2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
There's a very real possibility for Brandsegg-Nygård to be available for Chicago at 20.

And KD would be all over that.
He's more of the same though. Choking up on the bat. Griping down on the club. Whatever metaphor you want to use. MBN is a speed and shot guy with limited upside (in my opinion). He'll likely be a solid NHL player. Great skater, good shot, sturdy. But we need to chase some upside here. I'd rather swing on guys with Hage type. We've already got enough bottom 6 type fillers.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With the 4th pick of the 2024 NHL Entry Draft ,the Chicago Blackhawks select ____________?

Yup...prepare for the blow that dropsxusx2 spitszafter lotto draws.

To me Dickinson is a better prospect ceiling than Levsshunov and so IF Lindstrom off the board attention #4 in this scenario,I can see KD going Dickinson even if the LD pipeline is well stocked...Still if you are going BPA then the big Dickinson out to ve the logical choice in this case and we can figure a Left D of Vlasic+Dickinson +Del Mastro would be the core stringpiintbofvthe Hawks for the next decade..
Of course RD is still an issue ..Maybe AlkennorxKaissrcan pkay there till Ronzel cones..

We can draft a RD irc2 of them in 2nd round..maybe not top ceiling RD but there are some good Big sizes RD I like for the 2nd round ...

The key point of fixing the RD is to get rid of Connor Barfy and to ultimately move $9.5 to forward ..Maybe next draft we find the 1RD solution?
But if we add Dickensin that left side is goingvto ve s Doozey.

On thevotger hand our biggest need is a Center with size and physicality with good talent..Thisvisxwhu Lindstrom fits our need rather than where he ranks in BPA.

We need that big physical center and a 200ft game type to both counter the opps shutting down our smal centers.
Jason Dickenson may not improve of his career year this season ..and IF we have a Bedard Lindstrom and another capable 3c we draft or sign or have in the pipelinet moves Jason Dickenson to 4C and then you get some better offense from the 4th line.
So obviously Lindstrom is our big need if we draft 2.3 or 4
..but if he is off the board should we draft 3rd or 4th then Sam Dickinson probably is the pick from KD.

You sometimes do not get what you want or need..but you upgrade somewhere else and figure out the needs later.

I just prefer Sam Dickinson to Levshunov even though RD is a bigger need ..but you cannot always get what you want most or need most , so you draft the BP.A remaining on the board and you figure out the needs later.

Rd #1=S.Dickinson +Michael Hage =acceptable haul ,no?

Or if Lindstrom there for our pick at #2,3 or 4 ,we get Lindstrom +Beckett Sennecke (at,TB pick)...noe that is a very good and big forward haul;no ?

I think the disappointment of not landing Celebrini would be assuaged by either of these 2 different first round hauls..

Rd #2 #34 = Dean Letourneau C
Yegor Surin F
Sam O'Reilly C/RW

Pick from L.A. : Harrison Brunicke RD
Colton Roberts RD

Hopefully we get 1 of them here.

For our Van pick in round 2:

Raoul Boilard C
Nathan Villneuve C
Hopefully get 1 of them.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
How's this scenario:

Blackhawks end up with #2 pick.
Trade the pick along with #34, Reichel, and Taylor Raddysh to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk.

We finally get our Tkachuk (been waiting since 1995.)

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
How's this scenario:

Blackhawks end up with #2 pick.
Trade the pick along with #34, Reichel, and Taylor Raddysh to Ottawa for Brady Tkachuk.

We finally get our Tkachuk (been waiting since 1995.)
I think trading this years 1st does not make sense for a guy turning 25, Does he make us a playoff contender? NO. taylor R has no value. he has ARB rights and scored 20 last year. IE he will get over paid if it ends up in ARB. He will either agree to a 1 mil contract or he is going to end up as a UFA nobody is giving him QO.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He's more of the same though. Choking up on the bat. Griping down on the club. Whatever metaphor you want to use. MBN is a speed and shot guy with limited upside (in my opinion). He'll likely be a solid NHL player. Great skater, good shot, sturdy. But we need to chase some upside here. I'd rather swing on guys with Hage type. We've already got enough bottom 6 type fillers.
I don't disagree with you at all.

But so far KD tends to value role players over high upside picks.

Reactions: TLEH

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No good draft simulators out there? You know that allow trades, etc?

The one I used in past appears you have to sign up to use now
Is that one the draft pro one? You can just make a fake email account to use it. You don't have to do anything with email other than to put an email address in the spot they provide. Not like they send an email to confirm anything.

Adding that is a minor annoyance, but still better than the other sims.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Moore is the only one of his first round picks you can make this argument for. And I don't think they viewed him as a low-upside role player at all.
I suppose his 1st round selections have all been high upside picks. Korchinski was the only stretch thus far, considering Mintyukov was available.

I was looking at this selections as a whole, and outside the 1st round there's a lot of random guys that selected that have career AHL upside at best.

And yes I know that is the likely fate for players drafted outside the 1st round, however when you're taking guys in the 3rd or 4th round that aren't even projected to get drafted whatsoever, it's like you're not even trying. At that point you're just throwing picks away.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Korchinski will be fine. 19 year old playing with AHLers in his rookie season. He didn't hit the rookie wall until about game 60 which was to be expected. He got a little better as the year went on. He will do so again next season.

Tanking team with a tanking roster. How good do you want the kid to look? The whole team was hemmed in their own zone all year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m not moving that much for Brady personally
Same. 25 isn't old but we're not competing for a Cup in the next 2-3 years and by then we'll have missed out on his likely best productive seasons while we have to give him an 8 year deal that he most likely doesn't live up to.

I'd rather keep the pick and enjoy the extra 7 years of cheap control we'd have over that draftee

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The thing is Korchinski will probably suck for another season. Probably show some signs of life late next year. However you slice it you have to think we will have a whole homegrown left side of our D longterm. And 2/3 taken care of with Rinzel and Jones. Pretty sweet deal when we couldn’t find a productive Hawk drafted D for like 8 years

Reactions: HawksDub89

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Korchinski will be fine. 19 year old playing with AHLers in his rookie season. He didn't hit the rookie wall until about game 60 which was to be expected. He got a little better as the year went on. He will do so again next season.

Tanking team with a tanking roster. How good do you want the kid to look? The whole team was hemmed in their own zone all year.

The kid also lost his father last year, too.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
There is a massive drop-off after the elite 6 defensemen + Jiricek. I've been looking for a potential steal for defenseman for the Hawks in the 20-34 range and have yet to find any. It feels like if you miss out on those 7 guys, you might as well wait until round 2 to select a Cole Hutson or Will Skahan type. There's plenty of really good 2nd rounder defensemen like most drafts. That 20-34 range is winger heavy. Tons of talent like Basha, Artamonov, Parascak, and Vanacker

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
If Blackhawks miss out on Celebrini I absolutely want them to take Buium. I am convinced this kid is the next Quinn Hughes/Adam Fox defenseman. If they get pick #2 I would try and trade down to like 4-6 to snag him.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
If Blackhawks miss out on Celebrini I absolutely want them to take Buium. I am convinced this kid is the next Quinn Hughes/Adam Fox defenseman. If they get pick #2 I would try and trade down to like 4-6 to snag him.
Absolutely? That's really strong after Celebrini in this draft. But I'm with you on Buium.

I just finished rewatching the NCAA tournament games against BU and BC came away even more impressed with Buium. He has an excellent stick when defending and there's no panic in his game. His short passes in his own zone don't put a teammate in difficult positions. His IQ is evident in all zones with or without the puck.

I get the Lev love due to size and being right handed. That said, Buium > Levshunov.

Reactions: BHFAN92

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I just don't think there is any consensus at all after Celibrini, so it is a total crap shoot from 2-15 it seems.

Hopeful that KD and crew get us a forward. We have a lot of D in the pipeline and a Seth Jones from now until eternity.

I'm definitely a "best player available" type pick but with no discernible BPA, I am hoping we go for Demidov, Catton, or someone who can help us generate some offence.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
If he is that good, there is no way in hell you take the risk for trading down.
I agree..If I had my way I would draft him at #2 but honestly think he could be had at picks 4-6. This is the draft I would love to have 2 top 10 picks and would be willing to package Tampa and Toronto 1sts in 24 & 25 plus 2nd rd picks in 2024 to make it happen...walk away with Catton/Buium would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00