Post-Game Talk: Vegas 3 - Jets 2

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Or you are giving the talents on this team too little credit. Maybe they are winning in spite of Maurice?
You could be right , i guess we'll never really know but in my mind it's hard to be sour on the coach that has helped get us farther than ever before .

Reactions: GNP

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Big Bully Dumb Buff (another of Chevy's stupid contract extensions) cost the Jets Game 4 with his ill-advised pinch at the Knights blue line and Helly let in another soft goal. Should the Jets lose four in a row, that will leave a bitter taste as if the past season was a failure.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The one thing I hate is the "balancing out" argument. No it doesn't. They scored off a dive that should have been a 4v4 situation. The only way to really balance that would be to wave off the goal. Where was our 4min power play that could have won us that game? Did we get one later on I missed?

The b.s. icing call at the end, with 7 seconds left? You really think you can "balance" that out later? How by adding time to the clock?

The missed trip on wheeler when he was driving to the net, could have scored, wasn't called how do you balance that out?

You can't balance out poor officating. It impacts the game, impacts the players and more then likely it determines the outcome.

Saying it will balance out is saying that bully who steals your lunch money karma will get him so I don't have to do anything.

I'm sure if you were a Vegas fan, you would be able to come up with a lot of "missed" penalties not called on the Jets-- it all balances out IMO.

The real reason the Jets lost the series is Helle let in a soft "fluttering" slow shot, that ended up being the winning goal (3rd)-- and also Fleury Save % of 94.5. It's really as simple as that-- but I understand your frustration.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Hellebuyck just gave away the series Ondrej Pavelec style. What a putrid performance, contrasted by Fleury standing on his head yet again.

I am so disappointed and disgusted
Helly is playing tired. That 7-game series against the Preds sapped his mental energy. Stupid Paul Maurice playing the classic kill the golden goose game instead of putting in Steve Mason or Michael Hutchison after Game 2.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Big Bully Dumb Buff (another of Chevy's stupid contract extensions) cost the Jets Game 4 with his ill-advised pinch at the Knights blue line and Helly let in another soft goal. Should the Jets lose four in a row, that will leave a bitter taste as if the past season was a failure.
Big Bully Dumb Buff has been one of the Jets best players all playoffs , nice try man . :laugh:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
How many years left for buff? A game changer? Yeah game changer alright... jets lose 3-2 to Vegas.
Big Bully Buff just completed Year 3 of his 5-year, $7.6M average contract extension. Two more LONG years of this lead-foot bully behemoth. Btw, I've made a shirt count of Jets jerseys bought by Winnipegers and yes, Big Buff's No. 33 is the most popular, but then WickedPeggers love bullies.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Helly is playing tired. That 7-game series against the Preds sapped his mental energy. Stupid Paul Maurice playing the classic kill the golden goose game instead of putting in Steve Mason or Michael Hutchison after Game 2.
Helly is too young to lose all of his mental energy , i don't buy that for a second . So the series is tied 1-1 and you want Mason , who hasn't played in months , or Hutch who didn't play great in the games he played with the Jets this season to start game 3 in Vegas ? Maurice would have been lynched around here for doing that . :shakehead

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
F*ck Hellesuck and Buff, at this point change the goalie for the next game. And why the f was Little taking 2 faceoffs at the end (losing both), when there are Stastny and Scheifele on the ice:ha:
With Chevy planning to resign the free agent Paul Stastny, Bryan Little is expendable and Les Canadiens will surely be interested in trading for him.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Big Bully Buff just completed Year 3 of his 5-year, $7.6M average contract extension. Two more LONG years of this lead-foot bully behemoth. Btw, I've made a shirt count of Jets jerseys bought by Winnipegers and yes, Big Buff's No. 33 is the most popular, but then WickedPeggers love bullies.
Well if what you say is true than Buff's contract is no problem , his jersey sales are covering the cost of his salary . :laugh:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I think the long Nashville series was tough on us, and I suspect we’ll hear afterwards that a lot of jets were playing injured.
The Captain Blake Wheeler can give a lot more. Missing in action are Little, Perrault, Trouba, Enstrom, Lowry, Tanev, etc...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It wasn't a dumb pinch at all; he whiffed on a one timer. Not sure what you were watching. Hellebuyck needs to make that save. He was much too conservative in his net.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Does Hellebuyck deserve a huge contract because of one great season.

I am not a big fan of his arrogant interviews even after he loses when he sounds so full of himself.
With Steve Mason still raking in an insane salary thanks to dummy Chevy, there won't be extra money to give to Helly.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
He has a no move clause. He's not being traded this year.

Idk what people think Stastny is gonna be, but if he’s resigned, he’ll be exactly what people think Little will be. Aging and overpaid. It’s juat shortsighted. Little isn’t going anywhere and I am personally not worried about our 2C spot going into next year.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Outside of game one, Fleury has been winning it for them. It will be interesting to see how well Vegas does against the winner of Washington and Tampa Bay for the Stanley Cup. It's too bad the Jets won't make it past the conference final but they did have a much better year than was expected.

:jets
Should the Lightning beat the Caps and with home ice advantage, they should be favored to beat the Golden Knights for the Cup.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The NHL's tall foreheads (Bettman and Daly) can't have it all. They really don't want a Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup yet do they want an expansion team to win it in its inaugural season? (Look at the CFL with the Ottawa RedBlacks winning the Grey Cup in their second season.) Maybe they are really pulling for the Golden Knights to win the Cup in order to justify charging the expansion Seattle owners a hefty expansion fee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad