Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Apparently someone from San Antonio came in with a flying elbow to Brannstrom's head and Pirri filled the role of letting them know it's not okay.

So noted goalscorer Brandon Pirri chucked knucks for a hit on Brannwagon. Pretty solid, and nerve wracking.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You don't think Wilson would try to end his career, given the opportunity?
I mean, Wilson would try to end the career of anybody at all, he doesn't care where in the lineup you are. Only players he doesn't go after that I know of(knowing Wilson I could be wrong) are goalies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I mean, Wilson would try to end the career of anybody at all, he doesn't care where in the lineup you are. Only players he doesn't go after that I know of(knowing Wilson I could be wrong) are goalies.
And ppl his size, though he will drop gloves with them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
No Hague for the Wolves tonight?

Speaking of rookie defensemen with a lot of goals, Coghlan has his 7th:eek:

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
and now Brannstrom scores his 5th. His first goal since December 1st, and his first point since coming back from the WJC.

Wolves up 3-2 after 2.

edit: Brannstrom's goal changed to Wong (deflection)
Quinney scores his 2nd of the game. Carr has 2 assists.
4-2 Wolves

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ben Jones named 1st star with 3 goals in a 10-0 Niagara Ice Dogs win.
(power play, short handed and even strength goals)

15 points in his last 5 games. In fact he's had exactly 3 points 5 games in a row.

He's also 3rd in OHL +/- with a +32. :eek:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
As a lifelong AHL fan, I am disappointed in Vegas for disregarding the initial agreement for mutual success upon the signing of the affiliation. Keep in mind we got the shaft with St. Louis and Vancouver ever since the Thrashers dissolved, which was one franchise that took care of us. Brandon Pirri was the centerpiece of our offense. While one person cannot complete a team, when he was on the ice, it was always trouble for the defense. Now we have a huge void and there is no compensation for it. I can’t count how many times these Vegas players have day-to-day injuries for the smallest of things, and that created the path to poach Pirri from the Wolves. Not counting Haula, if he comes back, Zykov and two other forwards will be healthy scratches and waste their talents. On the defensive side, Brad Hunt will also be in the same situation as he has been since joining your organization. Let’s be real, sending players like Zykov, Nosek, or Hunt through waivers will probably fail, so consider trading a pair to another team to give the Wolves two viable forwards to make up the void we lost. The Central Division will be hotly contested until the playoffs. But even with Pirri last season, our 3rd and 4th lines are complete garbage. And I am not counting Gallant in that pool because he actually is a benefit to the team. I have urged the Wolves GM to sign some of the top ECHL leaders such as former Wolves Jesse Schultz (part of the 2008 Cup team), Zach Pochirro, and even TJ Hensick who was a consistent scorer the last few years in the AHL. Or, find some talent in Europe and sign them to a 2-way deal. Former Wolf Spencer Machacek is not doing well in the DEL but bringing him here would be great motivation. Bottom line is if you want our fans to trust this affiliation, you will need to find ways to strengthen our squad. We will be knocked out in the first round again with this current roster. The defense is fairly young and inexperienced, and our goaltending has been sub-par.
Thank you and please advocate my message to the Golden Knights organization!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
As a lifelong AHL fan, I am disappointed in Vegas for disregarding the initial agreement for mutual success upon the signing of the affiliation. Keep in mind we got the shaft with St. Louis and Vancouver ever since the Thrashers dissolved, which was one franchise that took care of us. Brandon Pirri was the centerpiece of our offense. While one person cannot complete a team, when he was on the ice, it was always trouble for the defense. Now we have a huge void and there is no compensation for it. I can’t count how many times these Vegas players have day-to-day injuries for the smallest of things, and that created the path to poach Pirri from the Wolves. Not counting Haula, if he comes back, Zykov and two other forwards will be healthy scratches and waste their talents. On the defensive side, Brad Hunt will also be in the same situation as he has been since joining your organization. Let’s be real, sending players like Zykov, Nosek, or Hunt through waivers will probably fail, so consider trading a pair to another team to give the Wolves two viable forwards to make up the void we lost. The Central Division will be hotly contested until the playoffs. But even with Pirri last season, our 3rd and 4th lines are complete garbage. And I am not counting Gallant in that pool because he actually is a benefit to the team. I have urged the Wolves GM to sign some of the top ECHL leaders such as former Wolves Jesse Schultz (part of the 2008 Cup team), Zach Pochirro, and even TJ Hensick who was a consistent scorer the last few years in the AHL. Or, find some talent in Europe and sign them to a 2-way deal. Former Wolf Spencer Machacek is not doing well in the DEL but bringing him here would be great motivation. Bottom line is if you want our fans to trust this affiliation, you will need to find ways to strengthen our squad. We will be knocked out in the first round again with this current roster. The defense is fairly young and inexperienced, and our goaltending has been sub-par.
The wolves have players who are paid entirely by VGK. This is how any farm system works. When Papa NHL needs someone, he leaves the farm. They arent paying Pirri to get you to your cup.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well, of course the team isn't deep, still a very young prospect pipeline, it'll get better as time goes on(should have noticable differences every year the next few years). This season should be a throwaway season for the Wolves where the main objective is for the youngsters to gain experience.

As for Pirri, instead of being sour about losing him be happy that he's doing great, you will lose great players to the NHL as that's how things goes.

Reactions: derriko

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Well, of course the team isn't deep, still a very young prospect pipeline, it'll get better as time goes on(should have noticable differences every year the next few years). This season should be a throwaway season for the Wolves where the main objective is for the youngsters to gain experience.

As for Pirri, instead of being sour about losing him be happy that he's doing great, you will lose great players to the NHL as that's how things goes.

Actually it's not a throw away season, YET, because we are currently in first place. We just need to address our bottom 6 players, and there are ways to do it. I don't need to hear from bandwagon Knights fans that our team has no meaning to the affiliation.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Actually it's not a throw away season, YET, because we are currently in first place. We just need to address our bottom 6 players, and there are ways to do it. I don't need to hear from bandwagon Knights fans that our team has no meaning to the affiliation.

you just got McGinn...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Bandwagon.

Are you dense or just trolling? The whole reason NHL teams affiliate with AHL teams is to either train up prospects or hold depth players. When the team NEEDS one of the many players whose salaries IT is paying, then the needs of your AHL team has no meaning.

Don't like the way I'm addressing you? Don't come in our forum insulting our fanhood.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
you just got McGinn...
McGinn, are you serious? What is his PPG rating, .1? Pirri was more like 1.4? Yea let's not celebrate this pickup. Again, Vegas will have extra benchwarmers so either trade them to get us a couple forwards, or wish them luck through waivers. Sign some elite Europeans to a two-way contract.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Bandwagon.

Are you dense or just trolling? The whole reason NHL teams affiliate with AHL teams is to either train up prospects or hold depth players. When the team NEEDS one of the many players whose salaries IT is paying, then the needs of your AHL team has no meaning.

Don't like the way I'm addressing you? Don't come in our forum insulting our fanhood.

His salary wasn't being paid unless he was on the Vegas roster. When they are in the AHL, they aren't making their NHL salary. I am not here to respond crudely but so far my experience with Vegas fans has been lackluster and we are not thinking mutually.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
His salary wasn't being paid unless he was on the Vegas roster. When they are in the AHL, they aren't making their NHL salary. I am not here to respond crudely but so far my experience with Vegas fans has been lackluster and we are not thinking mutually.
We're just not a deep team with prospects. Plus, I'm sure Pirri is enjoying the extra income more than he'd enjoy a Calder run, so he's likely squared away.

While I get that you didn't like that Pirri that got called up because we need a scoring forward (which is unquestionably more important than keeping him regardless of who you ask) you also get to keep Brannstrom because McPhee is a little crazy.

The Knights and the Wolves work in tandem for mutual success, but there should never be a question over whose success is more important. That's not unique to a Knights affiliation. Every single non-tanking/playoff-bound NHL organization is going to pull from the AHL to help their NHL team, even if it hurts their AHL team.

ETA: and if we're honest, imagine how you'd tell a Pirri that he's got to go to Chicago and make a few hundred grand less this season so the Wolves can fill the Rosemont Horizon.

Reactions: derriko

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
Yes, McGinn. For the bottom 6, which is what you were crying about in the post I quoted.

Vegas is wasting enough contract spots on Wolves players as it is. They must be paying over a million for most of the Chicago Wolves roster.

Show me proof that Vegas is actually paying for it. You guys can call up Tyler Wong, he’s on a 2-way deal. Remember, two years ago, he scored 109 points in the OHL. Must be good, right? Most of you Vegas fans don’t understand how important success for the Wolves matters to us.

chihockey1989

Jan 18, 2019
We're just not a deep team with prospects. Plus, I'm sure Pirri is enjoying the extra income more than he'd enjoy a Calder run, so he's likely squared away.

While I get that you didn't like that Pirri that got called up because we need a scoring forward (which is unquestionably more important than keeping him regardless of who you ask) you also get to keep Brannstrom because McPhee is a little crazy.

The Knights and the Wolves work in tandem for mutual success, but there should never be a question over whose success is more important. That's not unique to a Knights affiliation. Every single non-tanking/playoff-bound NHL organization is going to pull from the AHL to help their NHL team, even if it hurts their AHL team.

ETA: and if we're honest, imagine how you'd tell a Pirri that he's got to go to Chicago and make a few hundred grand less this season so the Wolves can fill the Rosemont Horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad