Vancouver Canucks COVID-19 Breakout (No unrelated covid talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Well that's not good. Something must have really gone wrong with the protocols for 18 cases to pop up.

As a Flames fan I'm ok with shutting this season down. Try again next year.

you would have to think that someone made a pretty significant error in judgement and broke protocol

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
News just reported up to 19 members of the Canucks now. Horrible.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I feel like it's another bad call/lapse of judgment to force players to play the remainder of the games later / force AHL players to dress and continue. They just need to cancel the season for the Canucks, period.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Well that's not good. Something must have really gone wrong with the protocols for 18 cases to pop up.

As a Flames fan I'm ok with shutting this season down. Try again next year.
I think we underestimated P1s capabilities, it's most likely undetectable by regular means like a PCR test. We know very little about it, other than that its many times more virulent and affects younger people seriously, of course, it's hammering Brazil in a way that the rest of the world is worried a case like vancouver would happen.

Last edited:

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
How are they not vaccinated yet? My dumb ass is able to schedule the vaccine here in the states and I'm a piece of shit no reason cuck.
You live in a country that is once again led by science now. You have capability to make your own vaccine, we dont

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
How are they not vaccinated yet? My dumb ass is able to schedule the vaccine here in the states and I'm a piece of shit no reason cuck.

Ha, that’s a fair question. . There’s been delay after delay here in Canada . . 1st responders were supposed to get the astra Zeneca vaccine this month but the blood clot issues identified in Europe have put that on hold for anyone under 55

Reactions: bh53

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
First responders have been vaccinated.

I do think they should have vaccinated athletes too. I get the arguments about equality and not putting the rich first, but the athletes are risking their lives to provide entertainment, which is very important to people's mental health in this pandemic. Watching sports provides a sense of normalcy. The province of bc could have put aside a few dozen vaccines.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
First responders have been vaccinated.

I do think they should have vaccinated athletes too. I get the arguments about equality and not putting the rich first, but the athletes are risking their lives to provide entertainment, which is very important to people's mental health in this pandemic. Watching sports provides a sense of normalcy. The province of bc could have put aside a few dozen vaccines.

First responders in BC have not all been vaccinated . . Paramedics have but most police and fire personnel have not

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I'd be pretty worried about my coaching and managment staff right now if i were Vancouver. Players are healty but you never know since how ill you get can seem like a crapshoot sometimes, but if someone overweight like Benning gets it it could affect him very badly even if it doesn't kill him.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm genuinely concerned for the Canucks' players at the moment, especially seeing what Ristolainen went through. I truly hope that everyone pulls out of this without any ill effects after. Consider that a whole team just got taken out by the virus in a 3-day span, in a pandemic that's far from being in control across North America. Alberta is now getting hit badly by the Brazilian variant, too. Given the fact that Canada is still extremely interconnected, and given the force of this variant, it's inevitable that another team gets badly racked up before this season is over.

Reactions: robertocarlos

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Could this be the worst one yet amongst all teams?

What's shocking for me is how it took two to three Canadian teams thing long to get delayed games due to COVID and one being probably the worst one in the league. But I was pissed it caused the Jets game to be cancelled tomorrow.

Season to forget for the Canucks so far.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'm genuinely concerned for the Canucks' players at the moment, especially seeing what Ristolainen went through. I truly hope that everyone pulls out of this without any ill effects after. Consider that a whole team just got taken out by the virus in a 3-day span, in a pandemic that's far from being in control across North America. Alberta is now getting hit badly by the Brazilian variant, too. Given the fact that Canada is still extremely interconnected, and given the force of this variant, it's inevitable that another team gets badly racked up before this season is over.

Are you serious? Where did you see that Alberta is getting hit hard with the P.1 variant?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Could this be the worst one yet amongst all teams?

What's shocking for me is how it took two to three Canadian teams thing long to get delayed games due to COVID and one being probably the worst one in the league. But I was pissed it caused the Jets game to be cancelled tomorrow.

Season to forget for the Canucks so far.

But let's also not forget about the $50,000 fine for letting strippers into the bubble during the playoffs after Demko's victory.

Holy hell, where was I to not hear about that story?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Hope for full recoveries, but the NHL should cancel and forfeit Vancouver's remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad