Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm pretty sure Pyatt's contract expires after this season. I don't know what the big deal is. Almost every player involved were on expiring contracts including Nilsson and Archibald. Almost everything involved in the trade was a negative asset, or one that held no value. I was a fan Archibald, but he had to clear waivers a couple times already this season, and no one claimed him. Nilsson held no value either, hence why we had to take back crap to even get a 6th rounder back in return. Ottawa is the worst team in the league, and I highly doubt there was a lineup of teams offering anything for Nilsson, considering goalies are becoming a dime a dozen in the league. Most teams have their Demko's waiting in the wings, just waiting for their opportunity. Goalies like Blackwood, Petterson, and Husso to name a few. Demko deserves a shot, Nilsson had his chance. Picking up a 6th rounder is just a bonus, since almost everyone involved in the trade would become a FA anyways.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
^Do you not think that Demko can be a improvement on Nilsson? What is your obsession with Nilsson, who hasn't won a single game in his last 8?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Cloutier was a career 0.895 goaltender in over 100 games before coming to Vancouver where he put up .901 in his first full season, .908 in his second, and .914 in his third before injuries derailed his career. Ian Clark did a *great* job with Cloutier, who never had that much raw talent to begin with.

Cloutier also has the lowest save % in NHL playoff history amongst goalies with as many playoff starts. Ian Clark is not a good goalie coach.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
I don’t think you understand that you’re only using Bobrovsky as a barometer and somehow have correlated this to thinking that he’s going to turn Demko into something special.

About the only positive thing I can say about Clark is that I’m sure he’s better than the goaltending coach in Utica
Nope, I used Bobrovsky and Marky as examples that Clark is a competent goalie coach based on work he has done with both these players. Made no mention of turning anyone into a something special, will settle for a good solid, dependable and consistent goalie.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Cloutier also has the lowest save % in NHL playoff history amongst goalies with as many playoff starts. Ian Clark is not a good goalie coach.

Lol. Clothier sucks in the playoffs. His coach is no good!

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Honestly, it's Archibald I'm pissed about.

If we ACTUALLY make the playoffs...we seriously could have used him.

Would you not agree with that?

To be honest I really liked Archie too. He hit like a freight train. A good character guy. One of the only tougher guys that we had in our system. His skating wasn't the greatest but I don't think he would of been anything more than a emergency call up on this roster. Ottawa could be good for him if he can get more minutes there. I agree with you though, he was also my favorite player involved in the trade.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Honestly, it's Archibald I'm pissed about.

If we ACTUALLY make the playoffs...we seriously could have used him.

Would you not agree with that?

Losing an AHL 4th line plug in the event we make the playoffs is giving you heartburn? Unless there was an injury or two he likely wasn’t going to see anything other than the press box...hardly anything to lose sleep over.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
To be honest I really liked Archie too. He hit like a freight train. A good character guy. One of the only tougher guys that we had in our system. His skating wasn't the greatest but I don't think he would of been anything more than a emergency call up on this roster. Ottawa could be good for him if he can get more minutes there. I agree with you though, he was also my favorite player involved in the trade.
It's an absolute travesty.

Arch NEVER should have been involved in this trade.

Just goes to show ya that Jimmy needs to sweeten the pot every time.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Losing an AHL 4th line plug in the event we make the playoffs is giving you heartburn? Unless there was an injury or two he likely wasn’t going to see anything other than the press box...hardly anything to lose sleep over.

If you can't figure out that Ottawa is an extremely good franchise to determine talent...then I don't know what to say.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It's an absolute travesty.

Arch NEVER should have been involved in this trade.

Just goes to show ya that Jimmy needs to sweeten the pot every time.

I like Archie too and prefer him over Schaller, but the dude has cleared waivers multiple times this year so he’s clearly not as valuable of an asset as you think he is.

And in the big picture, this trade will be irrelevant so getting worked up over this is bizarre.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I like Archie too and prefer him over Schaller, but the dude has cleared waivers multiple times this year so he’s clearly not as valuable of an asset as you think he is.

And in the big picture, this trade will be irrelevant so getting worked up over this is bizarre.
I'm only getting worked up if we made the playoffs....I think we could have but not anymore.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Archibald was a loyal soldier been with the franchise for a very long time (Since 2011 with the Chicago Wolves). Would have liked the Canucks to have given him a permanent role in the fourth line. To bad.

Reactions: PM

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Nilsson and Archie are not negative value assets.
Pyatt is.

Getting a 6th is good sure. Losing two assets to call up a worse backup to get some NHL games in is not good enough for me.
Nilsson's contract makes him a negative value asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad