Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald traded for Tom Pyatt, Mike McKenna, 6th Round Pick in '19

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He seems like a streaky guy. Put up stretches last year where he played very well before coming back to earth.

I think he has potential but consistency has been an issue for him. I hope he does well and finds it.

Without knowing i feel like better consistency should be the easiest thing to improve. Specialy if he was realy bad at it before. I think he deserves to at least get a try at being a starter. Markstrom play so much games so Nilsson is not realy needed in Vancouver. I am just glad Lundqvist aint the only Swedish starting goalie.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Nilsson seem to do well this far in Ottawa.

What a shock; gets traded to the worst team in hockey and, hey presto, his save % goes up 28 points and his GAA drops by half a goal. It's almost like they know how to play a backup goalie to their advantage...

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Nilsson has in the past had good stretches of play, whether it was in Edmonton, Buffalo, or here in Vancouver. The problem is his game would completely collapse all of a sudden and not recover. It's possible that he's the type that simply needs to be given the #1 spot with no "push" from behind him to be at his best or be given at least a 1A/1B role where he doesn't need to compete for starts.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
He seems like a streaky guy. Put up stretches last year where he played very well before coming back to earth.

I think he has potential but consistency has been an issue for him. I hope he does well and finds it.
He's also beating all the teams the Canucks are in a wildcard race with. The Sens had a successful road trip in California and just did the Canucks another huge favour beating Dallas last night. All with Nilsson in net. That was shrewd trade, having the foresight to deal Nilsson to Ottawa who just beat 3 teams in the wildcard race, as well as clearing $2.5 off the books and while getting a 6th round pick and Pyatt for Archibald which solves Utica's centre issue. Then to bring the trade win streak to 12, he deals DelZotto who wouldn't have cleared waivers anyway. He gets a pick and Schenn who's already in the minors so the Canucks don't have to waive him, he'll report directly to Utica. JB's trading has improved, no one can deny that.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He's also beating all the teams the Canucks are in a wildcard race with. The Sens had a successful road trip in California and just did the Canucks another huge favour beating Dallas last night. All with Nilsson in net. That was shrewd trade, having the foresight to deal Nilsson to Ottawa who just beat 3 teams in the wildcard race, as well as clearing $2.5 off the books and while getting a 6th round pick and Pyatt for Archibald which solves Utica's centre issue. Then to bring the trade win streak to 12, he deals DelZotto who wouldn't have cleared waivers anyway. He gets a pick and Schenn who's already in the minors so the Canucks don't have to waive him, he'll report directly to Utica. JB's trading has improved, no one can deny that.

Calm down bro, it's time to take a break

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
This trade got rid of excess that was not going to be re-signed. Ultimately, the Canucks decided to move from Nilsson at the expense of Archibald. The pick is an asset that they can use. Pyatt expires, so all in all it's just the pick.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I hope we get McKenna back. Not to take Demko's job, but he seems to be a good guy. I guess Philly isn't far removed from Utica.

A couple of hoops to jump through first.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Nilsson has in the past had good stretches of play, whether it was in Edmonton, Buffalo, or here in Vancouver. The problem is his game would completely collapse all of a sudden and not recover. It's possible that he's the type that simply needs to be given the #1 spot with no "push" from behind him to be at his best or be given at least a 1A/1B role where he doesn't need to compete for starts.

You mean like Markstrom...

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Reminiscent of his first 3 games with the Canucks in which he posted 2 shutouts, before teams realized you don't have to shoot around him, you can shoot through him.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Just put up a 45 save shutout and is 2.23 GAA .934 sv% in 9GP for the Sens (stats before tonights SO).

Well worth the late pick they gave up.

Yes. Ottawa has gained some ground and are 3 points from being last overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad