Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Jan 11 | 4:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s the term AND the cost. It’s going to cost Boeser. Benning f***ed us for another decade.
It’s going to take 15+ years to rid the team of the Benning mess. It’s friggin’ crazy that guy will effectively screw up our club for that long. That’s pretty much one full generation of fans with no interest in the Canucks. Very bad for business.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
It’s going to take 15+ years to rid the team of the Benning mess. It’s friggin’ crazy that guy will effectively screw up our club for that long. That’s pretty much one full generation of fans with no interest in the Canucks. Very bad for business.

Hockey has generally always been like that. It’s unique compared to other sports. In the NFL the 30th team can be the 4th best team in literally 1 off season. It’s happened many times. In soccer , same thing. Basketball as well, couple good trades and the entire next year is different. In hockey , you lock up your team for a decade with 4-5 bad moves. That’s where we are. Some reasons are

Reactions: Indiana and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hockey has generally always been like that. It’s unique compared to other sports. In the NFL the 30th team can be the 4th best team in literally 1 off season. It’s happened many times. In soccer , same thing. Basketball as well, couple good trades and the entire next year is different. In hockey , you lock up your team for a decade with 4-5 bad moves. That’s where we are. Some reasons are

How many kids follow the Canucks? Not nearly so many as did a decade ago. Add another six years to losing young fans, and there won’t be hardly any left, except for the hardcore hockey players. I can see the Canucks heading to a very dark era, much like the Lions are in now. And it’s thanks to Jim Benning.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
The OEL contract is freaking anchor on our club.

Dim...,,

screw-you-eric-cartman.gif

likash

Apr 17, 2019
A few months ago you were complaining that the contract was too short and that Benning should have left room to offer him more money.
Even if he bombs this season Petey has value and only 2 years left. OEL has negative value because of his contract.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
this game solidifies my stance that we need to trade miller and horvat for prospects. yes they are our best players and on the best contracts, which is why we should take advantage of that situation to help us get over the edge later. we wont be winning anything as is and little room to add in free agency
This game solidify your stance? Interesting

Reactions: December5th

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Millier will be 29 in the summer of 2023. I would trade him because he has good value right now but i would also keep him is he signs a 3-4 years around 7-7,5m. I know the second part is almost a pipe dream because of his production in the last 3 years.
Building the defence should be our nr 1 priority.

Last edited:

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Consider a lot of people here wanted to sign him long term. this contract isnt looking bad at all. We all knew he was going to get 7 mill

I understand how his early play got him there have no issues has great talent but 7 is a lot and considering the criticism a Pearson gets for less EP has to produce way better to expect less criticism.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Well the Canucks and Demko were bound to have a stinker after a long layoff and that's the best team at home in the league.

Glad to see Lammikko get a goal and Pearson was a beast in his fight. Weegar poked the bear and paid for it.

The play by pay guy for the Panthers is hilarious though: "Pearson just started throwing punches at Weegar... They just dropped the gloves and punched Weegar in the face. That's just dangerous."

Did he not see Weegar cross-checking Pearson a bunch of times and the two dropping the gloves around the same time?

Reactions: Indiana

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Some people in the Canucks forum are like watch out Tampa. We have shaken off the rust now lol.

I am not saying it’s impossible because Boston somehow stomped them recently. Highly unlikely though especially with Kucherov and Point back.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Some people in the Canucks forum are like watch out Tampa. We have shaken off the rust now lol.

I am not saying it’s impossible because Boston somehow stomped them recently. Highly unlikely though especially with Kucherov and Point back.

Well watch out Tampa! We’ve shaken the rust off now! :cool:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
OEL basically replaces Edler guys.

cause we all thought Edler at over 7 million a year was a fair deal for a player like him :rolleyes:

I think OEL has been better than Edler. His offense will regress closer to the mean.

But that improvement comes at a massive long term cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad