Eklund Rumor: Vancouver talking to MTL,BUF,NYR

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider would be a good pickup for Vancouver. Edler and a 2018 2nd would have to be going back to New York though.
Lol you wasted your money being a sponsor because you valuation of players is terrible

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
How does this fool keep getting recognition here ? he must be paying off hfboards.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Why do the Rangers trade for Hutton? So Brendan Smith can share chicken fingers with someone in the luxury suite?

If the Rangers are going to trade with Vancouver, Brandon Sutter would make more sense.

And even then it doesn't make sense cause Brandon Sutter sucks

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
And even then it doesn't make sense cause Brandon Sutter sucks

Yeah, the only way I take Sutter is if Staal is going the other way. It makes sense in a needs manner for the Rangers, not sure of Vancouver's defensive situation, but from what I see, it's not the greatest. However, cap-wise, the Rangers can't even do this trade without Staal going the other way.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How are you basing that? Out of the 33 lines who've played 100 minutes 5v5 together, they're:

CF% - 17th
xGF% - 16th
GF% - 33rd
PDO - 90.9

I mean, they're awesome and unlucky, but Top-3? Come on.

First of all, I wanna see the source on that.

Also, we're measuring the analytics of a line on a shitty analytics team with a coach that tries to get outshot.

We also didn't even bother to mention production for a line whose moron coach doesn't play them that much.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Can't bash Eklund this time. There was a GM meeting today. Vancouver's GM probably did talk to those teams GM's. Probably doesn't mean squat, but on a technicality Eklund is correct.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
First of all, I wanna see the source on that.

Also, we're measuring the analytics of a line on a ****ty analytics team with a coach that tries to get outshot.

We also didn't even bother to mention production for a line whose moron coach doesn't play them that much.

Corsica line combos, adjusted, 100 minutes+.

Ok, but that's not what I was asking. I was wondering how you got to the conclusion they were a Top-3 line in the league.

Off the top of my head Giroux-Couturier-Voracek, Matthews-Willy-Hyman, and Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov are all much more effective in almost every way imaginable (there's more, I just named the first 3 that came to me).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Eklund... Lord Dark Helmet... Figurines scene. Search your feelings, you know it be true.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
Trading Hutton would be a huge mistake. If he can work on his shot and defensive stick work in the off-season, he has top-2 potential.

He's only 24. Not like he's on a decline.

Reactions: Tryampled

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Corsica line combos, adjusted, 100 minutes+.

Ok, but that's not what I was asking. I was wondering how you got to the conclusion they were a Top-3 line in the league.

Off the top of my head Giroux-Couturier-Voracek, Matthews-Willy-Hyman, and Barkov-Huberdeau-Dadonov are all much more effective in almost every way imaginable (there's more, I just named the first 3 that came to me).

Ok, they're not 3rd, but they're 7th in rel CF% and 7th in xGF% and 3 of the 6 teams ahead of them in both categories are different, so it's not outlandish to put them at at 4th or 5th, especially when their coach is benching them in third periods because Buchnevich is Russian.

Including the GF% is misleading because Lundqvist couldn't stop the f***ing Katamari Damacy ball this year.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's only 24.

24 is the new 42.

Brendan Smith is #42.

Smith to Vancouver for xxxxxxx!?!

I just cracked the code!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So that pretty much strikes Vancouver off the list of destinations for Kane (not that it was a thing, just confirmed by the presence of an Ek rumor as being a not thing.)

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Trading Hutton makes some sense because Pouliot plays much of the same game at a much lower cap cost (and is a year younger).

Hutton has 2 negatives - for a puck moving defenseman, he doesn't score much; only 19 points last season. Part of that is that Troy Stecher has surpassed him on the 1st PP unit and the Canucks of late have tended to use a 4 forward setup on the PP. The other negative is that can be prone to make mistakes in his own zone. He's not a giveaway machine, but he sometimes tries to do too much with the puck.

The other - off ice negative, is that he has a cap hit of $2.8M with another year remaining after this one. In contrast, Derrik Pouliot is only earning $800K and is an RFA this summer.

This makes Hutton expendable, but not disposable. I would think there would be interest from Edmonton, Toronto, Philadelphia and Montreal who all need defense and particularly a player who can transition the puck. But Hutton is not a big move. If they are looking for a more significant player, Tanev would make an immediate impact, but the price would be pretty high.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Buffalo adds a bit. Also depends on if we draft a dman this year.

Why does Buffalo add? A potential 1 or at worst 2 center and they have to add for a prospect aka mystery box who has proven nothing. Sam is an NHL player right now... Bottom line... Juolevi is good but... How good. Not sure hes worth a 1 or 2 center.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Not commenting on the “speculation” but I want to take the opportunity to give Thanks to HF and the Mod team(s) for choosing a new forum that shows the Eklund tag on Mobile. I, for one, appreciate it.
It's also the color of poop which is appropriate for Eklund rumors.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hutton is a guy the Habs could use since we're lacking in PMD's but I'm not sure if he's the solution for our top 4 LD problem. He would probably be an upgrade over anyone we have there right now but I don't see him as a miracle maker or anything so it might not be a good idea to spend our assets to get him. Galchenyuk for Hutton is not fair, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad