Vancouver Sports Media Thread. Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
I have to suffer through the personality-less likes of Agro, Osmak and whoever guy they put on the right side.

Ken Reid and Jaime Thomas are their co-anchors. Osmak alone is worth the price of admission, she's smoking hot. Let me guess you prefer the big brute Jennifer Hedger over at TSN :laugh:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Ken Reid and Jaime Thomas are their co-anchors. Osmak alone is worth the price of admission, she's smoking hot. Let me guess you prefer the big brute Jennifer Hedger over at TSN :laugh:

I like Kate at TSN better. For looks and broadcasting, plus she is a athlete. No clue if Osmak is or not.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So in one year we lose Sportsnet Pacific (I mean the real SNP with Don Taylor not the crap broadcasted from Toronto with Osmak and whats his face) and now we have no local programming on TSN 1040 on non game nights. Perfect time for someone to swoop in and fill the void. Right now there is nothing for BC sports fans after 6pm.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I freaking adore Kate Beirness, lol.

Shocking decision, though I'm sure they have their (monetary) reasons. Would love for scotty to go back to mornings, you know, when the morning show was actually a joy to listen to.

Don't know if the other TSN radio stations received cuts like we did but I wouldn't be surprised if this is TSN's way to move to the model ESPN and Fox have with minimal local content and the rest national. But with all the cuts they just made, I can't see them paying for a new coast to coast evening show.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
So in one year we lose Sportsnet Pacific (I mean the real SNP with Don Taylor not the crap broadcasted from Toronto with Osmak and whats his face) and now we have no local programming on TSN 1040 on non game nights. Perfect time for someone to swoop in and fill the void. Right now there is nothing for BC sports fans after 6pm.

doesn't rintoul have his evening show anymore?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
doesn't rintoul have his evening show anymore?

Nope just got cut. He will do the Canucks postgame show but I think that has been reduced to 1 hour now with no extra afterwards. No more 1 hour postgame show then 2 more hours of Patterson or whoever. What a great time to be a Canucks fan!!

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Whats happening to Patterson now?

I actually really liked him, his analysis was in depth and he was good at stirring conversation and relative talk.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Rintoul's show got cut? Lmbo 1040 is absolute garbage fire right now. Sports media is pretty much dead in Vancouver at this point

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
The bean counters at Bell are ruining TSN 1040. Scott Rintoul has the best show on the station and they decide to cut it. If they needed to cut programming, the morning show is where they should have started. The sad fact is Bell is still making millions in profit. They are cutting staff to appease their shareholders.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I freaking adore Kate Beirness, lol.

Don't know if the other TSN radio stations received cuts like we did but I wouldn't be surprised if this is TSN's way to move to the model ESPN and Fox have with minimal local content and the rest national. But with all the cuts they just made, I can't see them paying for a new coast to coast evening show.

Kate Beirness looks like a robot.

bobaloo88

Jun 7, 2014
The bean counters at Bell are ruining TSN 1040. Scott Rintoul has the best show on the station and they decide to cut it. If they needed to cut programming, the morning show is where they should have started. The sad fact is Bell is still making millions in profit. They are cutting staff to appease their shareholders.

Does anyone on here know ANYONE that likes 1040's morning show?. I don't know even one person that enjoys listening to blo jake.:shakehead

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Does anyone on here know ANYONE that likes 1040's morning show?. I don't know even one person that enjoys listening to blo jake.:shakehead

The ratings for the show are there. If they were not, he would be gone. Sad but true.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Rintoul's show got cut? Lmbo 1040 is absolute garbage fire right now. Sports media is pretty much dead in Vancouver at this point

He's actually on right now, maybe this is the last week. Going to be weird to have no Vancouver sports radio or broadcast after 6pm :shakehead

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Miscellaneous thoughts, since I enjoy this thread:

Carly Agro.........I feel sorry for the woman that gave birth to those shoulders. Wow.

Tim and Sid are super annoying to me now. Liked them when they were on the Score, but now they think they are big time media celebrities and are more interested in hamming it up than actually talking sports.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Kara Wagland on TSN on weekends is smoking...

On weekdays, Natasha on eye catching.

Hedger is good. Loved her on the Lofters. Wish they would re-run that show. I wonder if her job would be in jeopardy if they re-ran some of the Lofters Love Shack episodes.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Need another talk show like what Dan Russell ran for his tenure. I grew up to that show being on every night, and always listened while I went to sleep. Whether you agreed with what he said, or whoever he had on that night, it was still good.

Now we have....nothing? Or sometimes something on 1040? I honestly wouldn't even know...I don't listen to any of those talking heads speak, nor do I even know who to listen to if I were going to start.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Need another talk show like what Dan Russell ran for his tenure. I grew up to that show being on every night, and always listened while I went to sleep. Whether you agreed with what he said, or whoever he had on that night, it was still good.

Now we have....nothing? Or sometimes something on 1040? I honestly wouldn't even know...I don't listen to any of those talking heads speak, nor do I even know who to listen to if I were going to start.

Russell was outstanding prior to the point where he lost his mind. Up until about '95, his show was a must for any sports fan in Vancouver or BC.

He went off the rails after he was passed over for Jim Robson's job and made his show a soapbox to run the Canucks organization down. It cost him his show, his subsequent show and now any work at all. It's pretty sad. Wish he would get his head out of his ass.....I read his twitter sometimes and it's the same negative ********.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Russell was outstanding prior to the point where he lost his mind. Up until about '95, his show was a must for any sports fan in Vancouver or BC.

He went off the rails after he was passed over for Jim Robson's job and made his show a soapbox to run the Canucks organization down. It cost him his show, his subsequent show and now any work at all. It's pretty sad. Wish he would get his head out of his ass.....I read his twitter sometimes and it's the same negative ********.

Yeah it's sad how bitter he became. He had a great show, and it'll be a long time before someone steps up and is able to have a show that was as good. The older he got, the more bitter he became...how fitting.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Yeah it's sad how bitter he became. He had a great show, and it'll be a long time before someone steps up and is able to have a show that was as good. The older he got, the more bitter he became...how fitting.

He was an idiot that blew his chance. I mean, he did some WHL games, and lost out to Jim Hughson who was doing the NHL broadcasts on TSN. No shame in losing out to a better candidate.

Had he taken it like a man, he could have interviewed for the job a couple of years later after Hughson signed on with CBC.

But, no he didn't. And John Shorthouse got the job after Hughson departed for CBC.

Lesson here, don't burn bridges. Especially when you are in a very narrow industry with few opportunities becoming available.

He's not an accountant that can go from manufacturing, to high tech, to banking, etc.

Like if any of the Team 1040 guys start mouthing off this week about losing their job, they would blow any chance of getting back on the air in the future.

LuongosTirePump

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
The state of Vancouver sports radio is so depressing. Patterson's dismissal is so unfortunate. The guy put in some serious hours and offered such great Canucks coverage. Now the news of Rintoul's show being cancelled...it can't really get much worse from here. Local sports coverage will take a major hit. I can't believe that there will be no local sports broadcasts after 6pm, it's criminal.

1040 is so far down the toilet, there's literally the midday show and nothing else now. You'd think in this day and age that coverage would continue to improve, rather then dramatically decreasing in frequency, and quality.

Celebrity birthdays should never be a full segment on sports radio, let alone everyday....on two different shows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad