Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't know about Gusev coming over but Panarin sounds awful nice. :naughty:

I think if space needs to be made (roster and cap), Smith is the odd man out. Smith and Miller.
I like the idea of trying to re-sign Haula this July 4x4m and playing him with Glass so they can alternate playing center.
Miller should be able to fetch a capable stay at home D on a decent contract. Someone who can help the kids.

Smith and Miller could be used to help out our prospect group if we can bring in Panarin or Gusev. I think Schmidt, McNabb, Theodore and Engelland (if kept on the bottom pair) could be enough veteran leadership, bringing up Brannstrom, Whitecloud and Bischoff to round out the group. We still have Holden next year also. And I'm sure Hunt would come back if the team offered.

Panarin would be super close to the beach he wants and would be in a big city on a competitive team here, you would think we would have a chance.

I think I'm also inclined to have us try to retain Haula, especially since (unfortunately for him) his injury will probably have an impact on how much his next contract is, making it more reasonable for us to afford it. Glass and Haula could form a good start to a better third line. Depending on where Eakin and Nosek go we might even have room to try Pirri or Carr on that third line.

Of course, we also need our backup goaltender situation sorted.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If I'm Hunt, I think would look elsewhere. If I was consistently being sat in favor of Jon Merrill and I wouldn't be in a rush to do the same.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If I'm Hunt, I think would look elsewhere. If I was consistently being sat in favor of Jon Merrill and I wouldn't be in a rush to do the same.
From what I've heard, Hunt is an amazing "happy to just be here" kind of locker room guy. If he can keep making impacts when needed, I wouldn't mind giving him a little contract to play that 7th D role and keep him around the team.

He seems like the kind of guy to want to stick around and play that role, too.

Reactions: derriko

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
From what I've heard, Hunt is an amazing "happy to just be here" kind of locker room guy. If he can keep making impacts when needed, I wouldn't mind giving him a little contract to play that 7th D role and keep him around the team.

He seems like the kind of guy to want to stick around and play that role, too.
I'd be happy to play him in the 7th D role, but we've been playing him in 8th D... I don't know if it bothers him... but it would bother me. If we shipped off Merrill either to another team, or the sun, if I was him I'd resign... but he's him and I'm me, so it's a bit moot hahaha

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Coghlan wins it in OT. The Wolves are now 10-0-1 their last 11 games.

Coghlan has 10 points his last 12 games
Macek has 12 points his last 8 games

Paul Cotter had 2g2a for a 4 point night for the London Knights last night
Ben Jones had a 4 point night for Niagara
Jake Leschyshyn has a 4 point night so far for Lethbridge

edit: make that 5 points for Leschyshyn. A hat trick and 2 apples.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I was wondering if Reese Newkirk (2019 eligible) would start producing more with Glass at the WJC, but it's overager Ryan Hughes that seems to have stepped up for Portland. I hope he gets an invite to rookie camp.

stats

ForwardLeague Games Goals Points+/- Faceoff %GWG SH Goals 1st Star
(games)
2nd Starr
(games)
3rd Star
(games)
Cody Glass WHL 26 12 54+16 53.1% 0 2 1 8 2
Jake Leschyshyn WHL 35 24 49 +4 59.5% 6 1 1 2 1
Ivan Morozov MHL 14 9 19+12 - - - - - -
Ivan Morozov VHL 11 2 3+3 - - - - - -
Ivan MorozovKHL 4 0 00 - - - - - -
Ben Jones OHL 3820 54+26 52.1% 2 1 2 3 2
Brandon Kruse NCAA 19 6 25+11 - - - - - -
Jack Dugan NCAA 17 6 18+4 - - - - -
Lucas Elvenes SHL 22 110 +1 - - - - -
Paul Cotter OHL 13 4 12+762.3%00010
Paul Cotter NCAA 8 0 1 -5------
Jonas Rondbjerg SHL 23 1 2 -10------
Nick Campoli NCAA 17 2 5+4------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DefensemanLeague Games Goals Points +/-1st Star
(games)
2nd Star
(games)
3rd Star
(games)
Xavier Bouchard QMJHL 28 1 19+14 0 0 1
Slava Demin NCAA 16 1 6+10 - - -
Connor Corcoran OHL 36 6 18 -17 2 0 1
Peter Diliberatore NCAA 18 1 8+12 - - -
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalie League Games GAA Save %Shutouts 1st Star
(games)
2nd Star
(games)
3rd Star
(games)
Oscar Dansk AHL 182.75 .901 1 1 1 1
Max Lagace AHL 15 3.00.890 0 0 22
Jiri Patera WHL 24 3.02 .915 0 4 2 1
Dylan Ferguson WHL 25 3.18 .909 0 2 5 1
Jordan Kooy OHL 13 2.13 .931 0 2 2 1
Maxim Zhukov OHL 19 3.43 .900 1 1 1 2
Zach Fucale ECHL 15 3.00 .890 - - - -
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Bellemare shouldn't even be considered unless hes looking to get PAID. Get rid of Carpenter, Lindberg, and even Nosek and I think that would be a minimal loss, if one at all...Glass can replace one, a UFA could replace another one, and maybe even someone like Hyka could take the other spot.

You can't break up the 4th line which (imo) is the best in the league. I consider them the true 3rd line really.

I would personally contribute some money to trade / buy out Merrill. Theres currently 3 AHL defenseman (maybe even Hague) that are probably already better than him waiting in the wings.

No use for Merrill next year. Holden too, but that may be too green of a blue-line if you have Brannstrom / Whitecloud / Bischoff all trying to break in the same year.

Ease Brannstrom in the rest of the year post-WJC and that might help in that area.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Hey guys I was just looking through hockeydb and noticed that Brandon Piri has scored 8 goals and 10 pts in 8 games the last two seasons for yet is still in the AHL? What's the reasoning behind this?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hey guys I was just looking through hockeydb and noticed that Brandon Piri has scored 8 goals and 10 pts in 8 games the last two seasons for yet is still in the AHL? What's the reasoning behind this?

He is not in still in the AHL.
This, but when he is in the AHL it’s because he’s not really a two way player like every other forward on the Knights.

We’ll see what happens when Max returns.

Reactions: avsfan09

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This, but when he is in the AHL it’s because he’s not really a two way player like every other forward on the Knights.

We’ll see what happens when Max returns.

If every other forward on the Knights are two way forwards then you can deal with a more one dimensional player as long as they put up points. In fact, the variety may be more desirable. It worked with a few forwards last season.

Also, Pirri has actually been not a liability in his own end since he's come up. He isn't someone you would characterize as a two way forward but he has put in effort and not been a negative when out there. I think he's earned a shot at sticking on the third line this year and maybe even next year depending on how things shake out, regardless of who gets healthy.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If every other forward on the Knights are two way forwards then you can deal with a more one dimensional player as long as they put up points. In fact, the variety may be more desirable. It worked with a few forwards last season.

Also, Pirri has actually been not a liability in his own end since he's come up. He isn't someone you would characterize as a two way forward but he has put in effort and not been a negative when out there. I think he's earned a shot at sticking on the third line this year and maybe even next year depending on how things shake out, regardless of who gets healthy.
I'm not saying I disagree, just that I wouldn't expect him to stay up and that's the reason why. I'm open to being surprised, even if it means losing a player I've liked for a while.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

Everyone is regurgitating outdated scouting reports. Gallant has said that Pirri has really upped his defensive game, and I've seen it o the ice since he came up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wolves dropped their 3rd straight after going on a huge unbeaten streak.
Brannstrom not yet back with the team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My personal updated VGK prospect rankings halfway through the season

in order:
(3 way tie) Glass C/Hague D/Brannstrom D
----------------
Leschyshyn C
Elvenes W
Whitecloud D
---------------
Jones C
Dugan W
Kruse W
Kolesar W
Bouchard D
Morozov C
Duke C
Coghlan D
Bischoff D
Cotter C
Demin D
Ferguson G
Quinney C
Diliberatore D
Corcoran D
Patera G
Kooy G
--------
Zhukov G
Rondbjerg W
Campoli C

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Pirri instigated a fight to defend Brannstrom, who took another headshot.
Erik remains in the game.

Alex Gallant turns goalscorer on role reversal knight. He gets his 1st of the season.

edit:

Pirri scores! Carr scored too.

Gordie Howe hat trick coming up for Brandon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ben Jones was named 1st star today after a 3 point game for the Icedogs.

and does anyone know what's up with Zhukov? He hasn't played in almost a month.

Reactions: BattleBorn

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ben Jones was named 1st star today after a 3 point game for the Icedogs.

and does anyone know what's up with Zhukov? He hasn't played in almost a month.
Didn't he get sent to the ECHL?
ETA: Disregard, got my names messed up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Didn't he get sent to the ECHL?
ETA: Disregard, got my names messed up.

Apparently he's just there as the 3rd goalie. It wasn't likely he'd get signed with the successful seasons Patera and Ferguson are having anyhow.

Plus Kooy probably gets a contract next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad