Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
How can you say Virtanen is average size and Tkachuk is “legitimately a big dude” when Virtanen is 1 inch shorter and 15+ pounds heavier?
Perhaps he meant height, as Mathew is two inches taller. He also plays way more physical.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
How can you say Virtanen is average size and Tkachuk is “legitimately a big dude” when Virtanen is 1 inch shorter and 15+ pounds heavier?
Tkachuk is 6’3 and virtanen is 6’1. The average size of an NHL players is 6’1. Virtanen is average height and around 10-15 pounds heavier than average/ although a lot of that is fat. Kid is strong but not particularly lean.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Perhaps he meant height, as Mathew is three inches taller. He also plays way more physical.
I’ve met both virtanen and tkachuk. Tkachuk is wayyyyyy bigger. Virtanen is just a regular sized dude, on and off the ice

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I’ve met both virtanen and tkachuk. Tkachuk is wayyyyyy bigger. Virtanen is just a regular sized dude, on and off the ice
Jake seems like he lacks that edge, jerk factor, that it takes to be a legit power forward. Guys like Kreider, kassian, Wilson, tkachuk are mean dudes.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Jake seems like he lacks that edge, jerk factor, that it takes to be a legit power forward. Guys like Kreider, kassian, Wilson, tkachuk are mean dudes.
100%. Virtanen has the tools but he doesn’t have the desire. He just isn’t a mean dude

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think that Jake may have a bit of that edge as well but maybe not to the same extent. I think he’s been trying to find his role on the team and is probably reluctant to play with too much of an edge because he’s always been on a pretty short leash.
Now that he’s more established and getting more comfortable we may see him being more aggressive like he was last game with the fight. I still think back to the WJC where he had that mean streak but probably realized that he needs to pick his spots better.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

He's 1 or 2 inches taller..........but at least 15-20 lbs less..........Tkachuk will look bigger as he's more built (albeit leaner). Jake's lean body mass is less therefore he doesn't look as big. But yeah......he's a heavy guy on the ice as he's typically listed as 220lbs or so (with Tkachuk being a tad over 200)

The average NHLer is 73.33" (6' 1 1/3") tall, weighs 204.42 lbs......putting Tkachuk's weight right around average and Jake's as significantly more than average.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
He's 1 or 2 inches taller..........but at least 15-20 lbs less..........Tkachuk will look bigger as he's more built (albeit leaner). Jake's lean body mass is less therefore he doesn't look as big. But yeah......he's a heavy guy on the ice as he's typically listed as 220lbs or so (with Tkachuk being a tad over 200)

The average NHLer is 73.33" (6' 1 1/3") tall, weighs 204.42 lbs......putting Tkachuk's weight right around average and Jake's as significantly more than average.
Tkahcuk is big and lean. Jake not so much. Extra fat isn’t an asset in hockey

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Tkahcuk is big and lean. Jake not so much. Extra fat isn’t an asset in hockey

Welllll..........in Jake's case I don't really see it being a detriment. It's not like he's slow.......quite the contrary. I'd rather see him as he is now at 220lbs and 13-15% Bodyfat than 205 and 10% BF as that extra weight is gonna allow him to be a lot heavier on the puck.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Welllll..........in Jake's case I don't really see it being a detriment. It's not like he's slow.......quite the contrary. I'd rather see him as he is now at 220lbs and 13-15% Bodyfat than 205 and 10% BF as that extra weight is gonna allow him to be a lot heavier on the puck.
Anyways, we are way off topic.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Tkachuk is 6’3 and virtanen is 6’1. The average size of an NHL players is 6’1. Virtanen is average height and around 10-15 pounds heavier than average/ although a lot of that is fat. Kid is strong but not particularly lean.
Who the hell is fat in the nhl nowdays theyre all highly conditioned athletes.
I think you making stuff up to suit your narative.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I could be wrong when i think of kessel .
Perhaps i spoke too hastly no disrespect intended.
Fat is all relative to your interpretation of “fat.” To an Average person, Jake is fit. To an elite athlete? No he isn’t. His cardio and physique are crap. That being said, I’m not trying to hate on the kid. He may figure it out one day.

Reactions: Teflon Jim

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Couple of assists today in 12 minutes of ice time. 8 in his last 12 games.
Shame the regular season is almost over since he’s finding his groove right now.

Excellent production down the stretch. For an 18 year old playing for a deep, powerhouse SKA team, is it safe to say this season has been a success for a 10th overall pick?

I'm not convinced this guy has high end offensive talent at the NHL level, but a JT Miller type is certainly a reasonable projection IMO. Just such a complete player.

Reactions: bh53

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I'm not convinced this guy has high end offensive talent at the NHL level, but a JT Miller type is certainly a reasonable projection IMO. Just such a complete player.

are you talking about jonathan tanner miller, the dude who is over ppg and leading our team in scoring and who has made sure ep skipped the sophomore slump? that jt miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad