Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Canucks brass did the right thing for once. So ppl are ecstatic they are not completely out to lunch. Its a marginal win. But there is nothing to slag here no matter if Archibald is your secret crush or something. Right move for the organisation, one hand clap, move on.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Defense son

Defense.
There's only so many save percentage points that this excuse grants you. Nilsson wasn't adequate and frankly I'm surprised a team traded for him in the first place.

This deal strikes me as spare parts for spare parts + a 6th (i.e., more spare parts). I liked Archibald's game, shame to see him go.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
So that's it for ya.

You honestly don't think if we traded Nilsson or Arch on their own....we couldn't have gotten a better deal......

Jim Benning special son...just like always....we overpaid for a waiver eligible player.
You dont honestly think JB's main target in this deal is Pyatt
If you do, then you are dumber than Benning

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
So that's it for ya.

You honestly don't think if we traded Nilsson or Arch on their own....we couldn't have gotten a better deal......

Jim Benning special son...just like always....we overpaid for a waiver eligible player.
Yeah no... We cleared a spot for Demko and got a 6th round pick for our trouble.

Reactions: geebaan

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hard to comprehend what the point of this trade is for Ottawa. Give uo a pick to get a new backup goalie for this season, which is already a write off. Pyatt doesn't hurt your cap if he's buried, so that doesn't matter. Don't really get it from their side.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Nobody is ignoring anything...not for one second did I indicate he was a miracle worker that made all goalies elite...I simply stated that he was successful with both Bobrovsky and Marky (more recently) and you brought in Cloutier as some kind of counter argument (even though he had 97 wins in 3 season...lol).

You do understand that different goalies have different skill sets? If Demko has the raw skill that we drafted him for Clark should be able to turn him into a very capable goalie.
I don’t think you understand that you’re only using Bobrovsky as a barometer and somehow have correlated this to thinking that he’s going to turn Demko into something special.

About the only positive thing I can say about Clark is that I’m sure he’s better than the goaltending coach in Utica

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Jim Benning special here....could have had Pyatt for nothing but good old jumbo packages him up with a couple of NHL 'ers and we get nothing back but a 6th rounder?

Not surprisingly honestly.

Seen this waaaaaay too many times with this regime.

That's the spirit; I was wondering how the anti-Benning faction would pick this trade apart...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unbelievable how stupid this fan base is.

Sure, let's give up assets so our unproven goalie can get some reps AND then we'll make the judgment.

I cannot believe we just gave up a back up goalie and 4th liner who crushes every one now and again...... and can chip in

Mind boggling :skeptic::confused:

Nilsson is a negative-value asset. Bad backup with a bad contract. Pyatt is also a negative-value asset we take back to mitigate some of Nilsson’s contract.

I’m a big fan of Archibald but these guys were never going to play him so getting something back and dumping a bad contract and re-arranging some assets so Demko can be promoted is a good move.

Nilsson is a cap dump.

The players we got are worthless.

It's essentially Archibald for a sixth + cap relief. And clears a spot for Demko.

It's not a deal with a large impact but is.a trade rooted in a different kind of philosophy than we've seen in the past, and people are happy about that.

This.

Hard to comprehend what the point of this trade is for Ottawa. Give uo a pick to get a new backup goalie for this season, which is already a write off. Pyatt doesn't hurt your cap if he's buried, so that doesn't matter. Don't really get it from their side.

They get a backup goaltending upgrade and a depth forward for a late-round pick to try and avoid the embarrassment of trading away a top-3 puck.

Reactions: Peen and geebaan

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
One teams crap for another teams crap, but the Canucks get a draft pick out of it, and get to call up their goalie of the future. I see no problem with this trade what so ever.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
That's the spirit; I was wondering how the anti-Benning faction would pick this trade apart...

ONE GUY. ONE.

And this guy, who was making bets that Pettersson wasn't going to be good.

"The Anti-Benning faction" has been accurately assessing the trade as "good" due to the pick. Don't try to drop your woe is me, everyone that disagrees with me is a hater, irrational, biased, garbage.

The truth is "The Anti-Benning faction" are mostly level headed, and right in being critical of most of JBs actions, but you can't accept that and need to justify your lack of bias-intelligence by picking out a single nonsensical poster. Nice one.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Nilsson and Archie are not negative value assets.
Pyatt is.

Getting a 6th is good sure. Losing two assets to call up a worse backup to get some NHL games in is not good enough for me.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm more concerned that Benning said Pyatt is a guy they're excited to get. Keeping that pro scouting meme alive I see.

I'd hope he was brought in to be a top six center in Utica, where he'd be a great add, but I don't know if he's been on waivers or not yet and hasn't spent any time in the AHL for 10 years. He certainly fits the type of bottom line plug Benning has liked to stockpile, though I have no idea where he fits.

A decent little deal either way, though I'm still curious to see where Pyatt goes.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Unbelievable how stupid this fan base is.

Sure, let's give up assets so our unproven goalie can get some reps AND then we'll make the judgment.

I cannot believe we just gave up a back up goalie and 4th liner who crushes every one now and again...... and can chip in

Mind boggling :skeptic:

0-8-1 in his last 9 starts, has a 2.5M cap hit, and is UFA at the end of the season. Useless player. Detrimental even.

And what 4th liner?/

You continuously hold the absolute worst opinions with no base in reality whatsoever. Mind boggling.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

They're probably desperate to not have their traded pick become a top 3.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
So that's it for ya.

Pyatt wasn't the f***ing value here ffs.

The 6th rounder is.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Nilsson was absolutely a negative value asset, as was Pyatt which presumably is why he was included in the deal. Dumping Nillsson's contract and acquiring a draft pick in and of itself is a win. Demko had to be up in the NHL playing games eventually this season and Nilsson was preventing that.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Nilsson was absolutely a negative value asset, as was Pyatt which presumably is why he was included in the deal. Dumping Nillsson's contract and acquiring a draft pick in and of itself is a win. Demko had to be up in the NHL playing games eventually this season and Nilsson was preventing that.
He's an average backup on a bad team.
Pouliot akd gudbranson are still making up the defense.....
Thats not a negative value asset.

Demko isn't ready for the NHL yet so making this move is going backwards.

We end up with a 6th and a worse backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad