Vancouver Sports Media Thread. Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
Not me, I'd be fine with more US content. It's much better than most of the local stuff. The content I can't stand is the niche broadcasts like Canadians baseball or stuff like that on both stations at the same time. There should always be some 'general' sports talk on one of the stations.

Agreed. Also, there's way too much soccer stuff; at times on both 1040 and 1410.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Agreed. Also, there's way too much soccer stuff; at times on both 1040 and 1410.

I am extremely interested in what the ratings are on for things like Canadians baseball, and yes the last the other sports like Whitecaps or Mariners games.

The Mariners broadcasts seem insane to me. There is such a small percentage on MLB fans in general out here, and then from there you are creating an even smaller submarket of Mariners fans.

I've said before, if you want to have 1410 be purely live sporting events then that's fine..but you cannot have another sporting event on 1040 at the same time. At least give the casual fan who has a 30 minute drive somewhere an option for listening to some form of sports talk radio.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
Larry and Willy would do a better job then these two asshats.

So would Tom and Jerry, Sonny and Cher, Penn and Teller, Abbott and Costello, Cagney and Lace....
Do I need to go on? When your show has ZERO entertainment value, anybody would be an improvement.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
Believe it or not, we do have a pro soccer team in town.

I don't deny this. It's just that I hate soccer and would prefer there to be much less chatter about it on 1040, especially from the likes of blo jake, pratt and bob/moj, none of which seem to have any knowledge of the sport, and I would submit they couldn't care less about it, either. The whitecaps' TV #'s would suggest few care about them, as well.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I don't deny this. It's just that I hate soccer and would prefer there to be much less chatter about it on 1040, especially from the likes of blo jake, pratt and bob/moj, none of which seem to have any knowledge of the sport, and I would submit they couldn't care less about it, either. The whitecaps' TV #'s would suggest few care about them, as well.

Well its not all about what you want. I love the Caps and enjoy listening to stuff about them.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Anybody hear iMac with the afternoon show say he can't really comment on Cole Cassels because he doesn't have the chance to watch the AHL?

I hate how lazy our media are. It's 2016 & we DO have sites for streaming the AHL.

Or Pratt going on this morning on how "we got another show outta this" referring to Torts' comments about the anthem. It's like he was boasting they got another 4+ hours from the low hanging fruit...

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Anybody hear iMac with the afternoon show say he can't really comment on Cole Cassels because he doesn't have the chance to watch the AHL?

I hate how lazy our media are. It's 2016 & we DO have sites for streaming the AHL.

Or Pratt going on this morning on how "we got another show outta this" referring to Torts' comments about the anthem. It's like he was boasting they got another 4+ hours from the low hanging fruit...

Yeah I heard that and thought the exact same thing.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER

I don't think anybody familiar with iMac's work would be surprised to hear that.

Tony Gallagher is off Canucks pre-game shows on TSN1040 this season. Looks like they're really battening down the hatches in what will be a year of suck.

No room for dissenting voices at the rightsholder!

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I was listening to the morning show this morning from about 830 to 10. Edwards simply disappeared. I noticed that Pratt was doing all the intros and everything. He was there at 830 and then vanished around 9.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I was listening to the morning show this morning from about 830 to 10. Edwards simply disappeared. I noticed that Pratt was doing all the intros and everything. He was there at 830 and then vanished around 9.

Ya he left early today actually. :laugh: unfortunately he's not being phased out.

It's a shame that we lost Gallagher. The last critical voice on 1040. Now it's going to be house radio and Pom Poms . Some on here are going to love it.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Ya he left early today actually. :laugh: unfortunately he's not being phased out.

It's a shame that we lost Gallagher. The last critical voice on 1040. Now it's going to be house radio and Pom Poms . Some on here are going to love it.
Damn.

I like Botch on the radio too. It's best when we casn't see his smug face.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Tony Gallagher is off Canucks pre-game shows on TSN1040 this season. Looks like they're really battening down the hatches in what will be a year of suck.
That is disappointing. He was the only thing I enjoyed about the pre-game last season.

I don't think anybody familiar with iMac's work would be surprised to hear that
Thats true! I just wish one of the big names there put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad