Confirmed with Link: [VAN/TOR] Vancouver acquires Josh Leivo in exchange for Michael Carcone.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Another good, possibly great trade by Benning. At 6 foot 2 he should be a much better option than Leipsic and all it costed was a guy who will probably never be an NHL regular.

Reactions: pomx

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Leivo should have been given a better opportunity in Toronto. He has a wicked shot and is a monster along the boards. You won this deal hands down.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not so sure about this one. Carcone was just starting to explode in Utica and has big league speed. Leivo is what he is....a guy you could have replaced in free agency for nothing had you done a better job scouting than we did on Tim Schaller who has been absolute junk.

If we were in win now mode then i like it and i do like Leivo as a bottom 6

Reactions: geebaan

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Leivo is pretty solid Canucks fans. Leafs never gave him a fair shake for some reason.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He's honestly a good player who our coach showed notable bias against. Leivo is very strong on the boards and honestly has some decent puck skills. He's gonna fit in very well in Vancouver.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
What can ya'll tell me about Carcone.

He looked good in prospect tournaments. Horrible last year in the AHL. Looks like he figured it out this year as he is one of the Comets best offensive forwards in November. Small skill player but plays with speed and intensity. Probably not going to be an NHL player but eventually he might look ok riding shotgun next to one of your dynamic duos while their regular linemate is injured.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Lol all these leaf fans sound like Bruin fans talking about Schaller

Leivo stinks and won’t move the needle at all, the only plus here is we didn’t move a pick for more age gap junk

The negative is Utica is even worse off

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Will be fascinating to see how this turns out.

It might be a Granlund-Shinkaruk 'win' where 'the guy played games for us' albeit as a fringe player.

Might also be an epic blunder as Carcone was easily the best forward in Utica right now. I don't like at all that we've traded him without seeing how his speed plays against NHL opposition.

Would have made a hell of a lot more sense to claim Zykov and keep Carcone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad