Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NJ] Canucks acquire G Louis Domingue for G Zane McIntyre

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
A good chance to see what Thatcher can do before the Canucks spend a ton of money on Markstrom with cap issues. If Demko steps up and shines and shows the pedigree we have always thought he has, then maybe you let Markstrom walk and keep the younger, cheaper goalie.
Exactly. Sucks that Markstrom is out but this is an opportunity for both Demko and the Canucks. Helps that I have faith in Demko, otherwise I probably wouldn't have such a positive attitude towards it lol.

Reactions: maroon 6 and Ozone

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
This will actually work out well. I'm a Demko believer, and here's his chance to prove it once and for all. If he's not the one, we re-sign Markstrom.

If Demko plays lights out, he's the no. 1 and we try to get a 5th or 6th rounder for Markstrom's rights. Domingue will be re-signed as a capable backup if he fits in well with the group.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
This will actually work out well. I'm a Demko believer, and here's his chance to prove it once and for all. If he's not the one, we re-sign Markstrom.

If Demko plays lights out, he's the no. 1 and we try to get a 5th or 6th rounder for Markstrom's rights. Domingue will be re-signed as a capable backup if he fits in well with the group.
This isn’t a bad way of looking at the off-season.

Reactions: MarkMM

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Jeff Paterson on Twitter implied it may be related to him getting run over in the Minnesota game. I missed that game and I don't know if that's true or not. Seems implausible but also wtf happened then
I've been known to become emotional on occasion. I get it, @Melvin

giphy.gif

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Sorry for Marky, but looking extremely forward to seeing what Demko can do over this next month.

Welcome Domingue!!!!

Now, let's get the road trip started with a Demko win on Tuesday.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Silver lining...

I am absolutely pumped to get this extended look at Demko.

To me... This will determine whether we can let Marky walk or be taken to cleaners by his agent.
Especially excited to see how Demko looks in game #1. How does he step up and take the reigns knowing he's the temp #1 now.
Does he cramp up like our last 'next one'or does he shine and run with it.

Meanwhile - Marky... get well as soon as possible in case we desperately need you back right away.

Domingue - was good enough with good teams in front of him... hopefully we are ok enough for him to be ok enough.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I saw Benning's interview on Facebook earlier and he said that he was never in on a trade for Lehner or anybody else that would have cost them additional assets.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
I saw Benning's interview on Facebook earlier and he said that he was never in on a trade for Lehner or anybody else that would have cost them additional assets.
Doesn't even make sense to trade for Lehner when you have a quality back-up in Demko that you desperately need an opportunity to take a long look at anyways.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Can't complain about this trade though. Just added a better goalie for the shittier goalie and it looks like the Devil's just save cash. All in all a relatively fine Nucks deadline giving up Madden, 2nd Schaller, MacIntyre and maybe a 4th for Toffoli and Domingue. Ya that's fine.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Can't complain about this trade though. Just added a better goalie for the shittier goalie and it looks like the Devil's just save cash. All in all a relatively fine Nucks deadline giving up Madden, 2nd Schaller, MacIntyre and maybe a 4th for Toffoli and Domingue. Ya that's fine.

devils just recovering all that dough they retained on simmonds.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Exactly, but the media asked, Benning answered, and I figured I'd share it here because it's likely to come up again.
It's awful that Markstrom is out for a month, but we really needed to see Demko in action, and well, here we are.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Silver lining...

I am absolutely pumped to get this extended look at Demko.

To me... This will determine whether we can let Marky walk or be taken to cleaners by his agent.
Especially excited to see how Demko looks in game #1. How does he step up and take the reigns knowing he's the temp #1 now.
Does he cramp up like our last 'next one'or does he shine and run with it.

Meanwhile - Marky... get well as soon as possible in case we desperately need you back right away.

Domingue - was good enough with good teams in front of him... hopefully we are ok enough for him to be ok enough.

It's like the worst case scenario is good because it forces the team to do what they should have been doing st the start of the year.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's like the worst case scenario is good because it forces the team to do what they should have been doing st the start of the year.

It's like how Stetcher/Tryamkin forced themselves into the lineup only after multiple injuries were sustained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad