Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks felled by Seattle Kraken | 1-6 | Garland

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Regardless if Tocchet is the right guy or not.
He is gonna put a stamp on this team and choose the players he gives a shit about pretty quickly.
Seems like a pretty no nonsense type coach, Not a bad type of coach for this team 2bh.
I just wished it was Trotz instead, Same mold but more established.

Dude, Trotz f***ed off immediately after winning a cup with Washington because they were noncommittal about a contract extension the summer before.

There was absolutely no way he would ever entertain a team run by a bunch of clowns that sold out their last coach to cover for the shit-ass roster decisions they made.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Tocchet was outcoached

HIS team has zero structure

But I guess, those are “old habits”

Classic Rickey Bets, zero accountability…. Its not my fault. He and Miller will get along great

Is that Green, without hair?

News flash, after 10 Rickey Bets practices, they will be worse

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Tocchet was outcoached

Classic Rickey Bets, zero accountability…. Its not my fault. He and Miller will get along great

lol...you know its only been 2 games right?

If you're griping already its likely that your preference is to just gripe at anything and everything.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

If you're griping already its likely that your preference is to just gripe at anything and everything.

He called the team soft as well. Some guys will take that hard. Give him some time to influence his will.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
He called the team soft as well. Some guys will take that hard. Give him some time to influence his will.
Yep, I think we've already established that this isn't a "quick fix", and that "major surgery" is necessary...and I'm pretty sure the winning is very secondary to Tocchet learning and evaluating his players, and them learning him. I'm sure he's probably also in lockstep with JR/PA about getting a better draft pick right now, so while it might not be an obvious tank, losing is probably not a completely undesirable result to anyone...I think how they lose games might be more concerning.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Tocchet was outcoached

You mean Toccett couldn't outcoach a team that is far better constructed than the one he has been coaching for less than a week.......... shocking.......

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He needs a rock d man to cover so thats not league minimum paycheck he gets 8 million my bitch is hes overpaid when he needs a 5 million a yr defensive beast to make him worth it.
Uhhh 1st paring partners don’t come cheap. Do you think Hedman plays with min wage player? Who is Makar’s partner? Adam fox’s partner?

You have some crazy unrealistic expectation

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Canucks need to rid themselves of say 4-5 players! They are better off being the worst team in the NHL so they have a chance at Bedard! Some of the contrcts they signed players too was just plain stupid. Why Mikheyev at 4.7 M,Miller's? Myers?Trade for OEL and Garland?Horvat has to be traded soon before no one offers anything of value unless the team is waiting until the All-Star break to pull the trigger. I have Boston and Colorado as possible destinations with even New Jersey. Vancouver can offload Q Hughes cause I'm sure he wants outta this mess too and the Canucks could get a tidy sum for his services. Good Luck to the Canucks!

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Tocchet was outcoached

You think a coach can implement a new system in one practice? Let me guess, you work for McKinsey?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Green tried an aggressive forecheck system. He gave up on it with this roster. Green switched to a passive system to help defensively and tanked the offense.

I don't think Bordeau needs to take over a team that played a "system". It's that bad players are less sheltered and exposed more under Bordeau. The Canucks have a lot of bad players.

No surprise. If it isn't working with one style of coach try a different style.
I mean Green “tried” but he didn’t really implement shit. Like I said, odd man rushes didn’t go away when he tried to be more defensive. Still constant too many men penalties. The only system he ever really implement was dump and chase and pass to point for a point shot. His breakouts were also stupid as shit, get puck and pass puck to a guy who is standing still at the redline along the wall and dump it in. That was his “system”, of course shit didn’t work.
I would say system wise, we were probably better coach by WD but problem was he gets too nervous during games and just go 1-2-3-4.

I am not saying Tocchet is better, I am saying he at least deserves some time before we make judgment. Pretty sure 1 practice session can’t erase the randomness thar Green has instilled for years.

nhl defense doesn't work like this. you don't get the average of the two defensemen's play you get the minimum. hughes might be slightly more effective with tanev next to him but tanev's play would crater
It’s like we never seen Hughes with Tanev right?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is such an interesting 40 game stint.

i mean you have 40 games with Tocchet, and you're wondering how Pettersson is going to feel after that stretch

His deployment, usage, structure. I’m curious to see how he reacts.

Last edited:

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
You think a coach can implement a new system in one practice? Let me guess, you work for McKinsey?
He sure made it sound like he can. He said he set a gameplan and the players didn't follow it

He has now boxed himself in. Let him have his 10 practices, then what will the excuse be? Players suck? “Good team over there”

Sure won’t be “i have a terrible coaching history and actually don’t have a system”

Reactions: theguardianII

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Uhhh 1st paring partners don’t come cheap. Do you think Hedman plays with min wage player? Who is Makar’s partner? Adam fox’s partner?

You have some crazy unrealistic expectation

If you look through that posters history, Quinn Hughes clearly kicked his dog, stole his girl, and disrespected his family.

• Haha
Reactions: arttk

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
He sure made it sound like he can. He said he set a gameplan and the players didn't follow it

He has now boxed himself in. Let him have his 10 practices, then what will the excuse be? Players suck? “Good team over there”

Sure won’t be “i have a terrible coaching history and actually don’t have a system”
Don't count him out. I am sure he has a system for practice. In fact, it is so excellent and structural that JR wants him enough to go all in. I mean JR has 3 rings, what can go wrong :sarcasm:

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Looks like they honeymoon phase is over, and reality kicked in nice and quick good. Although looks like Bruce's structure helped the Canucks beat the Kraken twice this year, but Tocchets structure couldn't get it done.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hope we get many more games this year like last night. Team gets killed and Tocchet calls out the major issues on the team.

This team is soft and the leadership sucks.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
Got worried when I saw the Aves and Sharks made a trade yesterday, fortunately it wasn't a 'major' deal and the Aves could still want Bo.
Team is in a bad spot. I want them to lose and lose and lose, so the owner recognizes this 're-re' stuff isn't working; and they make significant trades and changes.
However, if they suck too much- no one will want to pay much for the players we need to move.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
No surprise in this game.

Chicago took a dive in their game and the "bump"

Seattle was better the last game it was just Pettersson on cold meds that made a difference, unlimited go, go , go.

So Rogers dampened the "Bruce, There It Is" chant in Seattle.

This game was pretty close to the same as the last one.

No surprise here with a loss but a bit with the style.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Agreed.

Like, don't get me wrong - the team has no structure.

But Tocchet's been here less than a week. Whatever changes he's going to try and make aren't going to take effect overnight.

Plus, as all of us know, this roster has major issues that no coach by themselves is going to fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad