Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
The Canucks also get a 6th round pick in the 2019 draft to be held in Vancouver

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Sucks to lose Archibald. Hopefully Pyatt is still an effective AHL center, because he's a dreadful NHLer.

But overall happy to get any kind of return for Nilsson.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Glad Benning got a centre for Utica on this. Sucks giving up Archibald but at least it was for an AHL C

Overall we get a 6th out of this and Demko can come up. Cool. Hopefully Pyatt is good enough to replace Archibald in the A...

Reactions: DonnyNucker

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like the trade - getting a late draft pick and moving on from Nilsson so that Demko can be brought up is a win.

Too bad that Archibald didn't get a longer leash up here. I thought he was an obvious upgrade on Gaunce last year in a similar role and should have been given a good shot this year. Unfortunately Schaller was brought in as an "upgrade" and boxed Archibald out a bit, which obviously hasn't worked out. I assume they like Pyatt as a 13th forward over someone like Goldobin who will be the next one out.

So, good trade. Masks a couple of other botches by Benning (Schaller over Archibald, signing Nilsson for 2 years in the first place) but on it's own, I'm fine with this one.

Reactions: theoriginalBCF

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Don't expect Demko to be called up immediately. I expect Mckena and Nilsson to just trade dressing rooms today (Canucks v. Sens tonight), and maybe tomorrow or the next day the move for Demko will take place.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Assuming Pyatt/McKenna are sent to the AHL and Demko re-called, I approve of this. But wouldn't be surprised to see Goldy the next to be moved. Hopefully for a decent pick or defensive prospect.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Feel like we gave up the most value, but atleast it's basically the right move to make

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm going to assume the three threads get merged under this confirmed with link one and comment here...

I like that they are presumably making room for Demko. They need him to get 15-20 NHL games this season.

Pyatt is not a good player. Sucks to give up Archibald from the Comet point of view as it seems he's a major leader on that team. McKenna is also not a good player and shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL.

Bit a of a win win here...Canucks can get Demko time. Sens get a bit of an upgrade in the backup position.

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
I'm going to assume the three threads get merged under this confirmed with link one and comment here...

I like that they are presumably making room for Demko. They need him to get 15-20 NHL games this season.

Pyatt is not a good player. Sucks to give up Archibald from the Comet point of view as it seems he's a major leader on that team. McKenna is also not a good player and shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL.

Bit a of a win win here...Canucks can get Demko time. Sens get a bit of an upgrade in the backup position.

Apart from an injury to Markstrom, there's no chance that Demko starts half of the remaining games.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Archibald is the best asset in this trade. He’ll get called up to Ottawa and be a better player there than multiple players we’re carrying on our NHL roster.

That said, given that we’re stupidly hitching our wagons to junk like Schaller and Granlund, dumping Nilsson’s crap contract and getting a pick back so Demko can start getting NHL games represents a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->