Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Top six for next season:

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
-Miller-

Having Miller drive his own line at the center position would make Canucks have 3 competent scoring lines.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Top six for next season:

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
-Miller-

Having Miller drive his own line at the center position would make Canucks have 3 competent scoring lines.
Why do people want to punish miller so bad. Either play him top line or trade him.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
yeah, i do not get it at all. let's make our best power winger a 3c.
Agree. He can lead the team in pts if he plays with Pettersson. Pearson should be on the third line with a decent two way 3C, which we could hopefully find in FA (though we don't have a great track with UFA signings).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Agree. He can lead the team in pts if he plays with Pettersson. Pearson should be on the third line with a decent two way 3C, which we could hopefully find in FA (though we don't have a great track with UFA signings).

Pearson's money should've gone to a 3C. Canucks can't afford a 3C over a 1.5 now.

Reactions: Luckylarry

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Pearson's money should've gone to a 3C. Canucks can't afford a 3C over a 1.5 now.
Totally agree.

I guess if we were a team with an embarrassment of riches up front like TBL we could have Miller at 3C, but we are far from that team.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
What if Pods plays on a line with Miller at C?
Petey Bess
Miller Pods
Bo Hogs
I think that would make the Pettersson line too soft. We would need someone to do puck retrieval and take face-offs (with the skill to also play a complementary offensive role with Petey and Bess). I actually think Miller has been a somewhat ideal player to play with Pettersson.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Playing Miller as the team's 3C neuters his offensive ability IMO.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Play Podz on the third line, extend Sutter, and hope for more from Eriksson and Beagle:

Miller Horvat Brock Boeser
Pearson Pettersson Virtanen
Hogger Sutter Podz
Eriksson Beagle Roussell

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Play Podz on the third line, extend Sutter, and hope for more from Eriksson and Beagle:

Miller Horvat Brock Boeser
Pearson Pettersson Virtanen
Hogger Sutter Podz
Eriksson Beagle Roussell
Is this post for real, or tongue in check sarcasm? Putting Podkolzin on a line with Sutter would be the Russian equivalent of a one-way bus trip to the Gulag.

If Benning is doing his job, which I admit is an oxymoron, neither Sutter nor Eriksson will be anywhere near this team next season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We actually have three very good centres with Miller, Petey, and Bo.
Podzilla will do well with any of those three.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Yup. That Pearson contract will predictably bite us in the ass next season. I'd keep the lotto line intact and maybe try something like that

Miller - Petterson - Boeser
Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin
Pearson - C - RW

I have no idea how we're going to form a decent 3rd line given how tight we are up against the cap. This team has desperately needed a defensively competent 3rd line C for a while but here we are.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Why do people want to punish miller so bad. Either play him top line or trade him.
I also think about Petey's face-offs and how beneficial it is to have Miller there. Nonetheless, good teams are required to be versatile teams and we should have 2 line-ups that are strong, with Miller at 3C and without him there.

That's why we need to sign a more skilled, tw0-way Sutter in free agency.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Top six for next season:

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
-Miller-

NO NO NO, So much NO. What an absolute waste to stick Miller there

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I dont like petterson as a center i'd rather have him on the wing.

Hoglander Miller Boeser
Petterson Horvat Podkolzin
Pearson Sutter Motte

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
NO NO NO, So much NO. What an absolute waste to stick Miller there
No point. Its become majority opinion that people want to break up an actually super lethal line.
I would be fine with trading him, but if your not going to then putting him with petey and brock makes sense. Brings fire to that line that when clicking can just dump points.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I really hope he steps in as a legit top6 winger. It would help our depth.

Good discussion above but I would only play Miller as a 3C if we could sign another top6 winger so that we could run three scoring lines. Maybe we wouldnt be outshot 2:1 all the time if we had three lines that could drive play. A Guy like Toffoli would be nice.. too bad..
Maybe Tatar or Schwartz ?

Podkolzin Petey Boeser
Pearson Horvat Hoglander
Xxxx JT Miller Schwartz

Leftover junk as the 4th line

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We can sign him now, right? So why not get it done? Benning too busy? Can he only do one thing at a time?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Yup. That Pearson contract will predictably bite us in the ass next season. I'd keep the lotto line intact and maybe try something like that

Miller - Petterson - Boeser
Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin
Pearson - C - RW

I have no idea how we're going to form a decent 3rd line given how tight we are up against the cap. This team has desperately needed a defensively competent 3rd line C for a while but here we are.

Pearson - Lind - Gadjovich?

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I dont like petterson as a center i'd rather have him on the wing.

Hoglander Miller Boeser
Petterson Horvat Podkolzin
Pearson Sutter Motte
What about EP at C do you not like? faceoffs?

He drives the play, very good defensively.

I do like Miller as C though, he seems much more engaged there. So....

your proposed lineup is intriguing. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try it. Although I hope we don't bring Sutter back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad