TBD

Jones

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Jeez. I don't know what's worse. :laugh: My parents' Strata is absolutely bonkers.

Good luck!
I been there.

"Okay guys, we need to do some critical repairs to our building. We are proposing a one time special levy of $200."
"Nay"

"Okay then, how about a minor increase to our strata fees, to help fund these very necessary repairs and upgrades? We can also bolster up our contingency reserve which is depleting? I would highly recommend this."
"Nay"

"I guess we can draw from our contingency reserve again, but we have some very major work that needs to be done in a few years, and we were hoping to expedite this due the global uncertainty. You will probably be hit with a major special levy on short notice and be faced with drastic strata fee increases. It may completely screw over your ability to sell but yeah, you pay nothing today."
"Yay"

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This team is not Chicago they are fighting to stay in the playoffs.

Chicago looked like they really didn't want to win, the played much much worse than they had in immediate 6 games.

Seattle should win this game although they are not as good at home.

Coaching bump will still be in effect but not as much.

I wonder what an interview with Tocchet looks like in a loss?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
pirates-of-the-caribbean-davy-jones.gif

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
A long time ago I lived in a strata building, it was the worst experience of my life. Imagine paying half a million to buy your own place but being controlled by a council of middle aged, mediocre, power starved imbeciles that can fine you at will. Beyond that, you can be stuck with lousy neighbors that are separated by one wall.

There is no greater feeling than having your own detached property.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This team is not Chicago they are fighting to stay in the playoffs.

Chicago looked like they really didn't want to win, the played much much worse than they had in immediate 6 games.

Seattle should win this game although they are not as good at home.

Coaching bump will still be in effect but not as much.

I wonder what an interview with Tocchet looks like in a loss?
I agree. I think a Pee Wee team could have beaten the Blackhawks.

The Kraken have never been better than they are at the moment (they've only been around for a bit, but I do mean that as praise - they're doing a nice job)

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I been there.

"Okay guys, we need to do some critical repairs to our building. We are proposing a one time special levy of $200."
"Nay"

"Okay then, how about a minor increase to our strata fees, to help fund these very necessary repairs and upgrades? We can also bolster up our contingency reserve which is depleting? I would highly recommend this."
"Nay"

"I guess we can draw from our contingency reserve again, but we have some very major work that needs to be done in a few years, and we were hoping to expedite this due the global uncertainty. You will probably be hit with a major special levy on short notice and be faced with drastic strata fee increases. It may completely screw over your ability to sell but yeah, you pay nothing today."
"Yay"
Five years later:

"Everybody needs to get a $45,000 loan."

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I had a nice townhouse for a few years before moving on, and while every other strata in the city saw modest rises in their fees ours stayed the same. Really low. Too low. But nobody had any interest in raising it.

When we sold and moved out last I heard is they doubled their strata fee in one year, with another jump coming the next. Roofs are expensive, gotta make sure that contingency fund is flush.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I agree. I think a Pee Wee team could have beaten the Blackhawks.

The Kraken have never been better than they are at the moment (they've only been around for a bit, but I do mean that as praise - they're doing a nice job)

Bruce was right to have called out our pathetic owner and Moleman for their hilarious bullshit.

Man I miss him already. I don't he is the best of coaches but his personality is my 2nd favorite.

My number 1 seat is always reserved for Torts.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Is the new coach bump done yet? I am intrigued to see what kind of team shows up tonight. Well, not see. I been able to bring myself to watch this stuff for awhile. But read about tomorrow.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
A long time ago I lived in a strata building, it was the worst experience of my life. Imagine paying half a million to buy your own place but being controlled by a council of middle aged, mediocre, power starved imbeciles that can fine you at will. Beyond that, you can be stuck with lousy neighbors that are separated by one wall.

There is no greater feeling than having your own detached property.
Not everyone is a billionaire here… :(

• Haha
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Not everyone is a billionaire here… :(

I feel bad for the next generation, only thing I recommend for gen z is you have to move out further and look for remote jobs in the digital space. You are already priced out on most of the Vancouver/Greater Vancouver area from these past two years. Now start looking at Chilliwack (although Chilliwack is starting to price people out ) and further out, eventually those tides will rise in the next wave of real estate appreciation.

Other alternative is to move to Alberta (LOL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad