Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin Pt. IIII

When will Podz join the Canucks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Elite-Prospects is listing Podkolzin at 6'4".....are you kidding me?

With his non-stop motor and heavy work along the wall, this kid could be a beast right out of the gate. You have to try and contain your excitement with any first year player breaking into the NHL....but damn this kid is a gem burning brightly after this turd of a Canuck season.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Looks like will sing NEXT season with the Canucks. Congrats to those who voted that way, like myself

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

With his non-stop motor and heavy work along the wall, this kid could be a beast right out of the gate. You have to try and contain your excitement with any first year player breaking into the NHL....but damn this kid is a gem burning brightly after this turd of a Canuck season.
I think has been discussed quite a bit in this thread. This is clearly a wrong height listed, unless he was wearing high heels

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think has been discussed quite a bit in this thread. This is clearly a wrong height listed, unless he was wearing high heels
I think it’s clear Podzilla had a growth spurt, after we drafted him, of a couple inches. (I think he’s likely 6’3and we drafted him at 6’1”) He’s just now getting used to his new frame, and filling out. What’s so cool is he’s developing into an absolute monster of a player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
d9ekz7t673z31.jpg

Reactions: Get North

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

Whether he's 6'2" or 6'4" your point still stands.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Picked up an assist in a 6-3 Russia win. Hope he has a strong enough showing for him to make the world's team.
But if Russia goes older couldn’t Pods still play with us? We could still have him here late April, and (after 7 day quarantine) playing early May, no?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Like a lot of players in the KHL, Podkolzin's contract expires on April 30th. But since he's been selected to compete for a spot on Russia's WHC team, he's now unavailable until next season.

I must say I'm shocked they're actually playing this tournament. Roberto Luongo has his work cut out for him trying to convince NHL'ers to head overseas for another round of quarantines and a compressed tournament schedule.

But in terms of Podkolzin, I'm actually relieved we won't see him until September or whenever the NHL season starts next year. This team just needs to stagger through to the finish line, and then re-set for next year.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Like a lot of players in the KHL, Podkolzin's contract expires on April 30th. But since he's been selected to compete for a spot on Russia's WHC team, he's now unavailable until next season.

I must say I'm shocked they're actually playing this tournament. Roberto Luongo has his work cut out for him trying to convince NHL'ers to head overseas for another round of quarantines and a compressed tournament schedule.

But in terms of Podkolzin, I'm actually relieved we won't see him until September or whenever the NHL season starts next year. This team just needs to stagger through to the finish line, and then re-set for next year.
Pods was selected to the Russian WHC team? I must have missed that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Picked up an assist in a 6-3 Russia win. Hope he has a strong enough showing for him to make the world's team.
Only one assist in a six goal effort. Hopefully picks it up if hes suppose to be one of the top guys for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad