GDT: Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres, Jan. 13, 2024; 4:00 pm EST - CHECK THE WEATHER

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
You have made a bunch of posts that he shouldn't be playing because of point production. Everything he is doing is going to produce points and wins. He isn't overmatched.
Agree with how he’s playing and that sort of play will lead to production.

But I don’t feel his production at the time of the decision to keep him up, and since, was at a point to justify the decision to burn a year off his ELC. With some large contracts on the books already, you as a manager need as many cost effective contracts for the team as you can.

Benson is a good prospect, not a special one. Then to have your coach finally holding Benson accountable for mistakes he may have made, feels a little too late.

Reactions: dortt and BFLO

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

But I don’t feel his production at the time of the decision to keep him up, and since, was at a point to justify the decision to burn a year off his ELC. With some large contracts on the books already, you as a manager need as many cost effective contracts for the team as you can.

Benson is a good prospect, not a special one. Then to have your coach finally holding Benson accountable for mistakes he may have made, feels a little too late.
The entire team has guys botching more shit than the infamous Sandman vs Sabu match from ECW N2R 97 where Sandman was literally tripping on acid and Donnie lays down the law on the one guy who least deserves it because he doesn't have the ball to do it to one of the dogshit vets who f*** up left and right and stink the joint out on a nightly basis with no consequences. Having someone as clueless and completely out of his depth as Granato as a coach is a perfect example why we are the hopeless armpit of pro hockey.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Yeah. We burned a year of his ELC so that we could, *checks standings, finish 6th from the bottom. Real *smart* use of assets.

Reactions: Fearnot and dortt

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yeah. We burned a year of his ELC so that we could, *checks standings, finish 6th from the bottom. Real *smart* use of assets.
I’m far more bothered by the +7 million in contracts buried in Rochester vs a lost ELC year from a rookie who displays more grit and fight than 95% of the roster. It’s like Adam’s squandered money at the Marshall’s bargain bin on clothes nobody wants to wear when he could have gone to Napoli’s and just bought an expensive suit — or two.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

I had no issue with burning a year off his ELC. It may make his second contract somewhat more affordable

I wouldn't do the same for a UFA year already for the same reason you stated

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hey man, at least I don’t gotta rush home from work to watch this f***ing train wreck. Good god, can’t manage a goal on Vancouver. Tyler Myers plays for ‘em ffs.

Sparknotes version- we talking “fault in our stars” or “Macbeth” level of tragedy?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hey man, at least I don’t gotta rush home from work to watch this f***ing train wreck. Good god, can’t manage a goal on Vancouver. Tyler Myers plays for ‘em ffs.

Sparknotes version- we talking “fault in our stars” or “Macbeth” level of tragedy?

No one killed their friends so maybe more like MST3K's "Hamlet"?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Imagine driving from Canada to see this game and then the skyway gets shutdown.
If your "on" the Skyway going to HSBC from Canada your drunk

A much better crossing to head home on, or at least better odds of getting waved through vs. the other options.
They havn't waved anyone through the border since 9-11 brother and even then they would always at least ask citizenship.

Last edited:

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
I think the play-off drought has taken our rose coloured glasses off and curb stomped them.
Demko played like he is capable of and the Sabres limited the NHL leaders to a single goal. It's not a moral victory, they don't have to win every game.
seems like every single game this forum is so negative. I get it, there's stuff wrong with the team. But there should be recognition of where they are and who they are up against too. This wasn't the Columbus fiasco but the comments are pretty much the same

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
NHL are morons and the schedule makers are stupid. Who plays games at 1pm EST or 10 am PST?? They can't start on a normal time?
Monday is a holiday and they also resecheduled the Bills for Monday so they moved the Sabres game up so they arent at the same time.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Monday is a holiday and they also resecheduled the Bills for Monday so they moved the Sabres game up so they arent at the same time.
They should just cancel the game. Canucks are stuck in Buffalo and can't get to Columbus

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I think the play-off drought has taken our rose coloured glasses off and curb stomped them.
Demko played like he is capable of and the Sabres limited the NHL leaders to a single goal. It's not a moral victory, they don't have to win every game.
seems like every single game this forum is so negative. I get it, there's stuff wrong with the team. But there should be recognition of where they are and who they are up against too. This wasn't the Columbus fiasco but the comments are pretty much the same
It's not about one game. It's all the disappointment of what appeared to finally be a successful season, on top of an already historic playoff drought.

I'll give my HF Sabre bros a pass for perhaps dwelling on the negative. They've earned that right in spades.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
UPL showed up, team didn't. Why can't they do simultaneously do it? Showing up I mean. Later they can do I know.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
For a guy who is into the charts and the underlying numbers as you, you’d think you would have noticed that no GM cares about burning ELCs anymore. I’m f***ing pissed at Adams but I have no problem with the Benson burned ELC situation. Who cares.

Gets them to their second deal quicker, less time to prove themselves and is a better opportunity to lock them up for cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad