Eklund Rumor: Vancouver talking to MTL,BUF,NYR

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
k

ane is from vancouver so maybe he'd take a hometown discount

Haha.... I can't speak for Kane I dont know the guy personally, but he doesn't seem like the type to take a hometown discount. But more importantly, any good agent would tell him to wait for free agency.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'd love Hutton in MTL, but not at the expense of Galchenyuk. The value isn't there.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Its Eklund, which means its all BS, but even he mentioned "serious prospects not yet in the NHL they could deal".
EP and OJ are likely untouchable with the seasons they are having. Lind/Gadj are having great draft + 1. Gaudette is a prize, and Lockwood is looking like a steal. Brisbois and Shatfield look like future 5/6 dmen.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think Hutton will follow a similar career parabola to Jeff Petry. Good player on a trash team, traded to a good team then looks like crap.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I've never really been a part of the trade Edler movement, but we have Hutton, Del Zotto, and Pouliot on the left side now.

Edler should be moved at this point.

But it's clear that Benning needs the team to be good to save his job

Henrique for Edler?

Both contracts expire after 2018-19. Henrique is 1 million cheaper.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think Hutton will follow a similar career parabola to Jeff Petry. Good player on a trash team, traded to a good team then looks like crap.

Petry has looked like crap for maybe 20 games in his entire tenure in Montreal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Henrique for Edler?

Both contracts expire after 2018-19. Henrique is 1 million cheaper.
Dont see the point in it really. We have too many forwards, albeit a bunch of meh ones. We need space up front too.

Would have the exact same issue. In the summer I'd do that with the sedins gone..

But management would probably take that deal since we are having trouble scoring.

Edler says no.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I've never really been a part of the trade Edler movement, but we have Hutton, Del Zotto, and Pouliot on the left side now.

Edler has already stated that he's not waiving his NTC, Maybe in his last season when the Nucks are out of it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Dont see the point in it really. We have too many forwards, albeit a bunch of meh ones. We need space up front too.

Would have the exact same issue. In the summer I'd do that with the sedins gone..

But management would probably take that deal since we are having trouble scoring.

Edler says no.

After I wrote that, I realized how many forwards the Canucks have. They're probably better off liquidating Edler for futures rather than an NHL player.

Devils are in the same boat right now with an excess of forwards, but they really lack another reliable veteran defender outside of Greene. Edler could be the perfect 2LD for a couple years for the Devils to give them a second stable partner for the kids behind Greene.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
NYR are not buyers and we won`t move a forward for D prospect like Ben Hutton, because this year we lack depth with our core of forwards after we moved Stepan for future last summer!

Reactions: torirose1998

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Every team wants Galchenyuk... 4 goals, minus 7..... what a stud.
Here's a few more studs.:popcorn:
Crosby 6 goal - 14
Stepan--2 goals -7
Reinhart 3 goals -7
Okposo 2 goals -10
Fiala 1 goal -4
Zuccarello 3 goals -6
Kreider 5 goals-7

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...treal-Buffalo-and-NYR-Are-they-Buyers/1/88936
According to Eklund Van has been talking to these three teams, and he has heard Hutton as a D to be moved.

Personally the only forwards I could see JB target from either club would be

MTL- Galchenyuk
NYR- JT Miller or Chris Krieder
BUF- Kane(w/ extension) or Reinhart

IDK what those kind of deals could possibly look like.

Don't bother lookin if that's all you ca see.
Miller, Kreider not being moved

Reactions: torirose1998

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Kreider is a top 20 winger in the NHL. Unless its Malkin coming back, forget it

Only 1 person has this mentality. The same guy who wants to trade for Chara and play him on our 4th line wing. And trade for Mackinnon and move him to wing, all while we move Zibanejad to wing as well.

Stop the nonsense, you’re better than that.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...treal-Buffalo-and-NYR-Are-they-Buyers/1/88936
According to Eklund Van has been talking to these three teams, and he has heard Hutton as a D to be moved.

Personally the only forwards I could see JB target from either club would be

MTL- Galchenyuk
NYR- JT Miller or Chris Krieder
BUF- Kane(w/ extension) or Reinhart

IDK what those kind of deals could possibly look like.

Something around granlund/sutter for a rangers view I think

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017

That's the issue right now,

Before Benning was bad just because he's not very smart.

But now,with the teams start, he thinks he can win the cup this year, and on the other end, probably is a little job scared as this is the year a lot of old salaries come off the books and rumor was Aqua wasn't firing anyone as he was sick of paying people who were fired.

The deal that makes sense, is Tanev to Buffalo for Reinhart, the fact it hasn't happened yet is mind-boggling.

In reality, I think it's that he knows he was caught with his pants down twice on the Gudbransson front, once when Tallon suckered him hook line and sinker into an obvious trap, and once again when Tallon leaked (No proof, but come on) that they had tried to trade Gidbransson back for Demurs.

With that one leak, Tallon like Gudz know he will sign him in the offseason without risking a tampering charge (One might ask...why the hell do they want him back?!! I think it has to do with fan recognition and ticket sales, I think he actually puts butts in seats in FLA) and also let Gudbransson know Benning had tried to trade him.

Consequently, there is ZERO chance Gudbransson signs here (On no) Benning is desperate to cover for one of his more embarrassing (And he has TONS) mistakes, he HAS to get something for Gudbransson, and he's not going to wait till the deadline to do it, if he doesn't he will look like a class A idiot....In the interest of civility, I'll leave it at that

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
mckenzie report two of those teams, habs and rangers, were looking for a forward earlier this week. mckenzie > eklund.

iso f the canucks are talking to these teams it would seem more likely to be about a canuck forward not a dman, unless benning is packaging a dman and a forward...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad