GDT: Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres, Jan. 13, 2024; 4:00 pm EST - CHECK THE WEATHER

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
For a guy who is into the charts and the underlying numbers as you, you’d think you would have noticed that no GM cares about burning ELCs anymore. I’m f***ing pissed at Adams but I have no problem with the Benson burned ELC situation. Who cares.

Gets them to their second deal quicker, less time to prove themselves and is a better opportunity to lock them up for cheap.
I guess we'll find out in 2027 if we could have used the cap space of Benson still on his ELC or not.

I also worry that we're potentially stunting his development. Benson kind of reminds me of Kaapo Kakko or Puljujarvi where they have lots of positive on ice impacts, but can't convert that to the score sheet, in part because they were rushed to the NHL to play a 3rd liners role. We rushed Benson to the NHL because the roster is so desperate for 200ft players, but we could be kneecapping his potential.

I also worry that subjecting him directly to the this tire fire could start his "demands a trade out of Buffalo" clock a season earlier than necessary.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think the play-off drought has taken our rose coloured glasses off and curb stomped them.
Demko played like he is capable of and the Sabres limited the NHL leaders to a single goal. It's not a moral victory, they don't have to win every game.
seems like every single game this forum is so negative. I get it, there's stuff wrong with the team. But there should be recognition of where they are and who they are up against too. This wasn't the Columbus fiasco but the comments are pretty much the same
Sadly the standings don’t differentiate between getting smoked by one of the worst teams in the league, or losing 1-0 in a tight game to one of the best.

I think the negativity from last night stems from watching our top D pair take blatant hits to the head and our inability to respond, both physically and on the score board. It just drove home the rank impotence of this franchise.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
It's not about one game. It's all the disappointment of what appeared to finally be a successful season, on top of an already historic playoff drought.

I'll give my HF Sabre bros a pass for perhaps dwelling on the negative. They've earned that right in spades
Oh I agree totally. Wasn't certain they would make the playoffs bit didn't see this mess either. I just don't want to feel punch drunk after every single loss

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Sadly the standings don’t differentiate between getting smoked by one of the worst teams in the league, or losing 1-0 in a tight game to one of the best.

I think the negativity from last night stems from watching our top D pair take blatant hits to the head and our inability to respond, both physically and on the score board. It just drove home the rank impotence of this franchise.
i didnt see the hit on Samuelsson but when Dahlin got hit Power jumped in right away and Eric Johnson fought Miller later on

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
If your "on" the Skyway going to HSBC from Canada your drunk

They havn't waved anyone through the border since 9-11 brother and even then they would always at least ask citizenship.
By "waved through" I mean they ask far less questions and are far less likely to pull you in for something petty than either the Rainbow or Peace Bridge. Exception to that rule: Quebecois accent.

Reactions: K8fool

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
By "waved through" I mean they ask far less questions and are far less likely to pull you in for something petty than either the Rainbow or Peace Bridge. Exception to that rule: Quebecois accent.
👍 Can Customs picked up on my aspirin bottle in the glove compartment last time through, scans must "really" be detailed now. Checked the bottle, then my record in the inspection bay, asked my occupation and work i.d., and let me go through.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
👍 Can Customs picked up on my aspirin bottle in the glove compartment last time through, scans must "really" be detailed now. Checked the bottle, then my record in the inspection bay, asked my occupation and work i.d., and let me go through.
Pricks. Bad or worse than airport.

Detained me in 2008? For having the nerve to walk across at windsor. Fun time.

As opposed to real easy kind border in 92 , fun times seeing a show in hamilton

They did play well against one of the best teams in the league. The game was winnable.
Donny reaction to leading the league in posts was telling. Didnt see the game

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Any vid. What happened. Heard Dahlin and sammy took shots to head. Thats all

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I stopped watching the games..Did either Power or Johnson win their fight against Miller ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad