GDT: Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres, Jan. 13, 2024; 4:00 pm EST - CHECK THE WEATHER

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well so much for me going-I guess I eat my tickets-not the first time in the 50 plus years I have been attending!
I am all but certain that they will offer fans who couldn't make it a chance to exchange tickets for a future game (not like they lack the inventory to do so).

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I am all but certain that they will offer fans who couldn't make it a chance to exchange tickets for a future game (not like they lack the inventory to do so).
Maybe they’ll exchange them for playoff tickets.
IMG_0472.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Not watching as 4am starts don't work for these guys
Canuck's are playing some nice hockey, wish the Sabre's could turn it around like they did. Too bad Tochett spooked the Pegula's boy scout image. Sorry you will miss it chief.

Snow blower tested, gassed, and ready for 1-3 foot, Chili on the stove, cornbread baked, pickles from NYC check.

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Canuck's are playing some nice hockey, wish the Sabre's could turn it around like they did. Too bad Tochett spooked the Pegula's boy scout image. Sorry you will miss it chief.

Snow blower tested, gassed, and ready for 1-3 foot, Chili on the stove, cornbread baked, pickles for NYC check.
I'll make up for it, will do an OHL WHL double-header. Chili sounds good, think I'll send the caretaker out for some beef cubes, slow cook it over night then toss the beef in some tortillas with egg n cheese, smother them with chili before baking

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm almost positive that this game will be played with fans. Downtown is only looking at 2-4" of accumulation during the day Saturday with wind and blowing snow. This isn't at all the same thing as Sunday in OP.

It won't be pretty down there on the Lake, but people have braved some blowing snow to attend hundreds of Sabres games over 50+ years.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm almost positive that this game will be played with fans. Downtown is only looking at 2-4" of accumulation during the day Saturday with wind and blowing snow. This isn't at all the same thing as Sunday in OP.

It won't be pretty down there on the Lake, but people have braved some blowing snow to attend hundreds of Sabres games over 50+ years.
Who wants to have to brave the weather and then brave an embarrassing Sabres game tho?

Reactions: oldgoalie

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Never underestimate the stupidity of Politicians.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Too bad, missed opportunity for another Winter Classic game. These sissy games in locations that are 60 and sunny just don't cut it

Never underestimate the stupidity of Politicians.
It's impossible to overestimate

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015

Snow blower tested, gassed, and ready for 1-3 foot, Chili on the stove, cornbread baked, pickles from NYC check.
pickles from NYC?
that's a new one to me. More details please.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The Canucks currently have a team PDO of 104.3, which, if sustained, would be a top five all lime number. It could happen, but I’m thinking they eventual regress. A sustained shooting pct of 13.8 seems highly unlikely.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
No Tage? meh

Who wants to have to brave the weather and then brave an embarrassing Sabres game tho?
I think a lot of people would. Could be a fun (using this word extremely generously considering the team) pregame for Bills tomorrow

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

What fans? Games are usually half empty or more anyways, the players won't notice a difference.

Reactions: Vito_81 and Fearnot

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Bills game got postponed, I wonder if they will postpone this game too? Seems like they probably would have already done it if so.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

WNYers are pretty tough when it comes to snow storms.

I know because I have lived elsewhere and watched the local hand wringing and the angst.

Just get in your truck, put 'er in 4 wheel and drive for crying out loud.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad