Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
This WJC I get to watch ANA-VGK tandems of Glass+Comtois and Lundestrom+Brannstrom. I feel spoiled.

Not as good for me with my Senator allegiance. They have Josh Norris for USA and that’s it. At least he seems to be a top 6 center.

Has Morozov officially made Russia? I don’t know a thing about him, but saw he put up some points in one of their exhibition games.

Also, did either of Vegas’s fringe goalies make it? I can’t even remember their names haha. I don’t follow goalie prospects until they are in the AHL. Just way too unpredictable to even get excited about them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Not as good for me with my Senator allegiance. They have Josh Norris for USA and that’s it. At least he seems to be a top 6 center.

Has Morozov officially made Russia? I don’t know a thing about him, but saw he put up some points in one of their exhibition games.

Also, did either of Vegas’s fringe goalies make it? I can’t even remember their names haha. I don’t follow goalie prospects until they are in the AHL. Just way too unpredictable to even get excited about them.

Patera is the 3rd goalie for the Czechs as of now

Hard to say whether Morozov will make the final cuts as they prefer 19 year olds. He's on the 4th line right now.

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hague just scored his 6th goal in his last 7 games. :eek:

as for the juniors, Glass is racking up the points through 2 pre-tournament games against Switzerland and Slovakia. This kid is gonna be a star.

update: the Wolves have come back from a 3-1 deficit to tie it at 3.
they went down 4-3 but Gage Quinney tied it in the dying minutes to send it to OT

update 2: the Icehogs take it in overtime. Chicago Wolves are now undefeated in regulation the last 7 games.

Last edited:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hague just scored his 6th goal in his last 7 games. :eek:

as for the juniors, Glass is racking up the points through 2 pre-tournament games against Switzerland and Slovakia. This kid is gonna be a star.

update: the Wolves have come back from a 3-1 deficit to tie it at 3.
they went down 4-3 but Gage Quinney tied it in the dying minutes to send it to OT

update 2: the Icehogs take it in overtime. Chicago Wolves are now undefeated in regulation the last 7 games.

That is just insane. That is superstar forward production and he's a freakin defenseman. On pace for almost 24 goals over the entire 76 game season. Hitting 30 goals in the OHL, and possibly hitting 20 goals in the AHL would be as impressive as it gets.

Vegas should reward him for his play with a few games. Sit Merrill / Hunt / Holden or whoever.

Heres an AHL rookie year comparison of a very similar, high profile player:

Per 76 games:
Hague - 23 goals / 18 assists / 41 points / 47 PIM
Unnamed player - 19 goals / 24 assists / 44 points / 80 PIM

That's Shea Weber...

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Reactions: theslatcher

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Brannstrom had two goals in Sweden’s first game(only goals scored by Sweden) , and so far Elvenes just sniped one in the Slovakia - Sweden game, their second.

Glass had 4 assists in Canada’s route of Denmark I believe.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
2 g 2 a for carr

39 points in 25 games

He needs to be in Vegas. Too good for the ahl.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
2 g 2 a for carr

39 points in 25 games

He needs to be in Vegas. Too good for the ahl.

I don’t like rewarding guys with a call up, just to play them 10 minutes on the fourth line, but Carr didn’t exactly earn his keep when he was up.

He has played 100 NHL games and wasn’t able to stay in the lineup on some very mediocre Habs teams. I just don’t see it with him.

Plus, barring injury Pirri has earned the rest of the year as a try out with his play so far imo.

Reactions: MordredGK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
1 of those were an empty netter.

I like Carr but he hasn't been the same NHL player since his concussion issues. He seems to have no problem dominating the AHL so he'll probably have a few more cracks in the big league. In the NHL he's at his best when he's swarming the net, that's how most of his goals will come, and he hasn't really done much of that this year.

Maybe after the trade deadline he can see some games.

The thing is, no matter how uninspired the play of Lindberg, Carpenter and Nosek has been at times they're all natural Cs who can kill penalties. Gallant and McPhee value that quite a bit. With the contracts of Eakin, Bellemare and Haula up in the air they'll probably want to keep them all around a little longer.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
1 of those were an empty netter.

I like Carr but he hasn't been the same NHL player since his concussion issues. He seems to have no problem dominating the AHL so he'll probably have a few more cracks in the big league. In the NHL he's at his best when he's swarming the net, that's how most of his goals will come, and he hasn't really done much of that this year.

Maybe after the trade deadline he can see some games.

The thing is, no matter how uninspired the play of Lindberg, Carpenter and Nosek has been at times they're all natural Cs who can kill penalties. Gallant and McPhee value that quite a bit. With the contracts of Eakin, Bellemare and Haula up in the air they'll probably want to keep them all around a little longer.

I'm interested to see what happens with Carpenter/Lindberg/Bellemare/Nosek/Haula this offseason.

Eakin has another season after this one and is solid in that 3C position, I think Bellemare will get another couple of years since he's 33 and a huge part of the defense on the 4th line and a consistent alternate captain. Carpy is your standard role player and so is Lindberg for the most part.

I really think it might come down to whether they can sell Haula on a 3rd line winger position with a chance at the 2nd line (then what happens to Tuch/Pacioretty/Smith?) and they almost have to give Glass some NHL ice time next season. I've got a feeling Haula walks.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This of course assumes they re-sign Wild Bill.
We've got at least another season of Mr. Karlsson, which should give a little insight into what Glass really is.

From what I've heard, both sides are interested in some term. Don't know how that's developed since I heard it a month or two ago, though.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm interested to see what happens with Carpenter/Lindberg/Bellemare/Nosek/Haula this offseason.

Eakin has another season after this one and is solid in that 3C position, I think Bellemare will get another couple of years since he's 33 and a huge part of the defense on the 4th line and a consistent alternate captain. Carpy is your standard role player and so is Lindberg for the most part.

I really think it might come down to whether they can sell Haula on a 3rd line winger position with a chance at the 2nd line (then what happens to Tuch/Pacioretty/Smith?) and they almost have to give Glass some NHL ice time next season. I've got a feeling Haula walks.

Haula has another season under contract after this year before he can walk, I believe.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You're absolutely right, I should have checked Capfriendly.

Yeah, we have way too many third liners considering Glass should find his way into the lineup next year, theres still a possibility of Gusev and Haula should be healthy by next season. I could see one of Nosek, Lindberg and Carpenter coming back but Pirri and Carr might need to find their chances on another team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah, we have way too many third liners considering Glass should find his way into the lineup next year, theres still a possibility of Gusev and Haula should be healthy by next season. I could see one of Nosek, Lindberg and Carpenter coming back but Pirri and Carr might need to find their chances on another team.

I don't know about Gusev coming over but Panarin sounds awful nice. :naughty:

I think if space needs to be made (roster and cap), Smith is the odd man out. Smith and Miller.
I like the idea of trying to re-sign Haula this July 4x4m and playing him with Glass so they can alternate playing center.
Miller should be able to fetch a capable stay at home D on a decent contract. Someone who can help the kids.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I did see a tweet a few days ago... may have been SinBin or Granger suggesting Bellemare may not be here next season, will try to dig it up. But I hope it's not the case. Bellemare is excellent on the 4th line.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Chicago Wolves win AGAIN! 9-0-1 their last 10 games

Here's a crazy stat: Nic Hague only has 1 minor penalty in his last 14 games.

I did see a tweet a few days ago... may have been SinBin or Granger suggesting Bellemare may not be here next season, will try to dig it up. But I hope it's not the case. Bellemare is excellent on the 4th line.

I can see him trying to get a 3 or 4 year deal considering his age.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Chicago Wolves win AGAIN! 9-0-1 their last 10 games

Here's a crazy stat: Nic Hague only has 1 minor penalty in his last 14 games.

I can see him trying to get a 3 or 4 year deal considering his age.
Couldn't find it... maybe I imagined it... but I'd be inclined to give him 3 or 4 if the money isn't outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad