Post-Game Talk: Vegas 3 - Jets 2

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wow bitter people.

Last year the Jets missed the playoffs; this year they finish 2nd in the league and make it to the WCF.

If was the best season to be a Jets fan in the history of 1.0 and 2.0.

If the season ends tomorrow I will be proud of there growth this year. If it doesn't end tomorrow my opinion won't change.
it's a gross sense of entitlement that some sportsfans have. they forget that 30 teams lose the Cup and only 1 team wins. but hey, our team sucks.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
The Jets were the better team last night but Fleury was outstanding.

The Jets will win the next two but I'm not going to predict game 7.

Have hope people! The Jets are the best in the West, they just need to solve a hot goalie who is playoff MVP year to date. And I think they have the shooters to do it.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I kinda feel going into tomorrows game as having nothing to lose. Last September, i expected another non playoff season. Here we are in the WCF for the first time in Winnipeg hockey history. It's been a great season despite this frustrating series. Jets haven't been sharp and I truly thing believe it's due to inexperience and the previous series.

Vegas is the NHL's Cinderella story and that teamed has earned it. I dont think that expansion team was gifted anything and they are all playing with the chip on the shoulder as having been written off over and over again.

I'm going to enjoy next game and if this run ends, then enjoy my summer.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Refs spot Vegas a goal.... yeh just Vegas being better at getting freebies too.
That icing was total BS too ... there should have been a face off in Vegas' end with 17 second left. I hope Buff takes it out on Vegas players this Sunday

Wheeler said it right ... "we win this game 9 out of 10 times ... if we play this and lose again it was meant not to be"

I say the hit on Scheifele is called a penalty 99.99 of 100 times. I can see missing a call but the fact that Vegas has been cross checking and running interference on Scheifele the whole series proves the NHL/refs are bias.

Last edited:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
We have Vegas right where we want them. Mo just figured it is good to get the experience of having to win three straight, and to of course let Vegas have their moment as well. They have played a good season. Now it's time to take off the gloves. Time to go to sleep Vegas.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets were all over Vegas, and ran them ragged in their zone frequently.

I think the Jets can win 3 in a row. They need Hellebuyck to be steady, not spectacular.

They need to boost speed and puck movement in the 3rd pairing with either Kulikov or Morrow in for Chiarot.

I think they should also consider Armia in for Tanev for games in Winnipeg.

Win the game at home, tighten the noose. Play like last night in Vegas and come home for game 7. This Jets team isn't done yet.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hey Guys...Isles fan coming in peace. for the love of god, beat this team! I won't be able to look at the game the same way if Vegas wins the cup and I have no confidence that one of the Caps or TBL will beat them...you guys though...You have a real deep squad and have the ability to beat them!
Thanks
It’s a weird feeling thinking this is actually going to happen.
If we can’t I hope Washington does because I like Ovi

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
so, let me get this straight...
people are complaining that Buff did something even though it did not result in a penalty.
got it.

also, my hot take?
PoMo riding Helle too much has bitten us in the ash. he's looking tired out there.

also not mentioned: Mason wasn't dressed. wondering if he retires this offseason. this is certainly odd

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
people are complaining that Buff did something even though it did not result in a penalty.
got it.

Lol ... it just proves how Vegas tries to draw penalties.
Go down easy when a Jet player taps you ... don't hold onto your stick let go of your stick when hit.
And on the other side cross check and run intereference on #55 on every shift.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree we can't hang it all on Helly just too bad he had to completely butcher that second goal. Reffing didn't help but it's been pretty much **** all year so they're consistent in that regard. We hope it evens out over time but it seems like it's bound to affect the outcome of games when they're so closely contested as it is. I just don't see how the NHL could be fine with that level of officiating on that stage.

And why the hell do they keep forcing the puck into Scheif on the PP when he's covered? Like c'mon coaches-figure something out!

I've missed a couple of the games in this series and in the ones I've seen, the Jets just haven't quite matched the level of execution they had all season. No doubt fatigue has set in. Three straight is not impossible but seems improbable.

I have a new man crush. His name is Jack Roslovic.

Yes, I think Roslovic acquitted himself very good, especially last night.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I fear we're watching a goalie steal a series.

Sucks to be on the ass-end of it, but it happens.

I still have faith in this team to try to make it a series again, and I have a tonne of faith in Hellebuyck that he's going to work--hard--to get his head back in the game. For next year, at least.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe it's a "Jets fan" thing, but somehow I feel more comfortable in the "struggle". I'll be disappointed if they are knocked out, but I like the prospect of watching them fight for their lives, and if unsuccessful this year I can look forward with anticipation to them continuing the struggle to reach the pinnacle.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm here to add a perhaps uncomfortable notion.

The game of hockey is one of the most luck drive sports there is.

Jets are not bad. Vegas is not bad but are having bounces go there way.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
We’ve been out-coached. They are probably laughing at Maurice’s decisions.

Our goaltending has been bad the last 3. Their goalie is not as good as people make him out to be. Lol. Has not stolen them anything. They play a fantastic team defense in front of him that makes him seem better than he is. Our shots are low percentage shots that any goalie would save. He sees every puck. No traffic in front. He makes saves seem harder than they really are.

Our coach makes poor lineup decisions (usually a few games too late when he doesn’t make one). His choices do not give us the best chance to win.

Maurice has us playing afraid and passive instead of fearless and aggressive (what made us successful all season).

I know some are just happy to have made it this far, but that’s not what most are upset about. It’s that we know this team is capable of winning it all and that we’re faultering with no strategy changes from our coach. So much parity in the league now, we may never get this far and another chance again. We could even miss playoffs next season, that’s how close teams are.

Lack of playoff experience is also a poor excuse. It’s an excuse for losing. The team we’re playing has no experience playing more than a season together, yet they whooped our ass.

We’re unable to win when we give up first goal. That’s on coach.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nice that this site is working right again , holy hell was that frustrating , along the same lines as this series so far , frustrating .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Our goaltending has been bad the last 3. Their goalie is not as good as people make him out to be. Lol. Has not stolen them anything. They play a fantastic team defense in front of him that makes him seem better than he is. Our shots are low percentage shots that any goalie would save. He sees every puck. No traffic in front. He makes saves seem harder than they really are.

Our coach makes poor lineup decisions (usually a few games too late when he doesn’t make one). His choices do not give us the best chance to win.

Maurice has us playing afraid and passive instead of fearless and aggressive (what made us successful all season).

I know some are just happy to have made it this far, but that’s not what most are upset about. It’s that we know this team is capable of winning it all and that we’re faultering with no strategy changes from our coach. So much parity in the league now, we may never get this far and another chance again. We could even miss playoffs next season, that’s how close teams are.

Lack of playoff experience is also a poor excuse. It’s an excuse for losing. The team we’re playing has no experience playing more than a season together, yet they whooped our ass.

I'm not seeing what you are seeing . :dunno: I'm seeing one team take advantage of their opportunitys better than the other right now .

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

I hate Paul Maurice, too. How many opportunities does a man have to fail?

Jets are a young team, if they lose this year, they will be back strong.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hate Paul Maurice, too. How many opportunities does a man have to fail?

Jets are a young team, if they lose this year, they will be back strong.
Maurice gets no credit at all for this team going farther than any other Jets team ever has ? I think Maurice has done a excellent job so far this year .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
got it.

also, my hot take?
PoMo riding Helle too much has bitten us in the ash. he's looking tired out there.

also not mentioned: Mason wasn't dressed. wondering if he retires this offseason. this is certainly odd
I agree Maurice might have rode Helly too much , we didn't have very good backup options . Mason was hurt almost all season , when Comrie and Hutch played , they were less than stellar to say the least .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad