Vancouver Canucks COVID-19 Breakout (No unrelated covid talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Terrible situation.

Assuming that it can take up to 2 weeks for COVID to really take hold you have to look at the road trip Vancouver had 2 weeks ago to Ottawa and Montreal and things are spiking there now.

I can't help but thinking returning snowbirds from Florida is fueling this in Quebec.

I thought the border was still closed. Am I wrong?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Sounds like the entire city of vancouver has had a flareup. This team may not play again for several weeks if at all....
Can't see for they can play again for at least two weeks with an infection breakout like this. We could still see more cases for the next few days.

Reactions: Peterpuck7810

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Folks, if some of you cannot comply with the moderator note in the thread title and the moderator note right above (post 176), reply bans will be handed out.

Reactions: MXD

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
With the situation, I am curious if the NHL will make adjustments to the trade deadline. While not likely, the Canucks still have a shot securing that final spot. At the very least it’s a disadvantage even if they would like to sell.

Obviously the Health of the team and the families are the most important issues, but this is an interesting situation for the league.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Games in hand mean very little because there's still too much of the season left for games in hand to even come into play.

The league would still allow Vancouver the opportunity to make the playoffs. If anything they'd put the season on pause and allow Vancouver to fully recover. They wouldn't just cancel their games unless Vancouver requests it.
The NHL isn’t pausing the entire season for one team. That’s pretty insane.

Reactions: Dominance

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Apologies if I haven't been following closely enough, but does the reason that the entire NHL (players, coaches, staff) not vaccinated by now still boil down to optics? When vaccinating the league en masse was brought up many months ago, there was an argument that these younger people should not cut in line in front of more eligible folks. Now that tens of millions have been vaccinated in the U.S. and Canada, are there still valid reasons why anyone traveling with the team should not be vaccinated?

I love watching the NHL and I hope the season continues as best as possible, but I'll be damned if a bunch of young, healthy hockey players get the vaccine before elderly people, people with chronic health conditions, firefighters, paramedics, nurses, etc.

Canada hasn't given the vaccine to everyone who is a priority yet, not even close. NHL players are not a priority whatsoever.

There's nothing essential about the NHL.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
I'd unfortunately agree with the last poster that other populations have to be prioritized over NHLers and we're not there yet as a country.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I love watching the NHL and I hope the season continues as best as possible, but I'll be damned if a bunch of young, healthy hockey players get the vaccine before elderly people, people with chronic health conditions, firefighters, paramedics, nurses, etc.

Canada hasn't given the vaccine to everyone who is a priority yet, not even close. NHL players are not a priority whatsoever.

It’s essentially the only thing I watch, doesn’t count?

Reactions: robertocarlos

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

It's 350 vaccinations for the Canadian teams. That's a spillage error most days.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
With their AHL team in Covid protocol, and so many of the big club in Covid protocol, I just don’t see how the Canucks (when they do start playing again) will get in 56 games.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Canucks need to go 12-6-1 to make the playoffs with Habs winning at a .400 rate. Canucks season is done.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
If 56 games are not likely to be played, league will probably nix games vs Sens (4 left) to minimize impact on playoff race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad