Vancouver Media Thread- V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Thats a textbook strawman fallacy. Its not about defending Sekeres, the issue is that Imac is a shill posing as an objective journalist.
Again, ..he's more of a 'reporter' than a journalist....Botchford was journalist,Gallagher was a journalist...Its a different style..Rarely, does iMac break anything groundbreaking, but what he reports is considered a fact by the fanbase at large...

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Whether or not he was right or wrong, most of what Sekeres has reported the answer has been what you'd expect it to be.

Boeser trade rumors? Of course the team is going to deny that.

Hughes iv story? Young ultra competitive player denies something that makes him look weak, right before big contract negotiations.

Rift in the dressing room? Even if there was, the answer from the players and team would be exactly the same. You think horvat is going to do a media hit and say "yeah f*** that Miller guy...."

Granted, I think Sekeres in an effort to be first, doesn't do enough vetting, and that's what leads to this.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Again, ..he's more of a 'reporter' than a journalist....Botchford was journalist,Gallagher was a journalist...Its a different style..Rarely, does iMac break anything groundbreaking, but what he reports is considered a fact by the fanbase at large...
I’d say Rick Westhead is a journalist. Have him be the standard for that word.
Then decide if any of those names of Botch, Gallagher, etc should be held in the same breath and work down from that.

I agree that IMac is a reporter by job title.

most others I would classify as Media. Which I would put Botch, Sekeras, Sat, etc.

I think people in sports fall into:
journalists, very few of them around these days. People who spend time investigating real issues. Takes time to vet and confirm the sources.
Media almost all radio or TV people
Reporter - print or online people
Insider, this is Friedman, Dreger, McKenzie, etc.
Analyst, looks into the actual on field actions and breaks that down.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Pot calling kettle...?

He just 'reports'....Its like getting mad at the newspaper headlines, or an inanimate object thats giving you the facts..Hardly worth getting bent out of shape over.

He doesnt report, he is brown nosing. He is spreading Bennings lies and he does everything in his power to make the Canucks look as good as possible. You couldnt shill any harder if you tried.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
I don't get anyone that takes IMac's side in this feud. The amount of f- Sekeres comments in the Canucks subreddit is disturbing.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
I gotta stop reading anything from Drance. How is he supposed to be taken seriously with shit like this?

Drance: Canucks leadership vacuum isn't patience or due diligence. It's just unfair to fans and all involved

Those familiar with ownership’s view of the matter have suggested that the club’s on-ice struggles are — quite rightly — seen as intolerable. There’s a view, one Benning himself holds, that the club needs to be woken up. Needs to get back to working hard, even though the club’s effort hasn’t seemed to be at issue most nights.

How does he write this bullshit? Is there even an editor at The Athletic?

We're gonna see a picture of him with Green like iMac with Aqua soon enough.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I gotta stop reading anything from Drance. How is he supposed to be taken seriously with shit like this?

Drance: Canucks leadership vacuum isn't patience or due diligence. It's just unfair to fans and all involved

He doesn't say he views it that way. He says that it's a view out there, one Benning himself holds. It's a stupid position, but he's reporting on it, not taking it himself.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
He doesn't say he views it that way. He says that it's a view out there, one Benning himself holds. It's a stupid position, but he's reporting on it, not taking it himself.
I'm referring to the bolded. He's injecting that the team's effort isn't the issue most nights. That is absolutely not true. That is Drance's personal opinion right there.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I'm referring to the bolded. He's injecting that the team's effort isn't the issue most nights. That is absolutely not true. That is Drance's personal opinion right there.

You've misread it. Despite the period after "woken up," the fragment that follows is the second element in the list of two things that are included in Benning's "view."

"Green Blank Stare likes apples. Likes pears."

That means that GBS likes both apples and pears.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
'sitting in the basement' is hardly derogatory,,.Yet him calling posters a 'shill' isnt derogatory..? ..Stitching together quotes to use them out of context has been the posters bread and butter since I've been here.

If it wasn't derogatory then what did you mean by it?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nothing there is remotely out of context and implying that someone is ‘sitting in their basement with lots of free time’ is definitely a personal shot.
Not really...

Speaking of iMac...

" can't stand IMac. The guy is an idiot. But he clearly has good sources and what he reports is highly credible."..MS​

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not really...

Speaking of iMac...

" can't stand IMac. The guy is an idiot. But he clearly has good sources and what he reports is highly credible."..MS​

In terms of information, yes. If IMac says ‘this is what the club is thinking’ it is highly credible because you know he’s been handed it straight from the team.

However, a) he will not report things negative to the team and b) his editorial slant is ridiculously pro-team.

There is no contradiction there.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

I ordinarily like Drance but I agree he’s been soft these last few months when it’s been time to pour on the pressure for regime change. With a GM change likely on the horizon (it has to be inevitable, right?) Drancer probably sees an opportunity to ingratiate himself to Francesco in hopes of scoring a job with the team.

Reactions: Timmer44

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
In terms of information, yes. If IMac says ‘this is what the club is thinking’ it is highly credible because you know he’s been handed it straight from the team.

However, a) he will not report things negative to the team and b) his editorial slant is ridiculously pro-team.

There is no contradiction there.
There is contradiction there...,..you will literally say anything to suit your narrative...
. "But he (iMac) clearly has good sources and what he reports is highly credible."...MS

200w.gif

Last edited:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I ordinarily like Drance but I agree he’s been soft these last few months when it’s been time to pour on the pressure for regime change. With a GM change likely on the horizon (it has to be inevitable, right?) Drancer probably sees an opportunity to ingratiate himself to Francesco in hopes of scoring a job with the team.
He was dancing around it for a bit before. He’s not anymore, though.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There is contradiction there...,..you will literally say anything to suit your narrative...
. "But he (iMac) clearly has good sources and what he reports is highly credible."...MS

View attachment 485251

WHOOSH. Just keep repeating what you posted before.

Again, there is a difference between reporting of events and editorializing. If IMac reports that the club is looking to trade Bo Horvat, this is highly credible. If IMac editorializes that the team is hugely improved from last season, that's pro-team rubbish.

And you can report things accurately while also being incomplete in your reporting and only posting things that suit your agenda. That doesn't mean that you aren't correctly reporting those things that suit your agenda.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Sekeres was right

Sekeres was right and iMac is still a spineless puppet

I think you may have interpreted Friedman's comments incorrectly. What Sekeres said was that Horvat (or according to Price, his leadership style) is only being followed by Pearson. Most of us interpreted that as Sekeres suggesting that there is a rift in the locker room.

That's not what Friedman confirmed. Friedman previously spoke of "factions" that developed in the Canucks front office. He was not talking about the players.

I said this only having read the reports and not the actual podcasts so if I'm wrong, please correct me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad