.

I saw that Haula is coming back very soon? With him, Vegas will have 16 forwards. Let’s breakdown options of waivering 2 of the excess 4 forwards...

Carpenter- 49 GP, 4 G, 9 A, -8
Nosek- 54 GP, 6 G, 7 A, -13
Carrier- 48 GP, 8 G, 1 A, -1
Zykov- 6 G, 1 G

One of your fans told me Zykov would not be eligible to go to the Wolves if he cleared waivers, but have not seen exact guidance on that to be affirmed. Who out of these would Vegas fans see as viable to send down? Mind you, the AHL Clear Day roster is in about two weeks, so time is ticking. Oh yes and how about this Gusev and Jones guys y’all talk about? Give them both a year or so with the Wolves!!!

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Carpenter might come down if he doesn't take advantage of his time he's getting now that he's healthy, that's all I can really see.

Gusev to the AHL is a non-starter, he's one of the best players in the KHL and I'm sure he'd rather stay in Russia where he's a God versus coming across the ocean for an ELC just to play in Chicago. Shipachyov situation, but without the big money.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Carr Quinney Macek
McKenzie Tynan Hyka(injured)
Lindberg Duke(injured) Kolesar
Gallant Matteau McGinn
Wong

Hague Whitecloud
Reinhart Coghlan
Bischoff Leslie
Lough

DDR
Lagace

it's not half bad...

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Pretty sure Zykov goes back to one of the other teams he’s played for this year if we try to send him down. Don’t know which.

Reactions: MordredGK

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Pretty sure Zykov goes back to one of the other teams he’s played for this year if we try to send him down. Don’t know which.
He'd go back to the OG one, Carolina.

Jones should be put in the A next year, yeah. Idk if he & Glass could be brought over for AHL playoffs. Depends on when their OHL/WHL seasons ends.

Elvenes should also be put into the A(and Glass to start off) next year.

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I thought that was just pre-trade deadline - the Hurricanes have 1st right of claim on him off waivers

Edit: my bad. Waivers is still a thing. :confused:

Last edited:

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Teams usually put u-24 players on their AHL playoff roster list. I imagine they'd want Zykov in Chicago with Haula expected back for the postseason.

Obviously things can change with another injury.

Carr Quinney Macek
ZykovTynan Hyka(injured)
McKenzie Duke(injured) Kolesar
Matteau Lindberg McGinn
Gallant
Wong

Hague Whitecloud
Reinhart Coghlan
Bischoff Leslie
Lough

DDR
Lagace

it's not half bad...

Appreciate all of your thoughts. Not here to argue or wine anymore about helping the Wolves out but there’s a chance. Is Glass healthy yet, because he had a recent injury? Will disagree with most of that 3rd/4th line you mentioned though. If Duke comes back, don’t expect much from him. He has 1 point in his last 20 games. Disappointment from the hot start he had. Matteau and McGinn are just as useless. I’d rather have Gallant because he doesn’t rack up minuses like the 3 Ws/2Ms do. I’m pushing the Wolves front office to do a PTO dash with two former Wolves (Tim Stapleton and Jesse Schultz). Schultz was a key part of our 2008 Cup team Andy Staples had a few stints and was a top scorer. He is a bit up in age but was in our training camp, never signed, but he wants to play still. It’s a no brainer.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He'd go back to the OG one, Carolina.

Jones should be put in the A next year, yeah. Idk if he & Glass could be brought over for AHL playoffs. Depends on when their OHL/WHL seasons ends.

Elvenes should also be put into the A(and Glass to start off) next year.

If Carolina chose to claim him, they could put him on their AHL team directly. If no one claimed him, Vegas could send him to Chicago.

Of course, why wouldn't Carolina claim him and park him?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If Carolina chose to claim him, they could put him on their AHL team directly. If no one claimed him, Vegas could send him to Chicago.

Of course, why wouldn't Carolina claim him and park him?
IIRC if you get claimed twice in a season, and put on waivers again you get automatically sent back to your original team(that can send him to their AHL team directly), unless I remember wrong?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
IIRC if you get claimed twice in a season, and put on waivers again you get automatically sent back to your original team(that can send him to their AHL team directly), unless I remember wrong?

No, a player can never be forced on a team. Carolina has ROFR plus the right to demote the player immediately. Given those rights, they would be stupid not to claim him, so it becomes a de facto automatic transfer in practice.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
So I know lots of you are probably annoyed with my selfish posts about taking prospects from the Wolves. But now that Brannstrom and Pirri are gone, one big hole in each side of the ice, let’s see our options through here. May I note it was a positive that we got Tobias Lindberg back. He won’t turn heads, however, he is a vast improvement over our 3 Ws (Wagner, Weis, Wong) and 2 Ms (Matteau + McGinn). So for the offense, Hyka has been out for two weeks now and he’s irreplaceable to say the least. Hope he’s back ASAP and we have 7 decent forwards but it’s still not strong enough for a Cup run.

I saw that Haula is coming back very soon? With him, Vegas will have 16 forwards. Let’s breakdown options of waivering 2 of the excess 4 forwards...

Zykov- 6 G, 1 G

One of your fans told me Zykov would not be eligible to go to the Wolves if he cleared waivers, but have not seen exact guidance on that to be affirmed. Who out of these would Vegas fans see as viable to send down? Mind you, the AHL Clear Day roster is in about two weeks, so time is ticking. Oh yes and how about this Gusev and Jones guys y’all talk about? Give them both a year or so with the Wolves!!!

You're not half bad when you get a little love sent your way. I hope Lindberg goes on a tear from here on out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Zykov- 6 G, 1 G

Rosters expanded on 2/25

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
VGK currently has 14F plus Haula (and Clarkson) on IR.

Haula is (my guess) two weeks away once he starts skating, and that hasn't happened yet. 15 forwards would give five "lines" for practicing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

Zykov- 6 G, 1 G

Each of those players would be claimed if released, Chitown. I would think if a cut had to be made they would do another draft pick swap with some team or hopefully for you trade them for an AHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad