Vancouver Media Thread- V

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't thought, "damn I miss Botch." or wondered what his take would be on this or that. There's been so many things over the past 2 years that he would have been all over.

I like that Wyatt, Drance, and Harm have continued the Armies in his name, but nothing comes close to what the Provies/Armies were. Some dark points during the really lean years I remember reading Botch's work, or listening to the Patcast were the highlights of the season.

One of the saddest things about 1040's demise is that we seemingly lost all the 1040 ld interviews that Botch did.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
When will Halford & Brough be rewarded with a 4 hour show till 10AM? When I hear Rintoul's voice at 9 I change the station.....just not a good radio voice.
6 to 9 is great with HB. At 9 the radio goes to 980 CKNW.

Reactions: nucks88

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When will Halford & Brough be rewarded with a 4 hour show till 10AM? When I hear Rintoul's voice at 9 I change the station.....just not a good radio voice.
Not sure it will be a "Reward" for them. Was there a bump in pay for the 1040 crews when Bro Jake/Pratt went off the radio and they moved from 4 shows down to 3?

I think SN will eventually get down to 3 shows to save money. Probably just a matter of getting through the end of the contracts for 1 or 2 hosts. 3 person crew for the afternoon show doesn't seem natural.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Not sure it will be a "Reward" for them. Was there a bump in pay for the 1040 crews when Bro Jake/Pratt went off the radio and they moved from 4 shows down to 3?

I think SN will eventually get down to 3 shows to save money. Probably just a matter of getting through the end of the contracts for 1 or 2 hosts. 3 person crew for the afternoon show doesn't seem natural.

I think they're "saving" by having the Rintoul and Surman show on in two cities.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
This morning another gold from H&R 2nd hour (getting John Garrett instead of John Shorthouse). Two weeks in a roll. Was it planned?

Shorty pranked the show by giving Garrett's number instead of his own number to call. Dom (the producer) didn't notice it was Garrett so Halford and Brough were the ones to discover it was Garrett live on air.

No way this was planned, absolute gold

Reactions: mossey3535

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shorty pranked the show by giving Garrett's number instead of his own number to call. Dom (the producer) didn't notice it was Garrett so Halford and Brough were the ones to discover it was Garrett live on air.

No way this was planned, absolute gold
That does kind of show how Not on top of the job the producer is. Shouldn’t any producer a few minutes before the segment goes live contact the number making sure the guest ready and they have the correct number especially if it’s the first time they are doing a call?
Guess it keeps them on brand a a couple of morons who somehow have a show.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

B-Mac on today- hopefully he talks a little baseball... one of the few along with Rob Fai that can actually talk Major Leagues. Sad how the media concentration has turned this city into an even worse one horse town.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Never understood why people in this town want to talk Canucks all day every day. That people get upset when sports talk shows do a weekly 10 minute segment on the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.

How many ways can you spin 1 press conference or the results of the game from the prior evening?

Reactions: Dab

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Never understood why people in this town want to talk Canucks all day every day. That people get upset when sports talk shows do a weekly 10 minute segment on the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc.

How many ways can you spin 1 press conference or the results of the game from the prior evening?

Because for the most part fans in this city don't care about anything else. They are canucks fans, not hockey fans.

(Not everyone but the majority.)

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
For most of his career, he was known as Barry Macdonald. Then one night when Randorff had his show on CKNW, he mentioned they had Barry Macdonald coming on... "BARRY MAC!!". From there he became known as Barry MAC for a short time. When 1040 started, they adopted rock n roll nick names as much as possible....some even bordering on hip hop. Barry then became BMAC. Great broadcaster, and even loved to shoehorn baseball into any discussion (Taylor, I remember that episode on The Brady Bunch where Greg got his own room....Barry - yeah kind of like in baseball when ..... ) However, I would disagree with the moniker today on Taylor and Cherry about a MacDonald being "Legendary Broadcaster".

Reactions: Dab

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
In the latest episode of "Sekeres and Price show", during their "Welcome Matt?" segment, Sekeres talked about the situation surrounding Green & Management/Ownership and my god it came across like the Canucks are some 2nd rate organization.
Pissed me off actually, cause although i was in my early teens during the Gillis era, the Organization never came across or felt like that, for me it was actually the opposite.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
In the latest episode of "Sekeres and Price show", during their "Welcome Matt?" segment, Sekeres talked about the situation surrounding Green & Management/Ownership and my god it came across like the Canucks are some 2nd rate organization.
Pissed me off actually, cause although i was in my early teens during the Gillis era, the Organization never came across or felt like that, for me it was actually the opposite.
We’ve been mostly second rate (Mickey Mouse) except for when we’ve had Quinn, Burke, and Gillis. And Benning era is horrid. It’s lower than the worst

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When the Canucks want to sign someone, they typically go ahead and make it happen.

An optimist would see that as maybe Green won't be back, and hopefully neither will Benning.

But, that's being too optimistic.

Torts, Tocchet, and Quinn all coached out the season then were announced would not be back (whatever wording you want to use for Torts and Tocchet, in the end, there is a coaching change in CBS/AZ). See it with Trotz, he didn't get his deal with Washington then moved onto the NYI. At this stage of the season, if a HC doesn't have a contract for next season, it's pretty much that ownership has decided to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad