GDT: Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres, Jan. 13, 2024; 4:00 pm EST - CHECK THE WEATHER

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Did Benson get hurt at some point and I missed it?

Nearly choked on my drink when Ray said this might’ve been their best game of the season

Reactions: BFLO

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
night all. another waste of time.
I've gotten to the point where even when I'm home, sitting at home, doing nothing, I'll check the game and if the Sabres look like normal, I'll just turn it back off and play games instead. Thankfully I'm working during the games half the time.

If the GM thinks this team is acceptable, and isn't willing to make changes, why should I suffer watching a terrible feckless hockey team night after night?

I mean thank you guys who watch this crap and give your opinions. But I just can't be bothered getting frustrated at this turnover machine club with terrible D-zone coverage day in and day out. It's mentally taxing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Canucks D was really good. Sabres had very few quality changes. Demos was an iron gate. Covers so much net. Rarely had to move but did when really necessary.

Mitts had this game in his stick and blew it. So did JJ. So did Alex Tuch.

TT was meh.

Both Mittelstadt and Peterka had 2 excellent looks and didn't score.

Also, Matt Ellis should be assigned to the salt mines.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Can we just win one more lottery and get a real 1C again ? I need to see a trade for one of their current centers, this group is hot garbage. I can't do another season of Thompson/Cozens, just can't.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Not Benson. Maybe that’s why Granato benched him for most of the 3rd?

On a real team, Benson would be back in junior for not producing. The org wouldn't give a shit if he is a fan fav or not. There would be accountability

Maybe Granato is trying to send him a message that at this level, you had BETTER PRODUCE

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I actually think they played good. Including a lot of the players taking flak in this thread. But in the context of this season, that is not good enough. You need actual results

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Cozens has never been more than a 3rd line talent ... they cannot keep trying to make him happen as a go-to forward. He's absolute shit ... truly one of the worst players on a shift to shift basis on this team. He wastes so much of the key ice time giving the puck away and lacking control and purpose on the ice. Just a dumb, low IQ pile of shit.
He could play an Evander Kane type of game and be a very useful winger. Not every player has to be a savant.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On a real team, Benson would be back in junior for not producing. The org wouldn't give a shit if he is a fan fav or not. There would be accountability

Maybe Granato is trying to send him a message that at this level, you had BETTER PRODUCE

You've made a bunch of posts about "not producing". He isn't putting up points, yes. And yet he is regularly one of their best forwards. I get it, people don't always see the game the same way, but repeating that comment every now and then in different threads doesn't mean that Benson has been poor.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's just sad watching these guys thinking "what would these guys look like if they received actual professional NHL quality coaching?"

Think of the mess the Canucks were last year and look at them this year. It's possible to make some improvements just by changing the staff.

It also helps that they fleeced Hronek off the Wings.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
He could play an Evander Kane type of game and be a very useful winger. Not every player has to be a savant.
Kane at least provided other elements that can help a team. I'd be fine with Cozens making $3.5M and being a 3C. They f***ed up really really bad with that contract which basically forces him to get key ice time. It's a detrimental move in a series of bad ones by Adams.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
i noticed Cozens had it in the opposing end with a minute left. He got the puck in the corner and he passed it to the point WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. All the time in the world too.

And ya of course he gave it away. One really stupid contract. Thats on KA.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't know how you can be positive with this team going forward into future seasons. Mixed bag of talent and they just plan to add more kids to teach younger kids.

We are so far away from being contenders it feels like success is still so far away.

Unless everything clicks and the personal we have all the sudden figure out their game, we are screwed.

This season is harder to swallow than all the previous seasons because this season I invested my time into it and we are just about half way done and it's already over.

Im so tired of seeing everyone else find success in the NHL except us.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Think of the mess the Canucks were last year and look at them this year. It's possible to make some improvements just by changing the staff.

It also helps that they fleeced Hronek off the Wings.
We could have fleeced Hronek off the wings.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I will also give props to Allvin for his frequent minor tinkering moves to his depth. Blueger, Lafferty, Beauvellier, shuffling Studnicka out to help their pro depth... there are more but I would have to look them up. That's since July.

Reactions: BFLO

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I've gotten to the point where even when I'm not home, sitting at home, doing nothing, I'll check the game and if the Sabres look like normal, I'll just turn it back off and play games instead.

If the GM thinks this team is acceptable, and isn't willing to make changes, why should I suffer watching a terrible feckless hockey team night after night?
I feel you. They did play quite decent tonight against a good team, though. Just couldnt get that goal.
That being said, there are better ways to spend your Saturday evening than watching the Sabres hockey team, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00