Confirmed with Link: [VAN/PIT] Canucks Acquire Mark Friedman (RD) & Ty Glover (FW) for Jack Rathbone (LD) & Karel Plasek (FW)

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time

obi-wan-star-wars.gif

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sure the Canucks liked Glover as otherwise there's really no reason to include Glover/Plasek in the deal.. but I think the focus was more about finding Rathbone a new home, Canucks getting a depth RH d-man, and then from the Pens' side cleaning up that AHL vet problem. Glover probably down the list from there.

It does make me wonder if whatever they were trying to do for a different RHD fell through.. especially with Dhaliwal mentioning Bear again.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure the Canucks liked Glover as otherwise there's really no reason to include Glover/Plasek in the deal.. but I think the focus was more about finding Rathbone a new home, Canucks getting a depth RH d-man, and then from the Pens' side cleaning up that AHL vet problem. Glover probably down the list from there.

It does make me wonder if whatever they were trying to do for a different RHD fell through.. especially with Dhaliwal mentioning Bear again.

There's no way a 23 y/o in the ECHL with 2 years of cap slot remaining was anything other than a negative value asset. The deal was essentially getting the 'better' defenseman in exchange for taking the 'worse' dead contract slot (2 years vs. 1 year for Plasek).

As for the second point, yeah. Looks like they might have pivoted away from a CBJ deal to go with a smaller trade and will then look at bringing Bear back.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
It is great to see that the Canucks' Much Vaunted Players Development Department was able to increase the value of their prospects so they could secure a Glover and a Friedman in exchange.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
From another Penis fan:
"But no for real Frieds would probably be OK for Vancouver as their #6. He plays with an edge, draws a lot of penalties and actually has a surprisingly decent skillset so he can play with a little pace and keep up in the NZ and OZ. I wouldn't say he's as good in his own end as Ruh which is why he always got the short end of that stick with Sullivan but I also don't think he'd hurt most teams as their #6."

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I am one of the few on here that actually likes Rathbone. I hope he get a chance in Pitt

I think we will be a solid d man in the league for a long time

Reactions: ChilliBilly

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
From another Penis fan:
"But no for real Frieds would probably be OK for Vancouver as their #6. He plays with an edge, draws a lot of penalties and actually has a surprisingly decent skillset so he can play with a little pace and keep up in the NZ and OZ. I wouldn't say he's as good in his own end as Ruh which is why he always got the short end of that stick with Sullivan but I also don't think he'd hurt most teams as their #6."
Ummmmmmmm

Reactions: SopelFanThe3rd

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Friedman is apparently expected to join the team shortly, and it sounds like he may have a shot at Juulsen's spot immediately.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
From another Penis fan:
Who isn’t a Penis fan?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Rathbone should have demanded a trade during or immediately after the jaw droppingly stupid taxi squad fiasco.

....technically every prospect acquired or drafted outside the first round between Aug 2014 and Dec 5, 2021 should also have demanded a trade, but Rathbone in particular suffered.

Reactions: Lindgren

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Rathbone had multiple opportunities to claim a spot on the Canucks roster. He just wasn’t good enough. Good luck to him with Pittsburg and at least he’ll be closer to his family and his special needs brother.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad