Vancouver Sports Media Thread. Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver/BC really needs a competitor to TSN 1040. Whenever a monopoly takes hold of a market the product goes to **** and that is what we have right now. I've barely listened to the show since they cut most of the late weeknight coverage and whenever I try to tune in now I shut it off after a few minutes. During the day at the office I'd rather listen to a Toronto station for the chance at some Jays talk than listen to Donny, Bro or Pratt go on about their weekend or some nostalgic announcer from the 70's.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Always had a soft spot in my heart for Jeff Patterson and Brook Ward....true survivors in a real tough business....guess they'll both have some roles in the upcoming hockey season.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
I've not always been a fan of Gallagher, at various points hate-reading him, but he was refreshingly critical and told the best stories on the pre-game shows. The continuous Gillis shilling got annoying, but he was the only person on the station willing to criticize the management.

IMO the Canucks view 1040 as an arm of its PR department and will remove anyone who doesn't align with its mission.

Vancouver/BC really needs a competitor to TSN 1040. Whenever a monopoly takes hold of a market the product goes to **** and that is what we have right now. I've barely listened to the show since they cut most of the late weeknight coverage and whenever I try to tune in now I shut it off after a few minutes. During the day at the office I'd rather listen to a Toronto station for the chance at some Jays talk than listen to Donny, Bro or Pratt go on about their weekend or some nostalgic announcer from the 70's.

Yeah. While I'm pretty strongly anti-Sportsnet, I'd like it if they launched a Vancouver sports talk station to force 1040 to up its game. I doubt the market could support two sports stations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad