Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Tocchet was outcoached

HIS team has zero structure

But I guess, those are “old habits”

Classic Rickey Bets, zero accountability…. Its not my fault. He and Miller will get along great

Is that Green, without hair?

News flash, after 10 Rickey Bets practices, they will be worse
Miller literally had the second least TOI 5 on 5 lol

Reactions: Grantham and gringo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wonder if a suspension comes down for Myers today. One of the dumbest penalties we've had this year in the context of the game but also just completely reckless by Myers. If that was a Kraken defender taking out EP or someone with that hit people here would be calling for a multi-game suspension.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Pretty clear that after a few press availabilities with Tocchet that he has not been brought in to "win now". They have accepted the fate that the team needs major changes. Those are personnel changes and changes in attitude/performance on both sides of the puck. When that became apparent to them it also became apparent that the coaching change needed to be made and they couldn't wait until the end of the year. They are going to use the next 5 weeks to truly evaluate who is staying and who is going. That is why Tocchet was brought in (for this season at least). Not to win but a guy and coaching staff they trust to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I do expect more moves beyond a Horvat trade come the deadline.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He sure made it sound like he can. He said he set a gameplan and the players didn't follow it

He has now boxed himself in. Let him have his 10 practices, then what will the excuse be? Players suck? “Good team over there”

Sure won’t be “i have a terrible coaching history and actually don’t have a system”
How’s that different than what I said? Yeah you can set a game plan but it’s going to take like more than 1 practice session to get the players to get used to playing to it.

Like if we see the same habits and same systematic issues by like end of this season then yeah it should be obvious that there is something wrong with this coaching hire.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I too, am enraged at the fact that the team hasn't completely bought into Tocchet's system and had a full turnaround in the 4 days since he's been hired. What the absolute f*** is he doing?

• Haha
Reactions: PuckMunchkin and MS

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Hope we get many more games this year like last night. Team gets killed and Tocchet calls out the major issues on the team.

This team is soft and the leadership sucks.

No offense, but Rick Tocchet doesn't deserve any respect. He's preaching accountability without having ever been accountable for his actions.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Wonder if a suspension comes down for Myers today. One of the dumbest penalties we've had this year in the context of the game but also just completely reckless by Myers. If that was a Kraken defender taking out EP or someone with that hit people here would be calling for a multi-game suspension.
After reading your comment I had to go find a video of this because in the game highlights I didn't see that. After finding it I couldn't stop laughing that was funny, but suspension.... No way that's just a rough interference.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
After reading your comment I had to go find a video of this because in the game highlights I didn't see that. After finding it I couldn't stop laughing that was funny, but suspension.... No way that's just a rough interference.

It's just such a weird play. Beniers bascially lightly hits Myers and then Myers slowly follows him around the ice and smokes him.

Normally I wouldn't say suspension but Beniers left the game with a head injury and if the goal is to protect young, star players (specifically head injuries) then you probably don't want these kind of plays in the game.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Don't get this attitude at all.

Hughes has been performing amazingly with a combo of Schenn or Bear, both #6-7 on good teams. He's elevated his partner and has amazing on ice results, if the team had two of him, they would be a lot better.

The idea that a hockey player can't win games on his own isn't new.
If you can’t carry a pairing you shouldn’t be demanding the big bucks.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
It's just such a weird play. Beniers bascially lightly hits Myers and then Myers slowly follows him around the ice and smokes him.

Normally I wouldn't say suspension but Beniers left the game with a head injury and if the goal is to protect young, star players (specifically head injuries) then you probably don't want these kind of plays in the game.
I don't think it has anything to do with the bump at the boards before, he was open slapped his stick on the ice expecting a pass or deflection from the point and Myers went at him because he was open, but then the defender held onto it instead because he saw Myers coming, Myers already committed to try and take him out and lol did.

The hit Domi made on Joshua last game in the numbers from behind was way worse than this.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
If you can’t carry a pairing you shouldn’t be demanding the big bucks.

I'm pretty sure if you're a 23 year old defenseman with a career .8+ PPG playing for a dogshit team that desperately needs to keep the fans interested you get to demand whatever the hell you want.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Helped create an illegal betting ring

Pleading guilty is taking accountability

I'm pretty sure if you're a 23 year old defenseman with a career .8+ PPG playing for a dogshit team that desperately needs to keep the fans interested you get to demand whatever the hell you want.
Sure but then I’ll criticize him when he looks and plays like shit and people make excuses for him.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Ulmer cooperated with the investigation and got 6 months in jail and a fine. Tocchet didn't and got probation.
lol...Who cares at this point? Grinding an axe for Tocchet over minor gambling related charges in 2006 when he plead guilty and took his punishment...when it's 20-f***ing-23 now, is pretty funny...does he have any speeding tickets we can f*** with him about too? lol

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Tocchets gambling issues were almost 20 years ago and teenagers gamble from their phones on the toilet these days, who cares.

Yes, someone hands-on involved in pro sports operating an allegedly mob-connected pro sports betting ring with the involvement of multiple active pro sports players and, IIRC a team owner, is a total non-issue anymore because kids have smart phones.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ulmer cooperated with the investigation and got 6 months in jail and a fine. Tocchet didn't and got probation.

This whole thing is a complete zero that really only became something because a police officer was involved, hence why the police officer got the actual prison time.

I believe Ulmer got a conditional sentence and just like Tocchet received no jail time. It sounds like both of them basically funded things and I don't think there was much more than that. If this happened today nobody would blink an eye.

The whole point of the case was to convict the police officer, which they did.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
This whole thing is a complete zero that really only became something because a police officer was involved, hence why the police officer got the actual prison time.

I believe Ulmer got a conditional sentence and just like Tocchet received no jail time. It sounds like both of them basically funded things and I don't think there was much more than that. If this happened today nobody would blink an eye.

The whole point of the case was to convict the police officer, which they did.
Ulmer was Tocchet's 50-50 partner who served 6 months in jail.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I think Tocchet probably sucks as a person but he has been held accountable for his actions.

Also the Myers hit is interference and that's it. I doubt there's a suspension, maybe a fine, but it's not like... egregious.

What's egregious is his defensive play, am I right fellas

Reactions: Canucker

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ulmer was Tocchet's 50-50 partner who served 6 months in jail.

James Ulmer, 42, the least-known defendant in the case, faced
six months to a year in county jail under a plea agreement for his
role in the bookmaking operation with links to the National Hockey
League, the Phoenix Coyotes and coach Wayne Gretzky. But the judge
told Ulmer he would avoid jail if he stays out of trouble for the
next two years.

Burlington County Superior Court Judge Thomas S. Smith Jr. said
he would vacate Ulmer's six-month jail sentence if he completes
probation without further incident.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Yes, someone hands-on involved in pro sports operating an allegedly mob-connected pro sports betting ring with the involvement of multiple active pro sports players is a total non-issue anymore because kids have smart phones.
The nhl promotes gambling, so does our province and our nhl team. There’s a team in Vegas. Cmon man.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Sure and I don’t even know if I fully believe it myself. But I do wonder if Hughes can actually be a defenseman that Carrie’s a team.
He can’t be. At least Krug can wire the puck. Hughes is so atrocious in his own end that I really think he needs to be moved before his value tanks. Lol at those that think we could trade him for Nemec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad