Confirmed with Link: [VAN/TOR] Vancouver acquires Josh Leivo in exchange for Michael Carcone.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
And what about the parts we've traded for them? Forsling aside we haven't exactly lost much or traded anybody that had any real value. People like to argue about Shinkaruk but he clearly had little value.

I think the players listed there cost us a total of 4 draft picks, but Vey was the only 2nd if I recall correctly. Acquiring guys like Motte and Leipsic for players that we no longer value is perfectly fine. Giving up picks for players like Pouliot and Pedan is disgusting. Fortunately it's been a while since that's happened.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Translation, I want the last word and pretend moral high ground.

No. It’s not a Management discussion thread and the discussion devolved into that....

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This trade is looking ridiculously fantastic for us.

Leivo was amazing tonigjt 6 SOG , looked super dangerous and was a hound on the forecheck. Nice pick pocket and set up on Eriksson GWG.

Carcone meanwhile is sometimes a healthy scratch with the Marlies and trade has forced some of our youths with Utica to take on morr of a prominent offensive role.

We pretty much traded an AHL player for an NHL top 9 player.

Good work benning . Hopefully he is evolving with his pro scouting evaluation.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Benning is not a genius for targeting Leivo

everyone that follows the leafs knew he should get a chance and a bigger role

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
combination of gms overrating their player, leivo not shopped league wide, and dubas giving benning a bone (builds relations)

Ah the conspiracy. What exactly is Dubas gaining by building relations with Benning who quite possibly.might not be employed in a year ot two

Reactions: Catbug

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Tonight’s game was very impressive.

Tonight’s game was also a huge outlier.

First point in 8 games. Had been mostly invisible most nights and played himself off the top line when given a chance there.

If he can maintain the jump and purpose he showed tonight, we might have something. If he’s the slow non-entity we’d seen for the month previous, not so much.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Ah the conspiracy. What exactly is Dubas gaining by building relations with Benning who quite possibly.might not be employed in a year ot two

Dubas at most is missing out on a 4th round pick over Carcone

very insigificant

now getting Tanev or Edler from the Canucks for a playoff run.. that's the plan

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Dubas at most is missing out on a 4th round pick over Carcone

very insigificant

now getting Tanev or Edler from the Canucks for a playoff run.. that's the plan

So the convo will go:

Dubas: give me a discount on Tanev/Edler, your biggest assets and probably a livelihood and career depending trade because i gave you josh leivo.

Benning: kk

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Benning is not a genius for targeting Leivo

everyone that follows the leafs knew he should get a chance and a bigger role

I don't care for Benning... but what does him being a "genius" or not mean really? It was an actually astute move.

We can say everyone should have been in on the trade based on fan assertions, but what does that matter exactly? For once fan hype actually appears to have been warranted... unlike all the assurances we got from Boston fans about Schaller.

It's pretty clearly a win so far for the Canucks, does everything have to have some kind of qualifier lest we actually think the organization didn't screw something up for once? :skeptic:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I don't care for Benning... but what does him being a "genius" or not mean really? It was an actually astute move.

We can say everyone should have been in on the trade based on fan assertions, but what does that matter exactly? For once fan hype actually appears to have been warranted... unlike all the assurances we got from Boston fans about Schaller.

It's pretty clearly a win so far for the Canucks, does everything have to have some kind of qualifier lest we actually think the organization didn't screw something up for once? :skeptic:

benning bad

leivo good

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

First point in 8 games. Had been mostly invisible most nights and played himself off the top line when given a chance there.

If he can maintain the jump and purpose he showed tonight, we might have something. If he’s the slow non-entity we’d seen for the month previous, not so much.

That's fair. Have to hope whatever was causing those back spasms isn't a chronic or lingering issue either.

Still feel like he is an upgrade over Leipsic on this roster at least.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That's fair. Have to hope whatever was causing those back spasms isn't a chronic or lingering issue either.

Still feel like he is an upgrade over Leipsic on this roster at least.

Oh, absolutely. He was a reasonable target and has generally been a vanilla low-event depth winger which is more than you can say for Schaller or Leipsic.

But the over-the-top ‘genius’ ‘fleecing’ posts for a guy who just scored his first point in a month and had played his way from the first line to the 4th line are a little much.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Best thing you can say is that he an NHL player with roughly the same value as Granlund. So far. But today he looked like a guy who could be a "core" depth guy. Jury is still out though.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

what are you watching?
Non entity?

He's had a few poor games but for the most part lately has been very good and unlucky not to have come away with some more pts.

I think he's easily played his way into our top9 is really good along the boards and has a really dangerous snipe. This is a pretty big win for us and all this talk about being a poor skater is off base too. Nice pick up......thanks Toronto

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Best thing you can say is that he an NHL player with roughly the same value as Granlund. So far. But today he looked like a guy who could be a "core" depth guy. Jury is still out though.
Granlund??

I mean its early i'll give you that but i dont see many similarities with Granlund. He doesn't get pushed off pucks easily, has much better hands away from the net and has enough size reach and strength to maintain possession along the walls. In addition his shot has more range and his skating is a notch above. Granlund may be a bit quicker and have better anticipation though.....we'll see where it goes

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Oh, absolutely. He was a reasonable target and has generally been a vanilla low-event depth winger which is more than you can say for Schaller or Leipsic.

But the over-the-top ‘genius’ ‘fleecing’ posts for a guy who just scored his first point in a month and had played his way from the first line to the 4th line are a little much.

I do believe that the term “over the top fleecing” has also been used by the anti Benning crowd as it relates to Roland Mckeown, Rasmus Anderson, and Gustav Forsling. Just saying.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad