Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers | Jan 11 | 4:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Oop
232616-DA-F1-DE-4958-BBB7-3403-FBEE59-BF.jpg

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm not sure i get this. Like at all

The games a business
Surely there’s an opportunity cost aspect of how players view penny pinching and the impacts of not having a warm up game before a roadtrip, right?

RIGHT?

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Better team won but got to give some credit to the covid or omicron or whatever. Canadian teams at a disadvantage but the real power (outside of Toronto) lies else where - especially in the US south east

Good

Motte - guy has such a consistent game. Know what you are going to get. Helped lead a decent effort by the 4th line.

Hughes - obviously our best player and it isn't close.

Not Very good

Hoglander - one of his worst games as a Canuck. Passing was way off and not good defensively. Contributed to an awful performance by his line.

Pettersson - another shoddy game. In spite of some hope that something (maybe the break) would suddenly jump start his season, I think we have to accept that this season is a write off. What ever he had, he now doesn't and all we can hope is that in the off season and maybe with a little maturity, he regain some of his former game. Weak in every department in this game.

Demko - likely his worst game of the season. Even some of his stops were more luck than skill. Lay off seems a real factor here plus he was playing against a team with players that can put the puck away and know how to go to the net

Hunt - got 2 assist but still brutal. Just abused deep in his end and very poor coming out of his end. Panthers continually exposed him. The antithesis of Hughes

Dickinson - scored but generally useless. Among other things can't protect the puck. At this point might be our worst forward.

Others

OEL - weak around the net in clearing people and shooting lanes. Has to be better if the Canucks are going to compete in this kind of company

Boeser - skated well in the first then faded

Miller - a number of misplaced passes and lack of finish.

Poolman - at times was able to push the play in the offensive zone. One of the better Canucks at breaking up plays low in the Canuck zone. However, lack of wheels showed up on poor pinches

Myers - seemed to be hanging back and not pushing the play. Nothing really bad but nothing really good either.

Garland -created some chances with his hustle but not much in sync with others.

It's tragic the team has been put in the position they have but if they are to have any chance of making the playoffs they need to get on track quick. Boudreau is going to have to more than a little magic to achieve this.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Thats so weak sex by kodak, like use the bar thats right infront of you.....

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Given how hard this road trip is going to be, the team should have played the Saturday game vs Ottawa.

It is only one game of potential lost revenue
The team would have a chance to get their legs under them and be better prepared to compete on this road trip
The team then would have a better chance to get more points on the road trip and thus have a better chance to make the playoffs.
The owner makes a lot more money with guaranteed 3 play-off dates that also have a chance of being far enough in the future that capacity reductions are lifted.

1 game at half capacity vs the potential reward makes sense...they should have played Saturday.

Reactions: Indiana

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Relevance to what I said?
Maybe explain your position then?

If you think owners and players should take financial losses and that players would be upset that they didn't play to empty buildings and joke protocols and without Pettersson and Boeser i dont know what to say

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I missed the last two periods, so I just clicked on the last page of the post-game thread a few minutes ago then worked backward from there, as is my wont. This was the perfect night to do that, although it was very confusing at first

Reactions: Indiana

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe explain your position then?

If you think owners and players should take financial losses and that players would be upset that they didn't play to empty buildings and joke protocols and without Pettersson and Boeser i dont know what to say
It absolutely seems players and coaches were frustrated - did you not read the comments they made?

You are still ignoring the opportunity cost of being viewed as penny pinching and that maybe this is two points won if they had a warm up game before the roadtrip.

Escrow is also a very small percentage of total salary lol

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I read somewhere that healthcare eats up 30-40% of the provincial budget, I don’t think there’s much money left.
I've heard that too, pretty crazy. There are so many hidden costs to the pandemic that go beyond the obvious, I don't think we can afford not to. Even if it's just temporary.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It absolutely seems players and coaches were frustrated - did you not read the comments they made?

You are still ignoring the opportunity cost of being viewed as penny pinching and that maybe this is two points won if they had a warm up game before the roadtrip.

Escrow is also a very small percentage of total salary lol
Maybe they should of just asked the players to play for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad