Eklund Rumor: Vancouver talking to MTL,BUF,NYR

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Reactions: Ori

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol..JB has a history of signing aging vets. Why all of a sudden is he targeting high end young players? And what is he giving up to get them? How or why is Kane agreeing to a sign and trade? So many issues with this post.

If JB is smart, he is shopping vets on Vancouver for picks and prospects.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lol..JB has a history of signing aging vets. Why all of a sudden is he targeting high end young players? And what is he giving up to get them? How or why is Kane agreeing to a sign and trade? So many issues with this post.

If JB is smart, he is shopping vets on Vancouver for picks and prospects.
I've never really been a part of the trade Edler movement, but we have Hutton, Del Zotto, and Pouliot on the left side now.

Edler should be moved at this point.

But it's clear that Benning needs the team to be good to save his job

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I hate to say it, but Hutton is expendable imo. I like his personality and his speed but the Canucks have too many middling depth options right now; they have Tryamkin, Juolevi, Holm, and McEneny who could all step in within the next 1-3 years too (Tryamkin has two more years in the KHL as a result of his most recent contract, but he left because he wasn't happy with his deployment and the Canucks wouldn't pay him what they paid Hutton). If they could package Hutton for a good young forward that would be a savvy hockey deal. If the Canucks are still contending by the deadline, it would allow them to move a spare veteran forward for picks and assets without losing much ground.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I can't understand why anyone would take an Eklund rumour as serious. GM's are talking to other GM's all the time, how is this news?

Reactions: nucks88

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...treal-Buffalo-and-NYR-Are-they-Buyers/1/88936
According to Eklund Van has been talking to these three teams, and he has heard Hutton as a D to be moved.

Personally the only forwards I could see JB target from either club would be

MTL- Galchenyuk
NYR- JT Miller or Chris Krieder
BUF- Kane(w/ extension) or Reinhart

IDK what those kind of deals could possibly look like.
its almost certainly neither one of those players from NYR

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I've never really been a part of the trade Edler movement, but we have Hutton, Del Zotto, and Pouliot on the left side now.

Edler should be moved at this point.

But it's clear that Benning needs the team to be good to save his job

Edler has an NTC and has stated he will not waive. I could see him doing it next year TDL when the twins are gone and it is apparent that the team will not re-sign him.

I can't understand why anyone would take an Eklund rumour as serious. GM's are talking to other GM's all the time, how is this news?

I mostly posted this because of the Hutton rumor over Gudbrandson and specific to 3 teams that are known to be looking for D.
The Rangers are not trading Kreider.

He's part of one of the top 3 best lines in the NHL right now.

The players i listed as targets are the only ones I personally could see JB targeting, they are not part of the rumor.

member 105785

He's got a better record than a lot of people think, if he just reports everything he hears then it explains why he's wrong a lot.

I recall he had an article where he said Kovalchuk was looking for a 17 year deal over a week before he signed and everyone here said he was a hack.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=29260

In this article he was correct about the Kovalchuk contract, Demitra to the KHL, Frolov to NYR, the Sharks still looking for another goalie after signing Antero Nittymaki (everyone called him a hack, again), Zherdev to PHI and Guerin to PHI

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
i would like Hutton on Buffalo I'm willing to try out any young D at this point, but not for Kane.

And I doubt Kane would do a sign and trade unless VAN ponies up some mega $$$ long term to him. If Kane has a 30 goal year, which he is on pace to surpass easily, he will probably want to hit the open market and see what the offers are

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Ben Hutton is worth half of JT Miller or Chris Kreider

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Why do the Rangers trade for Hutton? So Brendan Smith can share chicken fingers with someone in the luxury suite?

If the Rangers are going to trade with Vancouver, Brandon Sutter would make more sense.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
k
i would like Hutton on Buffalo I'm willing to try out any young D at this point, but not for Kane.

And I doubt Kane would do a sign and trade unless VAN ponies up some mega $$$ long term to him. If Kane has a 30 goal year, which he is on pace to surpass easily, he will probably want to hit the open market and see what the offers are
ane is from vancouver so maybe he'd take a hometown discount

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I'd like to see Pouliot continue his play for an extended period to see if Hutton is truly expendable. Pouliot right now is making him easily available but if he regresses back into the player he was in Pittsburgh getting rid of Hutton would turn into a nightmare

I'd love a good young forward out of him + a pick but don't know if the value is there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad